Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Re: Eclipse: Recruiting players for an epic RP plot!

Postby Vionora » April 27th, 2015, 3:28 pm

Next RP event is Horde-side, tonight at 9:30 server: a meeting on the beach in Warspear, open to everyone involved or curious. Please attend!

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » April 29th, 2015, 5:55 pm

The Final Battle

The last official event of the Eclipse plot will take place this Sunday at 2pm server. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend! Be warned it will be a large gathering, but I will do my best to keep the main event moving.

The event will consist of three parts: the gathering (open RP), the Harbinger encounter (Eclipse battle system combat), and the Accalia encounter (raid boss/game combat). At the end of the raid boss encounter, the groups should disperse, as this is when the nightmares will be taking place. Roleplay can pick up at a later time after folks have resolved their nightmare stories.

There will be two raid groups, one for Horde and one for Alliance, and /raid will be OOC on both sides. In addition, up to I believe it is 11 players may be included in the battle.net conversation for cross-faction roleplay. Please let me know if you're interested in participating in that.

Happy hunting!

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » April 30th, 2015, 8:59 pm

How are folks' nightmares coming along? I encourage everyone to start writing them ahead of time so that you're good to go after the event on Sunday. If you want to post them early, that's fine too. Any questions or concerns, please ask!

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » May 3rd, 2015, 10:01 pm

Thank you, everyone.

I look forward to the completion of everyone's Eclipse stories.

A much longer wrap-up post coming later when I can brain again.

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » May 26th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Several weeks later, finally writing a wrap-up post... Well, better late than never!

Where to begin?

Definitely first and foremost, I want to say thank you to every participant for your wholehearted support. It made all the difference in the world. I'm humbled by how fully my not-so-little idea was embraced by the community. Even people who didn't participate have said they thought it was cool. But Eclipse would not have been a fraction of what it was if folks hadn't jumped in unreservedly like they did.

Simply put, my greatest hopes were exceeded, and it's all because of you guys. Thank you so much for letting me do this. It's sincerely been one of the greatest highlights of my WoW experience, which includes quite a bit.

One thing I particularly appreciate is how everyone accepted, adopted even, Vionora – an "anti-villain" as Darrethy kindly called her, but more accurately a cliché pile of emo tropes that I can't believe no one ever rolled their eyes at. It was kind of sweet, actually, how no one ever pointed it out, like you were all afraid I didn't know and didn't want to burst my bubble. But it was very freeing to just play her as she was, and thank you all for that.

That's really what Eclipse was about, though... No judgment; just having fun. It didn't matter how many people got kidnapped, threw themselves headlong into danger, appeared in the right place at the right time, or had whatever else happen that was way over the top. We weren't writing the next great novel, we were just doing whatever sounded the most fun at the time. And as a result, a whole lot of fun was had.

As intended, Eclipse was just backdrop for everyone to tell their own stories and develop their own characters. That is what we're all in this to do, after all. If Eclipse ends up being a significant event in some characters' histories, and staying a small part of server lore for as long as any of its players are around, then I'll be honored. And maybe in another seven years, some part of it will still live on.

Thanks go to the GMs of the original plot, Rannoch and Theira, who were kind enough to give me their blessing in carrying on the story they originally created. Also thank you to Naheal, the other veteran of the first Eclipse plot, whose support was invaluable. But again, the biggest thanks go to all the players. Thank you so much.

Love,
Vionora/Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Edit: oh geez I'm the worst wife. Huge thanks also to my husband for not only putting up with me spending almost every free minute I had for three months on WoW (at least I'm sure it felt that way!) but for taking an interest in the story and being an awesome collaborator. By the way, the reason Eclipse isn't the #1 highlight of my WoW experiences is because I met him on WoW. :)
Last edited by Vionora on May 26th, 2015, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » May 26th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Cast

Xara (Vionora, Xaraphyne, Julilee, Filora, and Nokokomah)
Naheal (Naheal, Naheal, and Naheal... j/k)
Malhavik (Malhavik and Grinjowl)
Breygrah (Breygrah and Aaren)
Konro (Konro, Shokkra, Alakroz, Karthok, and Telerian)
Darethy (Darrethy)
Kerala (Kerala, Lomani, Anura, Coqui, and Chanchu)
Kexti (Kex'ti and Tesonii)
Cobrak (Taozhu, Cobrak, Caldrien, and Brammorn)
Tirien (Tirien, Hunter, and Michael)
Fhenrir (Fhenrir and Fhenrir... seriously)
Syreena (Syreena)
Stepanos (Stepanos, Fidjit, and Ja'breeve)
Smithe (Smithe)
Emmeran (Emmeran)
Hegran (Hegran)
Lupinum (Lupinum)
Khorvis (Khorvis)
Ruuki (Ruuki)
Cen (Brast)
Awatu (Awatu and Borghul)
Inzema (Inzema and Qarosimae)
Talfryn (Talfryn)
Alfirin (Alfirin)
Grimal (Grimal)
Vilmah (Bellame)
Leyujin (Leyu'jin)
Lilliana (Lilliana)
Brinnea (Brinnea)
Civarra (Shaena and Civarra)
Saphiara (Saphiara, Malethia, and Malethia)
Gazreeth (Gazreeth... for GM)
Selash (Selash)
Faelenor (Faelenor)
Amalyn (Amalyn)
Mudhide (Mudhide)
Jenasis (Jenasis)
Astraea (Astraea)

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Login  •  Register