Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to offer feedback on existing Sanctum features, suggestions on additional features, and criticism of our policies. Anyone is welcome to comment, but please be constructive.
Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Contradictory technicalities in forum rules

Postby Twinflame » April 30th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Specifically, the rules of the IC forums. The rules for the Horde, Alliance, and Cross-faction forums state in their rules: "For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum," yet the Backstories forum rules are, "This forum is used to post one-author stories taking place in the past. For stories following characters in current events or ongoing RP, please post to the Alliance, Horde, or Cross-Faction forums instead." Where then, would multi-author, ongoing RP threads set in the past, go?

I'm not sure there's a wrong answer this question, but the rules of all forums say that such threads should go in a different forum.

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Re: Contradictory technicalities in forum rules

Postby Naunet » April 30th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Careful what questions you ask. You may unwittingly unravel the universe.

My initial sense would be that multi-author, ongoing RP threads set in the past would go in the Alliance/Horde/Cross-faction forums. The Backstories subforum is more for standalone-type works that do not involve interpersonal roleplay.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » April 30th, 2014, 11:50 pm

I ran into the same thing and got it answered.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63

Basically, they go into the "faction"-appropriate area.
Last edited by LEGION on April 30th, 2014, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » April 30th, 2014, 11:51 pm

Tinox and I share a psychic connection.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Tinox
Tinox
Global Moderator
Tinox

Postby Tinox » April 30th, 2014, 11:51 pm

To be honest, when I was writing these, I was trying to be as specific as possible to avoid further questions, but I forgot about these types of stories because I couldn't remember ever seeing one, to be honest. Oolaki's example of a salvaged story was not something I'd accounted for.

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » April 30th, 2014, 11:54 pm

I think Twinflame and I have existed in the past for almost two years now... it is a strange place. o.o

Login  •  Register