Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about lore topics and questions. Well-written guides to Azeroth races will be stickied as reference material.
Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

Player Pandaren Lore Discussion

Postby Nolan » July 24th, 2014, 11:12 am

Hello folks! I was hoping that there are those out there who would be willing to dive into the lore behind the Neutral-turned-Loyal Pandaren! It's the first time in World of Warcraft history that we've started with a completely neutral faction and had the opportunity to make our choice of faction based partly on our character's personality.

What I'm interested in most however is what makes these Pandaren tick. For decades, perhaps centuries they have been separate from their ancestors of Pandaria, so how has this changed their mentality and way of life from those of the motherland on the southern continent? What makes their desire to explore and to experience the world while those Pandaren of the motherland find contentment in their way of life? Is it because the player Pandaren have been wandering the oceans on the back of a colossal turtle and the stories of the traveling brewmasters venturing across Azeroth?

Also, somewhere along the way the player Pandaren have picked up a class which I don't understand for them. That class is the Priest. Now I know that each of the Pandaren classes can be explained quite easily, but according to the lore of World of Warcraft, the Light is the source of a Priest's power and that it takes great faith and understanding in the Light to wield it. Did the player Pandaren learn how to use the Light from another race of Azeroth long ago? The Dwarves or the Humans of old perhaps? Some information here would be appreciated!
Last edited by Nolan on July 24th, 2014, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Re: Player Pandaren Lore Discussion

Postby Thomas Jarington » July 24th, 2014, 11:42 am

Awesome. Before the great Sanctum crash of 2013, I do believe there was a topic rolling around about Pandarians. Not certain, but perhaps.

For ME, what I have learned about the pandarens has come from doing the quests and going through the starter areas. Also, if I am not mistaken, Chen Stormstout has been to Azeroth in the past, so perhaps the Light appearing in Pandarian society came from his (and companions) visits?

I have not come across an "evil" Panda during quests. In other words, a Pandaren doing bad things. On their continent, it is the the Mogu and other creatures (sha corrupted). Outside of the brewery, of course, which was due to Sha infestation.

Which I find interesting.

Anyway, great idea and Hope it goes somewhere
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Login  •  Register