Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about the other aspects of World of Warcraft. Everything not RP can be discussed here, from pet battles to Warlords of Draenor.
Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

Fury Warrior Pains

Postby Nolan » July 26th, 2014, 5:17 pm

I have to share my opinion here because it's been bothering me since it's dastardly inception.

Titan's Grip and Single-minded Fury...

Now, I realize that Titan's Grip may have earned a warm spot in many Fury Warrior's hearts, but for those like myself who rather stick to a more realistic style of Fury, using dual 1-handers, this presents a problem. From a relatively early level we get this...

You are a master of dual-wield combat, able to equip one-handed and two-handed weapons in both hands.

You deal 20% additional damage when wielding only one-handed weapons.

Your off-hand weapon damage is increased by 25% with two-handed weapons and by 50% with one-handed weapons.

... which gives even early levels a chance to pick the WRONG thing... (1h weapons). Then, clearly from DPS parses throughout Cata and MoP, Fury 1h was meant to be mostly a compensatory talent for bad gear rather than a viable DPS choice. With blues and low ilevel purples, SMF was a better option until you could get 2 decent 2-handed weapons because you weren't doing very good dps anyway. Using dual 2-handers usually made a noticeable, if not amazing leap in dps on boss charts which I still think wasn't very fair.

Now it seems with hit rating gone, Fury 1h might make a slight comeback, but this probably won't be so because they AREN'T changing the damage bonus of SMF.

When you dual-wield one-handed weapons, all damage is increased by 20%, and your off-hand weapon will deal an additional 20% damage.

Increases the damage of Execute by 15%.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know math. I was always rather terrible at it, but let's just say for argument's sake that your average level 90 epic 2-hander. Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful for instance. Say we have 2 of these at a combined baseline weapon damage at 291.15 DPS. Then you look at 2 1-handers such as Malkorok's Skullcleaver. That would be a baseline of 226.35 + 40% (SMF + CB) = roughly 316.89. Sounds like it's MORE with 1-handers right? But let's take into consideration that this is just weapon damage. What I can't understand is why 1-handers aren't doing the damage they sound like they should be. Does that combined percentage need to be increased or is my math wrong?

I'm not sure, but I certainly would either like to see Titan's Fury be put to pasture... Having to roll with 2-handers is just... silly.
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

Re: Fury Warrior Pains

Postby Nolan » August 8th, 2014, 10:50 pm

Are there any theorycrafting warriors out there? :D Calling all theorycrafters!
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Postby Lukar » August 9th, 2014, 6:20 am

The two are relatively equal, to within a certain percentage that it's simply better to play what you have the weapons for. At current, TG is faring a bit better simply because the two-handers in Siege of Orgrimmar have better stat allocations for Fury (especially with warforged Xal'atoh, which is perfectly optimized). Last tier SMF was better. It's just how it falls out for this tier.

So, play what you want. There's not any real wrong choice.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

Myaka
Myaka
Myaka

Postby Myaka » August 9th, 2014, 11:24 am

I echo what Lukar says. Unless you are in world first level raiding the differences between the two styles aren't so bad that you have to pick one over another. I'll admit that I prefer titans grip on Mya just because I think the transmog options I have for two handed swords are better.

But yes, play what you want and don't worry so much about the numbers.
Battletag: Myaka#1873 feel free to add me! If your tag is different then your character name say you are from the sanctum.
Alliance: Myaka(Main), Mervic, Surina, Dundhane(Emerys Dundhane)
Horde: Fleetmane, Kirand.

Login  •  Register