Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Tirien
Tirien
Tirien

Re: Feedback and Comments for our Writers

Postby Tirien » June 4th, 2014, 5:49 pm

@ Working Hard to Relax

Barnaby, this is the moment you've trained for. If only this was an actual quest or something in-game! Would make RP'ing the boat race SO MUCH FUN.
polartech.deviantart.com

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » June 6th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Rhork
Rhork
Rhork

Postby Rhork » June 16th, 2014, 7:48 pm

@ Working Hard to Relax

I've been in a fight before :'[

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » July 9th, 2014, 10:39 pm

@ Grathier: Working Hard to Relax

The sun had risen on the nether ray ride from Shattrath

Something very poetic about that line ^ ^ . It made me stop and imagine. Thank you
Thomas Jarington & Co.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » July 16th, 2014, 7:12 pm

@Bradford's Suspenders: I don't remember a story where Grathier cut off thumbs. Did that happen at some point, or is this part of Four Finger ' s (who actually has 8
Fingers but learned orc arithmetic) Making Crap Up Machine?

Tirien
Tirien
Tirien

Postby Tirien » July 17th, 2014, 12:51 am

Nah, it's something that happened. I believe it was Barnaby who posted in that old TSTC thread where he did in fact remove the thumbs from one of his would-be bounty hunters after he torched the office in Booty Bay.

Jarington then posted a follow up several posts later from the perspective of said bounty hunter where he stated his intention of revenge at some point.
polartech.deviantart.com

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » July 17th, 2014, 2:25 am

Tirien wrote:Nah, it's something that happened. I believe it was Barnaby who posted in that old TSTC thread where he did in fact remove the thumbs from one of his would-be bounty hunters after he torched the office in Booty Bay.

Ah, okay. So it's more a case of our plucky investigator allowing himself to be sidetracked from obtaining answers to more probing questions of "why" and "where" at this point.

Grathier
Grathier
Grathier

Postby Grathier » July 17th, 2014, 3:37 am

Just felt like a bit of deus ex machina overload to me. The only friend of Wiggins they could find just HAPPENS to be the very guy who steers Grathier's name back into it.

Also, a constable has 250 gold - about nine years wage for Barnaby (who earns about 8-9 silver for a days work) - he can just casually throw at a bailbondsman with change to spare? I think an audit is in order...

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » July 17th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Funny how things happen, eh? It's a bloody story, not like your life depends on it. There's no way Barnaby can ever be implicated, but hell? How big can the criminal world be, anyway.

As for gold and coin, have you looked at the economy of the AH lately? Gold falls off of trees these days. Perhaps Barnaby should file a grievance with his union. Fortunately for Kingsley, he does not work for the Guard.

Anyway, thank you for your interest. Glad people are reading. However, I will reiterate: BARNABY WILL NOT BE IMPLICATE
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Grathier
Grathier
Grathier

Postby Grathier » July 17th, 2014, 7:31 pm

The AH is a very bad representation of in-game money. Most of that is randomly generated from daily quest-givers and dungeons that are farmed hundreds of times a day.

Instead, look at the price of staples such as milk, bread, flour, etc. If you could feed a family of four for under ten silver a week, it doesn't really justify paying someone ten gold in that same timeframe.

Login  •  Register