Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about anything not already covered by another forum.
LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Re: Choosing Your RP Character

Postby LEGION » August 5th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Nolan wrote:I've actually decided to go with Tauren so I guess it's "E-Z Mode for going steak" :)

Then I shall look forward to meating you out in the field... ;)

Ring of Law
Ring of Law
Ring of Law

Postby Ring of Law » August 29th, 2014, 11:50 am

From Wizard's First Rule, by Terry Goodkind:

Zedd stared off into the night for a long time. "It's difficult to explain. You see, Richard has a feel for things." He made an odd frown. "Have you ever shot a bow?"

Kahlan smiled. She drew her knees up, folded her fingers together over them, and rested her chin on her fingers. "Girls are not supposed to do such things. So I took it up as a diversion when I was young. Before I started taking confessions."

Zedd gave a little laugh. "Have you ever been able to feel the target? Have you ever been able to ignore all the noise in your head and hear the silence, and know where the arrow is going to go?"

She nodded with her chin still resting on her fingers. "Only a couple of times. But I know what you are talking about."

"Well, Richard can feel the target like that almost at will. Sometimes I think he could even hit it if he closed his eyes. When I have asked him how he does it, he shrugs and can't explain. He simply says he can feel where the arrow is to go. He can do it all day long. But if I start telling him things, like how fast the wind is, how many feet away the target is, or that the bow was outside the night before and it was a humid night, affecting the draw, well, then he can't even hit the ground. The thinking interferes with the feeling."

Roleplay is like that too.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » August 30th, 2014, 8:16 pm

I love Terry Goodkinds work, especially the Sword of Truth series.

The last paragraph you quoted above is an excellent example of being "in the zone", whether it's in life, sports or RP. Since this thread is about choosing an RP character, and RP itself, I agree wholeheartedly with Ring of Law:

"...The thinking interferes with the feeling."

Choose a class you like and let the character you create tell you how they want to live. Thinking too much about it blocks your character's thoughts, thus making it about YOU instead of them.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Login  •  Register