Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Re: Feedback and Comments for our Writers

by Thomas Jarington » August 8th, 2014, 6:17 pm

you could certainly comment on the actual thread though

True, though that would defeat the purpose of this awesome feedback thread, and we don't want to do that, now do we?

Oh, if you are serious about your writing, please take Legion up on the offer, as the feedback is insightful, well thought out and precise; not to mention extremely helpful.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Nolan
Nolan
Nolan

by Nolan » August 8th, 2014, 7:04 pm

Thomas Jarington wrote:True, though that would defeat the purpose of this awesome feedback thread, and we don't want to do that, now do we?

Oh, if you are serious about your writing, please take Legion up on the offer, as the feedback is insightful, well thought out and precise; not to mention extremely helpful.

I suppose. I thought this was more of an announcement thread but I see it IS for constructive feedback for everyone's stories. :)

I did in fact take Legion up on his offer, I'm waiting for his words on the story.
Noldain: Human Death Knight
Baltus Ravenholm: Worgen Priest
Nylaenan Oakwhisper: Night Elf Druid
Nipwick Mechaneedle: Gnome Rogue
Njolin Stonefeather: Dwarf Shaman

Grathier
Grathier
Grathier

by Grathier » August 16th, 2014, 6:50 am

Not a review for a story *braces self for stoning*, but if anyone wants to 'meet' Barnaby in the past, hit me up and we can work something out. I'll be writing about his time in the army and his professional travels through Northrend, Eastern Kingdoms, Pandaria and every posting in between.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

by LEGION » August 16th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Grathier wrote:*braces self for stoning*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwFXGPRDu4

Edit: Oh, and Barnaby's how old now? Would probably help to have a bit of a timeline so that people might know if running into him in the past would make sense in their own character storylines. (unless they create something new)

Grathier
Grathier
Grathier

by Grathier » August 16th, 2014, 9:53 pm

LEGION wrote:Edit: Oh, and Barnaby's how old now? Would probably help to have a bit of a timeline so that people might know if running into him in the past would make sense in their own character storylines. (unless they create something new)

Ah. The short version then - I'll list his deployments which will all be future titles. I'm aware this ought to be a post of its own but meh.
Joined up at 17 - Day 1 of Wrath.

Dragonblight (3.0) with the 9th Brigade up until Wrathgate. Unit took over 50% losses during the gassing.
Wintergrasp for six months w/ the reinforced 9th. Unit took over 60% losses in that timeframe.
The Skybreaker (3.2, early 3.3) for six months as a marine attachment - culminates w/ The Frozen Halls (mostly as part of a mop-up/rescue crew behind Jaina in PoS) and was on the ship during her rescue. Was on the Lootship as a uniformed rifleman.
Isle of Conquest for six months. Gunship experience taken to the ship on IoC. Made some friends in the 7th Legion here.
Recovery. Returned to 9th Brigade after a month in a hospital ward, then three months in Stormwind. (did jungle warfare training at this time) Unit was training for an Alterac Valley deployment when Cataclysm struck.

Gilneas (4.0). Pulled off deployment roster and served in Gilneas with his jungle/survival training for six months with 7th Leigon. Was on the submarine that was bombed, and drowned/revived escaping.
Twilight Highlands (4.2). Returned to the 9th who were now 40% new recruits after losses in AV, mostly fought Twilight Hammer holdouts.
Rest and Recreation. Six months in Stormwind again. More training. Pushed for another gunship post but was denied.
The Royal Oath. Served on a ship for six months as a marine (rest of the 9th was sent to Arathi Basin, and he pushed to join them but failed). Part of Varian's strike fleet post-Theramore and his ship was damaged against the kraken.

The Skyfire (5.0). Secured a place on the new Skyfire and helped take Garrosh'ar as a marine. Returned with the ship to rally the fleet.
Krasarang Wilds (5.1). Five months as a sharpshooter with the 9th, deployed all over the zone. Medically discharged after a serious injury.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

by LEGION » August 17th, 2014, 11:12 am

@ Mustering: what happened to the wifebeaters and thongs?!? ;(

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

by LEGION » August 28th, 2014, 9:56 am

@ Bulletin Board re: Twin Seas: as Diggsby (aka Leslie Dixon) would say, "I F***ING HATE GOBLINS!"

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

by LEGION » September 2nd, 2014, 5:01 pm

@ Bradford's Belt re: Geoff Kingsley PI -- just be careful whom you take on as a client. ;)

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

by LEGION » September 6th, 2014, 8:41 pm

@ serial writers (e.g., Mustering/Dragonblight: Trial by Plague; Geoff Kingsley PI, etc.)

1) Enjoying stuff;

2) Consider adding links between your serial pieces? Maybe at the end of one piece, put in a link to the follow-on, and at the beginning of the follow-on, put a link to its predecessor and maybe another to the beginning of the series? It will make it easier for readers coming in late to your story find all the pieces as they will surely drop off the first pages of the Sanctum as time wears on.
Last edited by LEGION on September 8th, 2014, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

by LEGION » September 8th, 2014, 6:08 pm

@ A Rising Disquiet -- Who's 'the Imperium'?

Login  •  Register