Announcing the opening of an epic storyline... Well, at least I hope it'll turn out epic!
A small introduction – I'm best known as Xaraphyne, though some might know me better these days as Julilee, and I've been a roleplayer on Twisting Nether Horde since 2007. I've been roleplaying in one way, shape, or form for about sixteen years. I'm currently the GM of one of Twisting Nether's bigger roleplay guilds and am very involved in the merged Twisting Nether/Ravenholdt roleplay community.
Now, I'm in the process of developing a wide-spanning story that has room for as many people as want to get involved – and the more, the better! The story is a sequel to a plot that ran on Twisting Nether some seven years ago, known as The Eclipse. You don't need to know anything about the old plot to get involved; in fact, you'll probably have more fun putting together the pieces if you don't.
There will be storytelling on our community RP forums as well as in game. While the start of the story will be on Horde, there will be cross-faction action given the interest. Alliance characters are welcome to get involved, as they did in the original plot.
Plot Premise & Roles
Theme song: "The Howling", by Within Temptation
The premise for the story of The Eclipse centers around an ancient god by the name of Accalia, the Beast, Worg-God of the Hunt, who was banished to the place between night and day when she turned on her companions. There is nothing Accalia wants more than to hunt... everything and everyone, to extinction.
I'll leave the rest for the players to discover, but for the purposes of the plot, three types of roles are needed: villains, those who seek to free Accalia; victims, those who are afflicted by her and her minions; and investigators, those who take an interest in the happenings and seek the solution to stopping Accalia.
- Villains may have any number of motivations in choosing to side with Accalia. Maybe they just want to watch the world burn; maybe they think they can bend her power to their own ends. Or perhaps they don't fully realize the consequences. Some will be marked with a special power, but it comes with a price. Read further for more information about the mark.
- Victims can be merely unfortunate, in the wrong place and the wrong time, or deliberately targeted by one of the villains. Victims will be marked by a debilitating curse and be exposed to serious struggles. Read further for more information about being marked.
- Investigators manage to avoid being marked, but are still involved in the events through their own choosing. They might be immune to the mark. Investigators may be drawn into the conflict because someone they care about is afflicted, or they just want to save the world. Victims can be investigators too, but investigators don't have to be cursed.
There are various ways to handle in-character combat. Dueling is an option; so is free-form emoting. In Eclipse, the most important guideline players must follow is that all players involved in a battle must agree on a method. Players cannot be forced into duels, or into emote combat, if they do not want to use that method.
There is also a third method available, which is a mix of GM direction and a randomization element to help balance characters. This basic combat system for use in game with the assistance of an arbitrating GM and employs the /roll feature. Read here for how it works – or try it out in game, as it is easy to explain on the fly!
Code of Conduct
In order to ensure a drama-free roleplay environment, these are the rules and expectations for all players in the Eclipse plot.
- As this plot involves non-canonical lore and mechanics beyond the game interface, be willing to indulge in suspension of belief and flexibility with official lore.
- Involve yourself with others and they will be happy to return the favor!
- Only describe your character's actions and let others decide theirs.
- Be ready to allow the plot GMs (game masters) to take liberties when necessary for the greater story.
- Keep out-of-character and in-character knowledge separate.
- Be prepared to work around the mistakes or inconsistencies in the story that will occur.
- When conflicting interests arise out of character, be solution-oriented and ready to work together to find a resolution.
- Ensure in-character interactions aren't taken personally. When an antagonistic scene occurs, communicate OOC to ensure that everyone is willing and having a satisfactory roleplay session.
Collaboration & Changes
The case with large plots is that they tend to take on a life of their own, and that's completely welcomed here. Characters may involve their own story elements and personal issues, and bring their own spin to the plot. It's a highly collaborative effort, and I'm open to changes and flourishes to the overarching storyline.
In fact, I'll need the help of all players to tell a good, compelling story, and make sure people have as much fun as possible. Players who are able to involve themselves will get the most out of this plot as with any other similar event. Anyone who ends up feeling lost or left out is encouraged to reach out to an Eclipse plot GM or any active player to brainstorm ways to get more involved. You should also come to the GMs or other players with any ideas you have so we can work them in!
To get started, you can post in this thread, and/or message me here on the forum or in game. You can also contact Naheal as he will be co-GMing this plot.
SUMMARY (Sanctum) The current summary of events.
- Moonlight's Shadow (TNG) Naheal and Xaraphyne are drawn to Moonglade. 2/17 – 2/22
- The Catalyst (TNG) Malhavik does not research his victim properly... 2/14 – 2/21
- TERROR IN TIRISFAL (TNG) A sudden panic seizes all of Tirisfal. 2/21 – 2/27
- A dinner interrupted! (Sanctum) Jenasis feels Accalia's release. 2/24
- A PLAGUE IN STORMWIND (Sanctum) A plague strikes the human capitol. 2/21
- Investigation (Sanctum) Darrethy finds out what triggered these events. 2/22
- Just ain't the same (Sanctum) Tirien finds himself amidst the trouble. 2/22 – 4/16
- Quarantine (TNG) Darrethy isolates himself to keep from spreading the curse. 2/22 – 3/1
- Warnings (TNG) The Commander of Sanctuary seeks to warn other organizations. 2/23 – 2/26
- Safeguard (TNG) Konro escapes from confinement. 2/23 – 2/25
- "Bad Ideas Are Never Good" (Sanctum) Fidjit sees an opportunity for profit. 3/3 – 3/31
- Down in a Hole (TNG) Khorvis is afflicted. 2/24 – 3/4
- Questions (TNG) Leyu'jin goes to ask a veteran of the last conflict what she knows, but a third arrives. 2/24 – 3/4
- Incarceration (TNG) Malhavik, Konro, and Lupinum are visited in prison. 2/24 – 2/25
- Broken History (TNG) Taozhu and friends look for historical knowledge of Accalia. 2/26 – 3/5
- Light's Flame (Sanctum) Stepanos hears about the curse and marshals his forces. 2/24 – 4/14
- Curse These Old Bones (Sanctum) Smithe decides to experiment on the afflicted, and attracts attention. 2/24 – 3/8
- A Rumor About Konro's Broken Horn (TNG) Is it true? 2/25
- The Holy Light (TNG) Naheal looks for a way to cure the festering wounds. 2/25 – 2/26
- Armor (TNG) Kex'ti and Brammorn seek to protect those who need protected. 2/23 – 2/27
- Prophecy (TNG) Malethia has a bad feeling about something. But it's probably nothing. 2/27 – 3/16
- Chasing Wind (TNG) The Horns of the Shu'halo struggle with a problem member. 2/28 – 3/2
- Purging. (TNG) Darrethy goes looking for answers, and hears a name mentioned he dreads to have involved. 3/1 – 3/3
- The Wordbearer's Rage (TNG) Leyu'jin is infurated that Konro escaped. 3/2
- Firestorm (TNG) After Bellame is afflicted, Grimal goes searching for the culprit. 3/2 – 3/13
- Bliss (TNG) Kerala studies healing and tries to learn more about the curse. 3/3 – 3/9
- Another Side (TNG) Taozhu uncovers more and more about Accalia. 3/5 – 3/19
- A Night of Broken Faith (TNG) Vionora gives Konro superhuman powers; he wreaks havoc. Naheal loses faith in Sanctuary. 3/6 – 3/12
- Grim encounters... (TNG) Malhavik has a run-in with Faelenor and Amalyn. 3/6 – 3/8
- PLAGUE STRIKES DALARAN AND ASHRAN (TNG) Self-explanatory. 3/6
- Drawing the Line (TNG) Juli addresses Naheal, and he her. 3/7
- Anesthetize (TNG) Darrethy has concerns about Konro. 3/7
- Rage (TNG) Kex'ti and Syreena enter conflict anew as Syreena tries to get at something important to him. 3/7 – 3/9
- Resistance (TNG) Aaren fights back the curse. 3/8 – 3/9
- Betrayal (TNG) Malhavik plans to do whatever necessary to get ahold of the black book. 3/8 – 3/12
- Ruthlessness (TNG) Naheal will do whatever is required to defeat Accalia. 3/6 – 3/12
- Coldsnap (TNG) An old associate of Kex'ti's seeks him. 3/9 – 3/15
- Discretion (TNG) Breygrah is done dealing with Konro. 3/9 – 3/20
- The Mark of the Predator (TNG) Seven years ago, Vionora was an entirely different person. 3/11 – 3/13
- Anima (TNG) Darrethy works to isolate the curse. 3/12
- Interrogations (TNG) The Grim seek to ensure the integrity of their membership. 3/13
- The Jaws of Madness (TNG) Naheal struggles with madness from the curse, but he finds the book. 3/13 – 3/16
- Things to Fear (TNG) Vionora appears in Warspear, and battle breaks out. 3/14
- Hibernation (TNG) Darrethy seems to accept his fate. 3/15
- Does Not Play Well With Others (TNG) Kerala summons the Skytotem healers to help combat the curse. 3/15 – 3/16
- Mind Games (TNG) Konro falls to the worg spirit's control. 3/16
- Voice and Vice (TNG) Kex'ti catches up with an old childhood friend. 3/16 – 3/18
- Inquisitor (TNG) Saphiara considers taking up the righteous path again. 3/17
- To Wax or Wane (TNG) Vionora takes the book from Naheal, but the victory is not lasting. 3/17 – 3/23
- Maps and Plans (TNG) Naheal makes plans to work with Khorvis. 3/19
- The Beast Within (TNG) Xara tries to help Konro. 3/19 – 3/20
- Death of a Warrior (TNG) Breygrah and Konro face off in mak'gora. 3/20
- One Last Gift for Kex'ti (TNG) Syreena and Kex'ti face off. 3/20
- Die Hard (TNG) Konro's last moments provoke a response from his old brigade. 3/20
- Pavor Nocturnus (TNG) The burdens of her actions weigh heavily on Breygrah. 3/17 – 3/29
- Flying Against the Hurricane (TNG) Kerala tries to cope with the results of the mak'gora. 3/21
- Stolen Time (TNG) Naheal's dubious past practices come to light. 3/21
- Unleashed (TNG) The worg spirit finds a new host. 3/22
- The Beginning of the End (TNG) Xara bumped into Vionora one year ago. 3/24
- The Truth of Sacrifice (TNG) Kerala makes peace with some elements of her past. 3/24
- Poor Brey (TNG) Different sides harass each other at the Wyvern's Tail. 3/24
- Desperate Times (TNG) Sanctuary garrison is besieged. 3/16 – 3/25
- Visions (TNG) Aaren speaks to the Naaru for help. 3/25
- Breaking Point (TNG) Darrethy is acting a little strangely... 3/23 – 4/9
- A FINAL RECKONING (Joke RP) (TNG) Lilliana and Leyu'jin definitely do not murder everyone in the 37th. 3/24
- Idle Hands (Sanctum) Smithe bides his time, plotting. 3/24 – 4/5
- Promises (TNG) Kerala negotiates to end the blood feud. 3/24 – 3/25
- Broken (TNG) Suffering defeat after defeat erodes Syreena's psyche. 3/25 – 4/16
- A Book on Loan (TNG) Malhavik gives the book over to the Grim. Khorvis decides to be rid of it. 3/20 – 3/25
- Blood Pact (TNG) Ninorra is running out of options. 3/26 – 4/6
- Follow Through (TNG) Kerala ensures others know she means business. 3/26 – 4/2
- The Fall (TNG) Vionora speaks to someone genuinely sympathetic. 3/27
- Hatred (TNG) Naheal nearly falls to the Sha. 3/27 – 3/28
- Recovery (TNG) Lilliana is forced to recover Konro's Grim tabard. 3/28
- Spirit Walk (TNG) A ritual to save Konro's spirit reveals much about his life. 3/28
- Funeral of a Warrior (TNG) Konro's funeral suits him in a way. 3/29
- Umbral Shadows (TNG) Vionora falls completely under Malhavik's influence. 3/30
- Grim Retribution (TNG) Friends of Syreena exact revenge. 3/30 – 4/2
- Hope (TNG) Naheal's past influences his future choices. 4/1 – 4/7
- The Battle at the Sunwell (TNG) The effort to destroy the black book is disrupted. 4/4
- Lost (TNG) Efforts are made to save Kerala. 4/4 – 4/16
- Consumption (TNG) Kex'ti finds a difficult way to heal the worg wounds with a single healer. 4/5 – 4/8
- Retaliation (TNG) Breygrah is kidnapped by Karthok. 4/8
- Divergent Darkstorm (TNG) The alternate Fhenrir accepts Vionora's offer. 9/10 – 4/9
- The Raptor's Tale (TNG) Kex'ti's raptor doesn't understand what happened to Kex'ti. 4/13
- Battle at the Docks (TNG) The Righteous Light confronts Tirien and incites Vionora's wrath. 4/14
- The Eye of the Earthmother (TNG) Lomani discovers something has happened to Breygrah. 4/10 – 4/14
- Operation Clusterfuck (TNG) The Deadshots and allies mount a rescue. 4/10 – 4/14
- Stepping Stones to Darkness (Sanctum) Reverend Smithe pursues his goals alone. 4/13 – 4/15
- Shadows (TNG) Aaren poses as an ally to an enemy. 4/13 – 4/16
- Dying Light (TNG) Friends act to recover Kex'ti. 4/16 – 4/17
- The Beast (TNG) A newly infected individual is even less prepared to cope than most. 4/17
- Progeny (TNG) Fhenrir and Xaraphyne move to eliminate the worg threat in Moonglade. 4/17