Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about anything not already covered by another forum.
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Mannslieb and Morrslieb set forever?

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » January 15th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Games Workshop Warhammer Fantasy (NOT Warhammer 40K - so far anyway) may be about to utterly discard their lore going back more than three decades. All those lawsuits, all those threats, all that ruthless suppression of competitors and fanfic, just to end by saying "never mind".

As many have observed, all that leaves them with is some startup replacement, no social media, no advertising skills, crimped retail supplies, an alienated base with obsolete armies and a miniatures line that is about 200 - 500% overpriced when compared with equal quality competitors. It is possible to buy single pack metal roleplaying figures for at the same price as Games Workshop's rank and file plastics. I predict a short, feeble death with a whimper, not with a bang to GW's coming WHFB 9th edition. I'm looking at Kings of War to fill the niche.

So long Felix, so long Gotrek. No Slayer lasts forever.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/01/ ... lodes.html

Tirien
Tirien
Tirien

Re: Mannslieb and Morrslieb set forever?

Postby Tirien » January 15th, 2015, 4:44 pm

Yikes. I knew GW had a bad rep for hoarding all their candy, but dang. My friend circle made the switch to War Machine and dragged me into it as well, though I'm not serious about it and haven't played in about a year.

My roommate still has all of her Chaos Space Marines and still loves making custom models from the bits. ALL THE BITS.
polartech.deviantart.com

Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Re: Mannslieb and Morrslieb set forever?

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » August 4th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Grim darkness fallen
Fanboy ashes drift away
Investors will choke

Login  •  Register