Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post stories that are not related to World of Warcraft. Advertising your work is authorized, within reason.
Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Postby Nolan » August 17th, 2014, 11:15 pm

Has anyone tried this game? It looks so hardcore, it's not even funny. Constant PVP flagged (really, there is no "flagging", your life can end at any moment), player looting, community-driven faction-building, naval and cavalry battles... oh my!

It looks like it plays similarly to TESO but to me, that is a good thing. The only reason I was excited about TESO in the first place before all the bad decisions Zenimax made, was the combat system. I think this game might be worth a look. It's a subscription game too so you know what you're paying for is what you're getting. Even the graphics aren't bad considering the game (from what I've researched on it) is pretty well optimized and runs smoothly on most systems. From the wiki synopsis, it's basically like what Guild Wars 2 SHOULD have been. Have a look at the stuff I've found.

The actual site

The wiki about it

The official wiki

This game looks like a worthy RP game as well in that everyone's pretty gray. You can be evil doing good things and you can be good doing evil things. OR you can go full evil-tard and just be out to pillage and murder, or go full goody goody and defend and save people. What matters is your clan, guild, or empire. You can go solo but in the dark world of Agon, a lone man is little better than a lone lamb in a forest full of wolves. It might suffer from EVE Online syndrome where you either join a team quick or die alot and be poor, but to me, that's medieval life isn't it?

What do you guys think about Darkfall: Unholy Wars? If you've played it, what was your experience like?

Edit

There isn't much by the way of screenies of the races, but here's a panel of conceptual designs. I'll name them, left to right.

Mercians: Humans, Tovarr: Dwarvish Humans, Alfari: Dark Elves, Mirdain: High Elves, Mahirim: Beastfolk, Orks

See order above
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

Re: Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Postby Nolan » August 19th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Has anyone checked this game out? Or is this the first time you've heard of it? :D
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

Kiraleen
Kiraleen
Kiraleen

Postby Kiraleen » August 19th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Nolan wrote:Has anyone checked this game out? Or is this the first time you've heard of it? :D

I've heard of it. It doesn't appeal to me.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » August 20th, 2014, 1:15 am

The guild I played Warhammer Online with had gone to Darkfall Online, but it's basically a first-person shooter MMO.

Login  •  Register