Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post Sanctum contests and challenges, as well as entries to those events. Please keep all submissions to a single thread per person per event.
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Re: Alas, Gilneas! Pacer info (recovered)

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » April 1st, 2015, 7:03 pm

Pacer tonight. same time, same location as noted in the guild message.

RiktheRed21
RiktheRed21
RiktheRed21

Postby RiktheRed21 » April 1st, 2015, 8:10 pm

Finch is tentative tonight. Got some homework to finish before the holiday.
"I am the Night!" -Brinnea, Rikthered, Cynthya, Orgog, Kazarak.....

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » April 22nd, 2015, 7:47 pm

Pacer tonight. Same wolf time, same wolf channel. Be there, or be... normal. Worgen hate normal

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » April 29th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Pacer tonight. A few of you might notice that Jake and Lynnie have apparently wandered off. Of course, they have. But where? See you tonight!!! Hopefully Maxwell and Percy have escaped the time warp of the mountain tunnel

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » April 30th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Okay! We've made it to Arathi, and for our troubles, Maxwell dug up a.... Fork. That's right, an ancient relic of eating. So long as the dwarves pay for it...

Anyway. POTENTIAL TIME CHANGE:

The pacer currently sits at 9pm to 11pm realm time. It has been proposed to move it up an hour to 8-10pm realm time. So, if all players could submit in this thread their preferred start time, 8 or 9pm, and why that time works best for you.

From what I can tell, we're scattered over a few time zones, so it's important that we have a start time that works best for everyone, if at all possible.

I'll start:

9-11pm realm time. I live in Pacific Time Zone. I'm an assistant instructor for an online class that ends at 9pm Central. These classes run for 5 weeks, and usually start up again after a few weeks off. Potentially. That being said, I CAN manage the 8pm start, i'll just be in and out (not completely engaged) for the first hour of the pacer. If no class, I am running into dinner time with the change.

As for next week, we'll still meet at the regularly scheduled time (just in case some miss this post). And if there is a change, we'll begin it the following week. Have fun and we'll see you in Arathi next Wednesday.

=====================

PS: The archaeology mechanics make rp'ing the actual digging of the relics rather different. Lots of running around until you have completed the zone. we're also a large group, so any mob we meet can easily be mowed down with very little risk to ourselves. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas about maintaining a more 'pacer' mentality when moving through zones, as well as searching for relics at the dig sites?

Jake wears his starter gear (for the most part) so I, the player, can have a feeling of danger when moving through zones. As Finch pointed out, his Hound had more health than Wakefield.

Here's why I bring it up, and what I mean about pacer mentality. We walked the entire way from Ironforge to Arathi, stopping about halfway at a camp midway down from the mountains. That's pacer mentality at it's finest. RP'd the entire way. Yet, when we reached Arathi, we ran through the mobs, we mowed through the trolls and after completing the fork, we ran back to refuge point.

It seems to me, and I may be completely off base with everyone else's expectations, that reaching Arathi and the treasure grounds (as we called it) would be the main event for our RP evening. Here, we could have slowed to a crawl and really played it out. Example:

::Jake places the transit in the spot indicated by Maxwell::
::Maxwell looks through the eyepiece, while Finch and Percy keep watch on the distant Trolls. Lynnie has a haunch of boar meat in her hand, happily munching away while the others work::

"There," Maxwell says, pointing toward a distant tree. "Twenty paces North north east" Jake hoists the transit and follows Maxwell, who's counting paces and making notations in his leather journal.

"TROLL!" Finch yells, raising his rifle as Bill the Hound leaps toward the headhunter.... Lynnie readies her flower-laden staff, while Percy unleashes a stream of sickly-green energy into the Troll's chest...

It doesn't matter in a paced group how long it takes to do something. What's most important is how we RP it and interact with the environment in which we find ourselves. This goes back to the original intent: pace not race. The JOURNEY is the destination, not the loot at the end of the rainbow.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter. This was only the second or third time we've dug for relics. Therefore, in essence, we're just getting started in the scheme of things. However, If this is going to be our mission for the pacer, we should try and make it more pacer-like; In my opinion, anyway.

I have fun regardless, as you're all fabulous rp'rs. I'm simply offering a suggestion as to how we can make the hunt more IC. Ideas from the group?

Cheers!

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » May 5th, 2015, 9:06 pm

It's looking like the time will remain the same. Also, I will not be at the pacer tomorrow night, nor the next week. So Jake will return in two weeks.

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Postby Lukar » May 7th, 2015, 7:27 pm

Man, the things you miss when you don't read the Sanctum for a few days!

Anyway, I'm okay with the time where it is, but would prefer to move it back by an hour if possible. If not, it's really not a big deal to just stay where it is for a bit.

As for the RP of archaeology, I personally would like to move away from it a bit. Finch gave us the perfect impetus last night when he decided to sell a Dwarven artifact to a human trader rather than back to the Explorer's League, so they could easily cut the group off for a time.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

RiktheRed21
RiktheRed21
RiktheRed21

Postby RiktheRed21 » May 7th, 2015, 8:06 pm

You say this like I've been directly hired by the Explorer's League. I specifically said I'm a free agent. I find things and sell them. More of a treasure hunter than a official archaeologist. I bought maps to dig sites, but I never got on their payroll. Keep in mind Finch is only hanging around because he finds travelling in a group more profitable.

That said, I enjoyed last night's rp more than previous nights for a few reasons. One: I made an effort to say and do a lot more than usual. Two: I took a lot out of the archaeology in terms of coming up with stories for the things I found. If we stuck together better as a group when doing the digs, it could still be very fun. Finally: we had an encounter with a guild that operates out of Arathi, which means there was the awkward moment of everyone reacting to each other in unique ways. I think if we push to maximize rp over grinding levels and profession stuff, we can get a lot out of the pacer, more so than before.

Last note, I think moving the time back an hour would help the group be a bit more focused and awake towards the end of the session.
"I am the Night!" -Brinnea, Rikthered, Cynthya, Orgog, Kazarak.....

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » May 8th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Okay, that's two for moving it back an hour. which would be 8realm time, 6 pacific. Currently, my class ends at 6:15pm Pacific, with a debrief (if needed) for another 10 or so. I will be 'there', but not really.

As for the rp, I'm with Rik on this one:
Two: I took a lot out of the archaeology in terms of coming up with stories for the things I found. If we stuck together better as a group when doing the digs, it could still be very fun

Glad to hear Finch was more conversational.

Like I said, I will not be at the next pacer, either. But the 20th? I think it is, I'll be there for weeks to come (So far as I know).

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » May 20th, 2015, 11:17 am

Pacer tonight! Jake is back from his journey to the Moonglade, where he learned how to speak to ferns. Quite delightful. Anyway, as I never made announcement, we're still at the same time. For this week.

PACER: 9-11 realm time

Be there, or go Gnome.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Login  •  Register