Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post Sanctum contests and challenges, as well as entries to those events. Please keep all submissions to a single thread per person per event.
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Re: Writing Challenge February 2014

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:10 pm

20 Whispers In The Dark Skillet

Noise inside the tent had ceased. She waited a long time after that, standing motionless with the same patience she used in the hunt. Outwardly, she was calm. Inside, she raged and worried and most of all, prayed. Finally, she judged that enough time had passed that it was safe to enter the tent.

She moved to the tent flap and silently lifted it aside enough for her slender shape to pass through. The light outside was weak, and it took only a moment for her eyes to adjust. The tent was of a square design, small enough that it needed no center pole for support. The interior was open and roomy. In the far corner, two hulking shapes sprawled. Deep irregular snores came from one male who had not even made it all the way onto the mat. He stunk of alcohol. The other was sleeping more quietly by comparison, lying on his side. His mouth was wide open and the mat was dark where his drool was spreading. That one was half-dressed rather than completely naked, probably because he'd managed to tighten the laces of his vest into a tangled knot rather than untying them. Satisfied, she turned her gaze to the other side of the tent, where sprawled on the floor lay another dark shape.

Yegali stepped lightly to her friend and crouched, feeling for the chest. The slow rise and fall of breathing reassured her. Carefully, she probed further. A wicked lump at the back of the skull, expected. Swollen cheek with a shallow split in the skin. No missing teeth, but puffy lips. Nothing seemed to be amiss in the arms or legs, but the tail was swollen, probably broken.

Worry abated and prayers answered, Yegali's anger flared. The treatment of her dear friend was inexcusable, and it ended here, now and forever. Swiveling on her hooves, she reached down to the wrappings below her hocks. The winds of fabric there concealed two tiny sheaths, slim and made for being hidden. She withdrew one of the daggers carefully.

Yegali crept over to the quieter form. The husband. She stepped over him, knowing already the method she planned to use. She crouched again at his side. Quickly and without hesitation, she plunged the dagger into the man's thigh. Her blade was slim, but the target was easy. The dagger sliced through the artery at an angle, which would prevent proper constriction and slowing of the blood flow. At the same time, she put her weight onto a knee across the man's throat. He was awake now, and he tried to twist away. She ground down on him and smiled at eyes gone wide in panic. He recognized her.

Good.

She twisted the dagger as she withdrew it, and then brought the weapon to the man's groin. Penis in hand, it was a quick flick to sever the offending part. The man had fallen still, her poison racing through his veins even as precious life leaked from him in great pulses. She rocked back to her hooves, the man now incapable of moving or creating a sound.

His eyes were alternately fixed on her and clenched tightly closed in pain. She brought her right hand above his face and waggled the floppy worm of his manhood until he opened his eyes again and saw it. Then she pried his jaws apart and stuffed it inside his mouth.

She stood, leaving the husband to finish dying. She stepped over to the other senseless rapist, felt briefly for the pulse in his neck. The bloodied dagger sliced in. That man was too intoxicated to do anything but gurgle and expire. She grimaced as she sliced that penis off too. Since he was sprawled so conveniently, she shoved it in his anus.

Yegali left the two dead men to return to her friend. Among the various dark lumps scattered around, she found a blanket and some other piece of cloth. She used the cloth to carefully wipe the dagger clean, then replaced it. She'd have to wash it later, and reapply the poisons.

“Coqui,” she whispered. She gently shook her friend, unsure if she could be roused at all. She was surprised when the woman twitched, then immediately cried out and tried to scramble away. “Shh! Shh!, It's me, Coqui stop!”

Her friend paused, locked eyes with Yegali. The relief in her expression was instantaneous. Then her body convulsed and the contents of her stomach suddenly escaped through her mouth. She didn't even have time to lean over. Vomit splatted down her front and covered her legs. Coqui coughed and gasped and Yegali was left momentarily occupied with fighting her own body for control.

“Ah,” Coqui croaked quietly when it was over. She held herself awkwardly, obviously wanting to wipe herself off, and yet not having anything in hand to do so with. Yegali stuffed the blanket between her knees to hold it, and quickly gathered up the other bits of clothing dotting the floor around them.

Together, they cleaned as best they could. Yegali gagged more than once when she felt the hot mess through the fabric in her hand. They used up what they had at hand in only a minute and had to concede that nothing more could be done. It was only then that Coqui remembered that they shouldn't be alone, and she glanced fearfully to the corner where her husband lay.

“Drunk,” Yegali said.

She extracted the blanket and took a moment to sort it out. Finding an edge, she threw the blanket around her friend's shoulders. She took Coqui's hands in hers and stood, then helped Coqui to her feet. Coqui swayed dramatically, but stayed upright. Her grip on Yegali was strong with the panic of her precarious balance. Yegali let her friend cling to her while she quickly tied the blanket so it would stay. Coqui was a different shape than Yegali was, so none of her clothes would fit. Yegali hadn't thought to bring any, and she didn't particularly want to waste the time it would take to find some from where they were stored.

Yegali ducked under Coqui's arm, finding that she fit there rather well. Coqui leaned heavily against her. Together, they left the tent. Instead of her own tent, Yegali led Coqui to a waiting kodo. The bulky animal was already tacked and loaded down with simple supplies. It was quite a feat to get Cogui up into the saddle, but at last they managed it. Her friend was so woozy, she wasn't even questioning the things that were happening.

Yegali climbed onto the kodo behind Coqui and adjusted one of the large packs behind her so that she could lean. She gently pulled Coqui back to lay against her, and then touched her hooves to the kodo's sides. It obeyed and began lumbering away, its gait swinging them somewhat gently from side to side.

Yegali hugged her friend tightly. Coqui answered with pressure on Yegali's arm in a sort of hug of her own. She sat stiffly, and Yegali felt her tense whenever the kodo lurched, then let out a breath she'd held.

As soon as she was able, Yegali reached back to locate the water skin which she'd purposely tied within reach. She unstoppered it and held the opening to Coqi's lips, helping her drink. Some spilled, but Coqui drank deeply. Yegali replaced the skin without drinking any herself.

It wasn't long before the drugs in the water took effect. Coqui relaxed, no longer bracing against pain. Then, she went limp against Yegali completely as the sleeping herbs kicked in.

“I will always be here for you, Coqui” she whispered in darkness. “You'll never be alone.”

Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is
Just waiting
To turn your tears to roses
[x2]

I will be the one that's gonna hold you
I will be the one that you run to
My love is
A burning, consuming fire

[Chorus]
No
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes, I'll light the night with stars
Hear the whispers in the dark
No
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes, you know I'm never far
Hear the whispers in the dark

You feel so lonely and ragged
You lay here broken and naked
My love is
Just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses

I will be the one that's gonna find you
I will be the one that's gonna guide you
My love is
A burning, consuming fire

[Chorus:Repeat x2]

Whispers in the dark
FroggyCows#1399
Tauren: Lomani, Kerala, Anura, Coqui, Chanchu, Pipapipa, Heget
Undead: Aziris

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:14 pm

21 Wake Me Up When September Ends Greenday
(actual song at 1:48)

“Surinam, keep up. I don't want you lagging behind in these parts.”

Pipapipa skipped forward, closing the distance between her and her teacher. She'd been looking at the landscape around them, not really burned, but darkened and ominous nonetheless.

“Fel corruption did this?” she asked. “It looks almost like there was a fire... but not.”

Her teacher met her eyes without flinching. “Well some of it was. Where there are demons, there's usually fel fire. It burns green, hotter than regular flame. But you're right, this is not char. The land here has been tainted. It will take a long time to heal.”

They continued down the winding path to a memorial marker for an orc that Pipa had never met, but had heard stories of. Grom Hellscream was quite an important person in orcish lore. In each hand she held a bottle of alcohol. Apparently he'd been fond of drinking.

They passed several other folks, mostly orcs. They each couldn't help glancing at her- her white coat contrasted so much with the dark and bleak surroundings. A glance, a quick rising of their eyes to meet hers. And then whatever words they'd been going to say, the smile that had been forming on their face- they died before they could exist when the person saw Pipa's scarlet eyes.

Even now, in a world full of demons from across the galaxy with great dragon Aspects and Old Gods trying to ruin the planet, something as mundane as an albino freaked people out. She was used to it. She flashed a smile at each person she passed, taking a strange pleasure in the further discomfort that resulted.

She was enjoying this trip far too much. It was September, and this was the harvest festival. She'd been working in fields helping to bring in crops for a couple weeks now, and she was extremely glad to have an excuse the skip all that for a side excursion to an orc's grave. Her little brother would have loved this!

The memorial was a large rock. It was centered in a large dark depression in the ground as if it had tumbled from the sky and impacted there. Pipa couldn't be sure it hadn't. A few mushrooms sprouted around the rock. Carved into the rough face was a large orcish symbol that she didn't know the meaning of. There were candles spread out like a tiny army around the rock's base, as well as many small bottles of spirits, and even a few carved totems and charms. A lot more things than she had expected to see for the first day of the festival.

Pipa stepped up to the rock and gently added their offering to the rest. She expected her teacher to say something, but he only stared at the rock for a moment. Maybe he was praying. Then, he just turned and started back down the path.

“That's it?” Pipa ran after her teacher.

“Yep,” he answered.

Pipa snorted, then shrugged and fell into step behind him. “I guess that means we'll be going back?”

“Not right away.” He turned so that he was walking sideways a few steps to glance back at her. “I know you'd like to avoid the farming. And I happen to enjoy a drink or too myself.” He grinned broadly, his eyes glinting with a mischievousness she rarely saw in an adult.

“Surinam, my dear, the festival lasts one week. I plan to drink as much as can, which means that it's likely I won't remember most of it. Don't get into trouble. Enjoy yourself. Cart me home!”

Pipa's face hurt from the giant grin plastered there.

“Oh and do me this favor, young one?”

“Anything!”

“Wake me up when September ends.”

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like my fathers come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost

Like my father's come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:15 pm

22 Always Panic At The Disco

It was always something.

Anura stared at her things, trying to judge which she would need, and which could stay behind. She was going to Orgrimmar!!

Finally packed, Anura left her home. Outside, the other dwarves scurried around in various stages of industry. A long train of rams waited to carry them into Ironforge, where they'd all ride the tram to Stormwind and board a boat to cross the sea. The arrogant new warchief was misbehaving, as she'd known he would. She wondered at the exact events leading the Horde to such disaster. The trolls were leading a rebellion against Garrosh. She was surprised they were even still members of the Horde, from what little news she'd been able to read.

Anura located her ram in the last half of the line, and affixed her things behind the saddle. It was no kodo, but she had to admit a fondness for the animal. It's dainty gait was much more suited to her aging bones than the nauseating swing of a kodo's lumbering step.

Being a dwarf wasn't so bad.

She no longer felt the victim in this world, a spider trapped in an inescapable web. She'd found work as a scribe, which suited her writing skills. She'd gotten a house away from the major dwarven city. For all it's splendor, Ironforge was still a city underground, and she was a being used to the open plains. It depressed her to remain there for very long.

A tap on her shoulder made Anura turn to look. Malachi stood there smiling. She nodded at him.

He pointed to her tack. Do you need help? he said. His beard was neatly arranged as always, his mustache pulled into tiny braids that left his lips actually visible.

Anura grinned at him and yanked on the strap she'd been working with. She patted it and then crossed her arms with a satisfied expression. She shook her head. All done.

She was so excited to go to Orgrimmar! She had not attempted to contact her people at all, heeding the warning she'd been given. She was certain the enchantress would not have been lying about the consequences of that, after all, she had not lied about anything else. She held no illusions that she'd receive any help from that quarter, but it would be good to see young Baine again.

Malachi touched her shoulder, a version of a farewell, and left to do whatever else it was that needed doing. Anura lifted her chubby little short leg to get a foot into a stirrup, and then she hauled her squat frame up into the saddle. She patted the furry neck of her ram, thanking it.

Too bad they were traveling to lay Siege to the Horde's capital. Oh well. That awful orc had to go.
She was going to Orgrimmar!

When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back, I'll be your levy
You are taking me apart
Like bad glue on a get well card

[chorus]
It was always you falling for me
Now there's always time calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know

I'm a fly that's trapped in a web
But I'm thinking that my spider's dead
Lonely, lonely little life
I could kid myself thinking that I'm fine

[chorus]

That I'm skin and bone
Just a king and a rusty throne
Oh, the castle's under siege
But the sign outside says "leave me alone"

[chorus]

(It was always you)
Blink back to let me know
(It was always you)

Not exactly sure why I didn't thumbs-down this song when it came up in Pandora. I like Panic At The Disco, but I was stumped trying to come up with something to write as this weird song invaded my brain on loop. Finally, I realized that it would have to be something about my shaman. She is deaf. It's the only thing that makes sense with this bizarre tune :)

Malachi: from hebrew name meaning “my messenger”
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:19 pm

23 Don't Trust Me 3Oh!3

Kerala flipped through the book, mildly surprised at some of the illustrations. Mynie was the author, and for some reason the little goblin's repeated flirtations amused her. Perhaps it was because Mynie flirted equally with everyone. Kerala would have felt awkward if Mynie was serious about any of the silly things she said.

The illustration were quite good. Kerala saw some that made her pause to stare. She wasn't aware that bodies could quite bend that way. She wasn't exactly interested in practicing her reading just now, so she eventually closed the book.

She placed it back on the ledge with the other two, deciding that maybe she should get some sleep. Her other projects crowded on the ledge, competing for space with the books. A pair of bracelets set with green gems. A circlet that was already tarnishing from her poor technique in crafting it. She needed practice. Maybe a book about jewelcrafting? The sparkle of a dark gem caught her eye, reflecting a rainbow from the glowing crystals all around. The large diamond had seemed perfect for a ring, and so she'd made one for it. Spiral wire held the gem in a simple setting against a wrapped band. This ring had no embellishments- the gem was gorgeous, and anything but stark simplicity would steal the attention. Kerala had considered wearing the ring, she liked it that much, but the feel of it on her finger was annoying.

She'd take it and the other things to the vault tomorrow, perhaps. She felt like shopping for the fruits and vegetables that could not be found in Un'goro. Apples. She would have to get some apples for sure.

Kerala yawned, lying back in the softness of the vines and ferns that piled up to form her sleeping space. The smell of them made her smile, as it always did, and she closed her eyes contentedly.

Black dress with the tights underneath,
I got the breath of the last cigarette on my teeth,
And she's an actress (actress),
But she ain't got no need.
Shes got money from her parents in a trust fund back east.
Tongues always pressed to your cheeks,
While my tongue is on the inside of some other girls teeth,
Tell your boyfriend if he says hes got beef,
That I'm a vegetarian and I ain't fucking scared of him.

[Chorus: x2]
She wants to touch me (Whoa-oh),
She wants to love me (Whoa-oh),
She'll never leave me (Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, oh, oh),
Don't trust a hoe,
Never trust a hoe,
Won't trust a hoe,
Don't trust me.

X's on the back of your hands,
Wash them in the bathroom to drink like the bands.
And the setlist (setlist),
You stole off the stage,
Had red and purple lipstick all over the page.
Bruises cover your arms,
Shaking in the fingers with the bottle in your palm.
And the best is (best is),
No one knows who you are,
Just another girl alone at the bar.

[Chorus]

Shush girl, shut your lips,
Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.
I said, Shush girl, shut your lips,
I said, Shush girl, shut your lips,

Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh...

[Chorus]
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:21 pm

24 Just One Yesterday Fallout Boy

The Forsaken stared out at a multitude of the insect-like creatures flying all around the Dread Wastes. Ancient creatures, the Klaxxi could be considered eternal beings, he supposed. He'd received reports that certain insects, Paragons, were encased in amber to preserve them. The concept intrigued him.

He stood atop the wall, casually catching normal bugs that buzzed too close. Each time he did, he plucked off their wings and then dropped the insect over the edge of the wall, watching it fall until the spec of it was lost. Tiny wings littered the ledge in front of him.

His work was important, but lately he'd lost the will to do it. Once more devoted to the Forsaken than anyone, he'd been shaken to the core by the events of the the Wrathgate. Ever secretive and vague, the true intentions of most of the Apothecarium was stunning, and not at all in line with his personal goals. He was having trouble remembering just what exactly he was here for.

He caught another insect, yanked the wings, and dropped it. A slight gust of wind sent his collected bug wings aloft. The tiny things fluttered almost like glitter, cascading over the wall. The effect was much more spectacular than single bug bodies falling ever could be. He watched the shining specs drifting in the air, his glowing gaze intense.

The Wrath Gate was a place mothers, fathers, even young children used now as a curse. The grief caused by that single event was on a scale that not even Deathwing's destruction of much of the world had topped. If the dragons had not intervened, would Putress now reign? Would he have succeeded in purging the living and the scourge?

The Forsaken man had an endless existence to look forward to, and yet he found himself increasingly thinking of days long past. He would trade all those tomorrows for just one of those days when he'd been alive. When he had a wife to hug, a son. Honest work.

The Forsaken neglected to catch the insect that flew into him. It rebounded off his cheek, then his shoulder before it bounced free and continued on its way, oblivious.

The undead palmed a bulbous glass bottle. He thumbed the cork. With his gaze cast out at the specs of Klaxxi flying about in the distance, he extended his arm and dropped the bottle. The mixture inside was highly volatile. He heard the crash of glass below, and had time to blink once before flames burst to life beneath him.

The Forsaken stepped up onto the edge of the wall where before he'd leaned. The Pandaren in the gatehouse started toward him. He didn't know what they intended. Tell him not to jump? Surely they knew that was a pointless gesture. The fall would not kill him.

He turned his back to the open air, gave the Pandaren a slight wave of his hand, and then he tilted over his heels. His gaze was to the sky as he plummeted. The glittering specs of tiny wings appeared above him, swirling from where his fall disturbed the air where they were drifting so slowly.

No, the fall would not kill him.
But the fire would.

I thought of angels
Choking on their halos
Get them drunk on rose water
See how dirty I can get them
Pulling out their fragile teeth
And clip their tiny wings

[chorus]
Anything you say can and will be held against you
So only say my name
It will be held against you
Anything you say can and will be held against you
So only say my name
If heaven’s grief brings hell’s reign
Then I’d trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday
(I know I’m bad news)
For just one yesterday
(I saved it all for you)
I want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way
Still I’d trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday
(I know I’m bad news)
For just one yesterday
(I saved it all for you)
For just one yesterday

Letting people down is my thing baby
Find yourself a new gig
This town ain’t big enough for two of us
I don’t have the right name
Or the right looks
But I have twice the heart

[chorus]

If I spilled my guts
The world would never look at you the same way
And I’m here to give you all of my love
So I can watch your face as I take it all away

[chorus]
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:22 pm

25 Higher Creed

Kerala woke, the bright light of a dawning sun shining in her eyes. She blinked and sat up immediately, looking around. A soft mist hung between the leafy trees and plants of the Cenarion wildlands. The world was still, quiet. The mist glowed golden, a dreamlike quality that was so much more satisfying for the sureness that she was awake. She stood, brushing the dirt from her back. Her shift was damp, but the chill was refreshing.

The hippogryphs were still sleeping, standing scattered throughout the grasses wherever they'd felt like roosting. Heads were nestled down low to their breasts, or tucked behind wings.

Silverwing was already awake, and he fluttered his wings when he caught sight of her. The sound seemed so loud in the stillness. His feathers gleamed in the golden light. She slid onto his back easily, careful not to pull any of his feathers. She knew just the right spot to scratch, though, and she did so. Silverwing made a sort of squeak through his nostrils, a sound that she interpreted as a sigh of pleasure.

“Ready to fly?” she whispered to him. He clacked his beak as if to answer her.

She squeezed briefly to let him know she was ready, but otherwise Kerala did not attempt to control him. He broke into a trot, then a quick gallop with his wings spread before he leaped into the air, flapping hard to lift them both into the sky. Each stroke lifted them a little further from the ground, the plants and trees shrinking beneath them.

Silverwing turned into a glide, his muscles resting as he caught a faint updraft from the warming earth. Kerala exulted in the feeling of being so high. She could see everything, and it all looked so insignificant. Up here, her mind was clear, her thoughts uncomplicated.

She was alive!

“Can you take me higher?” She squeezed her legs briefly again, not really knowing the commands she was supposed to use. She hoped it was a polite request for altitude that she conveyed. Silverwing didn't seem to be offended,and he obligingly took them further up. She let him fly as he would, gliding down, swooping. Banking gently, sometimes zooming in a tight spiral. Climbing back up to play with the wind again.

On the ground, she was weak. Wasted and ill, if recovering. Confused. Up here, she was strong again. She could think clearly and have time to contemplate the things happening to her. Make decisions, decide what she wanted.

She stayed aloft as long as Silverwing could bear her, and returned as often as he was willing to take her.

When dreaming I'm guided to another world
Time and time again
At sunrise I fight to stay asleep
'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place
'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape
From the life I live when I'm awake
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

[chorus]
Can you take me higher?
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To the place with golden streets

Although I would like our world to change
It helps me to appreciate
Those nights and those dreams
But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
The only difference is
To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

[chorus]

So let's go there
So let's go there
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time
Set up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams
And make them mine
Set up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams
And make them mine

[chorus][x2]
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:23 pm

26 Californication Red Hot Chili Peppers

Cali booked the appointment without hesitation. Normally, she was supposed to ask the doctors before she scheduled them, but this was a special case.

Technically, the resort did not own her and the team of cosmetic surgeons. Technically. That did not mean the Director would not boot them out on their behinds for doing any number of disagreeable things like failing to pay rent, badgering the guests, mucking up a surgery. Exploding things. Bumping one guest from the appointment book shouldn't be too bad.

Cali penciled in the name: A z i r i s. The woman was a Forsaken, which was actually fantastic. Forsaken didn't feel pain and thus had no need for sedating or numbing medicines. They had no need for bodily fluids to be monitored. And their idea of cosmetic surgery was a FAR far lower standard than, say, a blood elf aristocrat.

Which was not to say her team of doctors were bad. Quite the contrary. With the exception of the crew at Gallywix's own Palace, she was certain she worked with the very best cosmeticians in the business.

Cali was actually excited to tell the team. This particular Forsaken had asked about a standing account with the Horns of Shu'halo, a group of tauren from the starting days of the business. Cali had talked once with one of them, she recalled. Quite the savvy business-woman then, that Forsaken client. Had been selling prepackaged kits with all the materials needed to teach someone to be a great chef from nothing. Cali wondered if Gordon Tramsay had learned to cook from one of those.

The Horns, her inquiries told her, were currently led by Kerala Windchaser, a tauren lady of no small means. Her contacts assured her that the guild was good for whatever costs would be incurred. That druid was LOADED.

Cali snapped her book closed and headed down to the beach. This called for some celebratory tanning and maybe a lovely drink before she went to tell the team. She could already see the sack full of gems and gold that would be arriving on her doorstep later that week.

Psychic spies from China
Try to steal your mind's elation
Little girls from Sweden
Dream of silver screen quotations
And if you want these kind of dreams
Its Californication

It's the edge of the world
And all of western civilization
The sun may rise in the east
At least it settled in a final location
It's understood that Hollywood
Sells Californication

Pay your surgeon very well
To break the spell of aging
Celebrity skin is this your chin
Or is that war your waging

First born unicorn
Hard core soft porn
Dream of Californication
Dream of Cailfornication

Marry me, girl, be my fairy to the world
Be my very own constellation
A teenage bride with a baby inside
Getting high on information
And buy me a star on the boulevard
It's Californication

Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a Hollywood basement
Cobain can you hear the spheres
Singing songs off station to station
And Alderaan's not far away
It's Californication

Born and raised by those who praise
Control of population everybody's been there and
I don't mean on vacation

First born unicorn
Hard core soft porn
Dream of Californication
Dream of Cailfornication

Destruction leads to a very rough road
But it also breeds creation
And earthquakes are to a girl's guitar
They're just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication

Pay your surgeon very well
To break the spell of aging
Sicker than the rest
There is no test
But this is what you're craving

First born unicorn
Hard core soft porn
Dream of Californication
Dream of Cailfornication
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:24 pm

27 Bleed It Out Linkin Park

Aziris laid at the bottom of the grave, staring up at a patch of blue sky. A picture of clouds framed in dark dirt.

“Soooo-Azzziiii”

Aziris shut her eyes against the sound. Which was futile really, since her eyes were not what perceived sound. But lifting her arms to cover her ears would break the illusion of a corpse, which was what she wished to be.

“Soo-Azziii?” The voice was very close now. Soo-say must be right above her. Aziris opened one eye to peek. Soo-say saw. “Soo-Azi! Why good undead play dead-dead? Up get!” The High-Oracle stared at her curiously. His large eyes were wide, and his little pierced mustache-tendrils hung down, swinging comically. Soo-say waited for her response, his large mouth parted in the perpetual panting breath of the Gorloc race. His turquoise tongue fluttered behind long needle teeth.

Gorloc hatchlings appeared at the edge of the grave, their sharp little front paws knocking dirt down onto Aziris. Intensely curious, the twitchy Gorlocs were Aziris' friends, but they were not enough to make Azi forget Agiga. The loss of her best friend some months ago still ached. She should not have let Agiga stay in that village...

It wasn't long before one of the hatchlings at the edge of the hole twitched too much and couldn't retreat from the loose soil fast enough. It's scrambling caused it to drag the neighboring hatchling down with it. They landed with soft thuds amidst a soft shower of dirt. Not yet able to talk, they immediately hopped back onto their feet, unharmed. They hopped up onto her chest, their tiny little claws clenched and digging deep to poke her skin even through her clothes. Tiny little muzzles thrust themselves right into her face.

Aziris couldn't help laughing, and the motion of her chest jostled the hatchlings, who squeaked in alarm and scrabbled for purchase. She very slowly sat up, letting the hatchlings run down the ramp of her torso.

“Soo-say, I'm sad. Agiga is gone, and I miss her. I don't want to be here anymore.” The little hatchlings regarded her sadly, their spiky ears drooping.

“Puppyskin Gone?” The Gorlocs had only a limited comprehension of death, but they did know what it meant. Agiga was furred like the Frenzyheart “puppy-men”, and so the Gorlocs called her that. Azi had been called Dryskin. Azi thought it was a curious distinction, since the skin of a Gorloc wasn't really as wet and slimy as it looked. Azi nodded at Soo-say.

“Up get.” Soo-say exclaimed. “We give shinies, make Soo-Azi feel better. Up get! Come!”

Aziris stood up, her head still a couple of feet from the top of the hole, which was six feet deep as was proper. She bent to retrieve the little hatchlings, who were hopping excitedly around her feet. One at a time, she tossed them up and out of the hole. One end of the hole was steeply sloped, and she crawled out slowly, careful not to loosen too much of the soil on the way out.

Soo-say led her and an entire party of curious hatchlings as well as some of the Rainspeaker elders back into the village. They led her all the way to the hollowed-out tree the Azi stayed in. She was small enough to be able to live in one of their little stick huts, but the Oracles would not agree to that.

“See shinies,” soo-say said. He indicated the piles of glowing minerals. They were beautiful, as always. “Feel better?” Indeed, the glowing crystals collected and piled so diligently DID make her feel slightly better. She smiled at Gorloc simplicity.

“Yes, Soo-say. But I can't stay in here forever.”

Soo'say cocked his head to one side in the drastic way a Gorloc had. The movement was endearing, the wide head pivoting and the entire body going lopsided with one shoulder lowered and one raised to accommodate the angle. “So take shinies with. Soo-Azi go help dryskins. Come back share stories.”

“I can't help the Horde.” She sighed. “I can't help anybody.”

“Why can't?”

Aziris held up her arm, one place that was currently splinted. She knew enough to heal it with Light, but that was a painful process and she didn't feel much like doing it anymore. Nevermind that she seemed to be so skilled at it. “I'm fragile. I break too easy. I'm little.”

Soo-say looked at her, his mind taking time to process that idea. “Inside sticks bad?” he asked. When Azi nodded, Soo-say grinned. “Fix! Make new, take out bad sticks, put in new sticks. Undead do that, yes?”

Aziris nodded reluctantly. She'd heard of many Forsaken upgrading themselves with better body parts. She'd seen jaws replaced, new skin grafted on. But an entire skeleton? She had never met an apothecary she even liked, much less could trust with such a delicate endeavor. How would that even work, anyway? She'd have to be taken apart completely, dissected like those poor animals that Keever was always torturing in the depths of Undercity.

“But I don't know anyone that could do that. I can't operate on myself. My whole skeleton needs to be taken out- it's all bad. If I don't drink the potions or keep up a shield, it's very bad.”

Soo-say nodded knowledgably. His big grin remained in place. “Yes, hard to find smart enough to do it. You look, though. Will find. Okay? Go now. Come back share stories. And show us how strong. Maybe bring back shinies for Great Rain Stone?”

The idea was not a bad one, Aziris supposed. They'd thought of it before, but the shear effort involved was off-putting. Agiga had been selling the cooking kits as fast as Azi could fish up the materials to fill them, but a specialized surgeon like that was downright expensive. They had decided to go with potions. Now that Agiga was gone, Azi would have to go out and buy some. She was running out even staying here relaxing with the Oracles. A surgery would be a permanent solution, one that could never even have been attempted if she were still a living girl.

“...Alright. You're right. Forsaken don't just die anyway, I was just pouting like a child. That doesn't solve anything. I'll go find out how to fix my sticks!”

Soo-say hopped, happy that they'd solved her dilemma. The Oracles loved proving that they were smart. His slitted eyes narrowed as another thought occurred to him. “Soo-Azi?”

“Yes Soo-say?”

Very seriously, he said “Make dryskins do it pretty. Swirlies and stuff? Not hack-slash like dead scourge. Pretty for pretty Soo-Azi. Make happy too.”

Yes, Aziris thought. The Oracles were vastly smarter than anyone gave them credit for.

She loved them.

Yeah, here we go for the hundredth time
Hand grenade pins in every line
Throw 'em up and let something shine
Going out of my fucking mind

Filthy mouth, no excuse
Find a new place to hang this noose
String me up from atop these roofs
Knot it tight so I won't get loose

Truth is you can stop and stare
Bled myself out and no one cares
Dug a trench out, laid down there
With a shovel up out of reach somewhere

Yeah, someone pour it in
Make it a dirt dance floor again
Say your prayers and stomp it out
When they bring that chorus in

[Chorus]
I bleed it out
Digging deeper just to throw it away
I bleed it out
I bleed it out
Just to throw it away
Just to throw it away

I bleed it out
Go, stop the show
Choppy words in a sloppy flow
Shotgun opera, lock and load

Cock it back and then watch it go
Mama, help me, I've been cursed
Death is rolling in every verse
Candy paint on his brand new hearse

Can't contain him;
He knows he works
Fuck this hurts, I won't lie
Doesn't matter how hard I try
Half the words don't mean a thing

And I know that I won't be satisfied
So, why try ignoring him?
Make it a dirty dance floor again
Say your prayers and stomp it out
When they bring that chorus in

[Chorus]

I bleed it out
I've opened up these scars
I'll make you face this
I've pulled myself apart
I'll make you face this now

[Chorus: x2]

I bleed it out
I bleed it out
I bleed it out

Originally this story was going to be about Azi, and the song seemed to me like a perfect set-up for the surgery she needed to replace fragile bones from her childhood disease. Then I decided that I didn't want to write about a surgeon digging deeper just to throw bones away. So here is a glimpse of Azi and her beloved Gorloc Rainspeaker Oracles.
FroggyCows#1399

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » March 25th, 2014, 11:25 pm

28 Feel Good Drag Anberlin

She danced at the hearthside, keenly aware that several pairs of eyes were centered on her backside. The hired minstrel was following instructions perfectly, playing tunes that were just the right speed for her to sway her hips to maximum effectiveness.

She played up the male clientele, feigning a careless enjoyment of the 15 minute break she was alotted. Her bodice was laced tighter than usual to help flatten her tummy, the laces at the top of her shirt had “accidentally” become untied enough to show more skin than should be seen normally. Her movements now hinted at shapely curves hidden beneath her skirts.

Oh, Goldshire.

She glanced back at the room, counting stares.
It was going to be a great night for tips.

"I'm here for you" she said
And we can stay for awhile
My boyfriend's gone
We can just pretend
Lips that need no introduction
Now who's the greater sin
Your drab eyes seem to invite
(Tell me darling) where do we begin

Was this over before (before it ever began)
Your kiss
Your calls
Your crutch
Like the devil's got your hand
This was over before (Before it ever began)
Your lips
Your lies
Your lust
Like the devil's in your hands

Everyone in this town
Is seeing somebody else
Everybody's tired of someone
Our eyes wander for help
Prayers that need no answer now
'Cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake
I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin

Your kiss
Your calls
Your crutch
Your lips
Your lies
Your lust

Failure is your disease
You want my outline drawn
You brought my greatest failure
Discourse your saving song

Your kiss
Your calls
Your crutch
Your lips
Your lies
Your lust
FroggyCows#1399

Login  •  Register