Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post Sanctum contests and challenges, as well as entries to those events. Please keep all submissions to a single thread per person per event.
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Alas, Gilneas! Season Two: Seeking New Players

Postby Thomas Jarington » October 27th, 2014, 10:44 am

Hello from your furry friends from Gilneas!

We are seeking at least TWO (2) new players who would be interested in a weekly, fully immersive, rp adventure with three interesting Worgen. We will meet either Monday night or Wednesday night (possibly Tuesday, where it has lived for a year) at 10pm-12am Ravenholdt server time. Wednesday is 1st choice, Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd.

About a year ago, we began a project I called a PACER: a paced, leveling adventure where the characters play out the quests in the game, fully immersed in the storyline (COMPLETELY IC). Starting last October as level 1, we began as Gilneans, role played the starter zone, escaped Gilneas and began making our way in the world as Worgen. We have reached level 29.

The numbers were good, and at our high point, we had around 9 players. We settled in at 5 core players who lasted close to 6 months, then 4 and now we are at 3 - all original from the beginning, all stalwarts of the Ravenholdt RP community.

What has helped make this so incredible, is that we have met every week for two hours AND ARE STILL GOING. One year of fully immersive. dedicated role play by a group.

NEW PLAYERS NEEDED!

Now, after one year, we are putting out the call for new players, and the new and improved version does not require you to be a Worgen!

That's right, NOT WORGEN!

You must:

1) Be willing to dedicate to maintaining the paced level (NO BoA's, etc) LEVEL is 29
2) be willing to remain IC (for the most part - we do get silly, trust me) during the event
3) Be willing to integrate into the group - no antagonists. The world is bad enough
4) Be willing to have fun

What you will receive:

1) Guaranteed RP - no sitting in bars, waiting to be picked up by a roving band of adventurers. You have an RP date.
2) 3 furry, friendly & fabulous worgen to keep you warm & safe at night. (in other words, well developed characters)
3) Character development. If you want to see your character evolve, grow and solidify into something real, this is the place for you.
4) a welcoming, open environment that encourages the inexperienced role player

THE STORYLINE SO FAR

There's a Druid, a Priest and a Warlock sitting in a bar...

After wandering around Azeroth for slightly under a year, the Worgen have found themselves at a crossroads: live the life of an average citizen, or respond to a 'request' from the Kal'dorei to make a trip to Desolace. Knowing they owe the Elves for rescuing from Gilneas, they feel a sense of obligation to answer the call. They also know that the Elves will never stop asking for help, and will always treat the three as errand runners.

In the end, they choose to go...

Will they survive the trek across Horde-infested lands? Will they come face to face with their arch enemies, the Forsaken? Will they meet new friends along the way? These questions and more will be answered in the new season of, Alas, Gilneas!

==============================

If you wish to join us, please send me a whisper in the Sanctum, respond to this post, or let me know in game. My Battletag is jarington#1261 if you cannot find me. Cheers!
Last edited by Thomas Jarington on October 27th, 2014, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Re: Alas, Gilneas! Season Two: Seeking New Players

Postby Lukar » October 27th, 2014, 1:55 pm

I might be interested in this. Depends on what day is ultimately decided on. I've got a dwarf hunter I've been leveling on and off and this would be really fun way to expand her character. I'll try to get with you some time in-game.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » October 27th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Cool, Lukar. All three days mentioned work for the current cast, so whichever day works best for you is what's most important. :D
Thomas Jarington & Co.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » October 27th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Unfortunately, you guys meet on Tuesdays, which have been and are likely to be raid nights for me, ongoing.

Edit: though on closer inspection, it looks as though you are changing up your schedule. Unless something changes, Wednesdays are likely to be my only available day.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » October 27th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Wednesday would be fantastic. We're meeting on Wednesday to begin our journey, so if you want to join in, we'd love to have a Legion.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Postby Lukar » October 27th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Wednesdays also work well for me. I'll have to pick a character and start pushing it up to the appropriate level.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » October 27th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Thomas Jarington wrote:Wednesday would be fantastic. We're meeting on Wednesday to begin our journey, so if you want to join in, we'd love to have a Legion.

Cool! well, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a character ready by Wednesday or not, but at the very least will plan on next week!

Login  •  Register