Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to offer feedback on existing Sanctum features, suggestions on additional features, and criticism of our policies. Anyone is welcome to comment, but please be constructive.
Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

Possible Forum Fundraiser?

Postby Nolan » July 26th, 2014, 5:27 pm

I was wondering if it would be acceptable to start a completely voluntary fundraiser for the community for a chatbox addon or some such for the forum. I love popping in and having random discussions on the spot, plus it's always nice to have people to talk to when you want to get a question answered or an opinion shared. I'd support it but it's just a humble suggestion/idea.
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Re: Possible Forum Fundraiser?

Postby LEGION » July 26th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Hello!

I'm not sure if it is a question of funding or simply a limit to what the Bulletin Board provider's software allows? Tinox is the Site Admin God, here, and can probably offer more information in that regard.

During the span of time in between the Great Crash of the Old Sanctum (the provider claimed that the entire site's data was corrupted AS WELL AS all backups, effectively destroying YEARS of stories and articles) and the rebuilding of the New Sanctum, there was a temporary site created to allow the community to continue to contribute and stay in touch while everyone waited to see what was going to happen with the Sanctum.

It has a chat feature, etc. However I don't think it sees much use among the community here: http://azeroth-press.enjin.com/home

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Postby Lukar » July 27th, 2014, 4:22 pm

The issue of a chatbox is indeed an issue for Tinox. I also don't think it's a lack of funding, and moreso a limitation of the boards themselves.

We did used to have an IRC channel, #Sanctum, on MMOIRC.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » July 27th, 2014, 5:28 pm

I think the IRC channel is still in use. At least it was a few months ago. And even if it isn't now, it's something that still exists and can be made use of should the community wish!
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Login  •  Register