Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Re: Eclipse: Recruiting players for an epic RP plot!

Postby Vionora » February 23rd, 2015, 4:07 am

I've updated the initial posts with all the threads so far. Lots of RP this weekend, and still more to come! I'll be reaching out to folks who have expressed interest, and setting up in-game roleplay for Alliance side.

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Breygrah
Breygrah
Level: 0
Realm: Ravenholdt
Breygrah

Postby Breygrah » February 23rd, 2015, 4:42 am

This is absolutely worth getting involved in. I'm so excite.

redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g
redeyedtreefr0g

Postby redeyedtreefr0g » February 24th, 2015, 1:10 am

I am SO excited! Tauren were made to hunt the savage and fierce creatures of the First Dawn.
FroggyCows#1399
Tauren: Lomani, Kerala, Anura, Coqui, Chanchu, Pipapipa, Heget
Undead: Aziris

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » February 24th, 2015, 11:15 am

Jumping in on this as well. The Righteous Light cannot ignore the rising Darkness, and shall bring retribution upon those who summoned it forth.

Question: what is the global Alliance channel for this?

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » February 24th, 2015, 11:17 am

I didn't want to make a channel for fear of it getting trolled. D:

There's a significant number of Alliance players so far, however, I don't believe I've had a volunteer for a villain on Alliance side yet. We'll really need one to help spur and empower the conflict. We do have at least one victim so far, and those will help too, but the more, the better! Characters with a personal stake in this will be drawn in much more strongly. :D

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix
Stepanos DelaCroix

Postby Stepanos DelaCroix » February 24th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Darethy Voidblade and Stepanos have an IC past, so seeing him involved on the Horde side has lit the fire. Not that I know IC he's involved, but it reeks of Shadow and therefore, Stepanos MUST respond. I posted a new thread just a moment ago: Eclipse: Light's Flame

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » February 24th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Stepanos DelaCroix wrote:Darethy Voidblade and Stepanos have an IC past, so seeing him involved on the Horde side has lit the fire. Not that I know IC he's involved, but it reeks of Shadow and therefore, Stepanos MUST respond. I posted a new thread just a moment ago: Eclipse: Light's Flame

Words cannot express my glee!

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » February 25th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Hello all, just wanted to say a few things...

If you look at the current threads, it's pretty hard to miss that this has started a lot of roleplay. That's awesome! I'm glad so many people have been inspired and have come together in new and fun storytelling. And like I keep saying, we're just getting started... this is only the first week!

However, I know when things like this get big, the potential for problems magnifies. Not only might more people come to disagreements, but the thing itself can be a problem: people can feel left out or ignored, or even the opposite side of the same coin, annoyed that it's overtaken so much and they might be obligated to respond to it. Feeling either way is understandable and something I want very much to assuage.

For the first, anyone feeling left out or on the fringes, please know that you are wanted, your contributions are wanted, and there is no point where it's too late to join in. I can't just tell you to stop feeling otherwise, but I promise you'll be welcomed with open arms if you reach out to anyone. Especially me or Naheal – we're here to help! And even if there are no obvious hooks for your character, you don't necessarily need one, either. Just developing relationships with those involved is really all you need to get involved.

For the second, I sincerely apologize if you didn't really want to deal with something like that but find your character forced into it. I always meant for this to be opt-in, not opt-out. If you need an out, you are absolutely welcome to come up with whatever explanation you like, down to this conflict simply isn't as worthy of attention as some might be making it out to be, or is otherwise being misrepresented. But if that is too disingenuous or otherwise untenable, please know that I would be glad to speak to you and help work things out to your satisfaction, up to and including asking players to make necessary adjustments. And if there is anything that could be done to make the plot enjoyable for you... it goes without saying I'd love to make that happen!

All of you who are involved, and willingly, I hope when you read the above, you take a moment to consider your own responsibilities in something like this. Please do your best to be highly inclusive, but also respectful of those who don't want their own stories sidelined.

Thank you all so much, and happy hunting.

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » March 1st, 2015, 2:16 pm

I've updated the initial post with all the current threads. Please let me know if I missed one... there are over twenty now!

I've also begun keeping a summary of events, which some may find helpful.

Keep an eye out for a special event early this coming week!

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » March 13th, 2015, 10:39 am

The next special event will be Horde-side, next Thursday the 19th, at 9 server. :)

A community group has been created over on TNG for OOC chat and plotting. Please let me know if you need an invite!

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Login  •  Register