Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Kiraleen
Kiraleen
Kiraleen

There are many like it, but this one is mine

Postby Kiraleen » February 2nd, 2015, 3:30 pm

Garrisons. Since we've no customization options with them, I've seen people naming them.

Did you? What is it?

Meia works at Snowmelt, run by an Earnest Young Troll.

Skaedi runs Snowshadow.

Chimreh operates out of Truestrike; like Meia, she's not a commander

Doleera named Stormrider Keep after herself. She may as well get something out of cleaning up after other people's shit this time. *cough*

darethy
darethy
darethy

Re: There are many like it, but this one is mine

Postby darethy » February 2nd, 2015, 4:46 pm

Raven's Gate.

Cerestal
Cerestal
Cerestal

Postby Cerestal » February 2nd, 2015, 5:29 pm

Cerestal works at Fort Wrynn and Grathier at Telaari station. To me, it's just Lunarfall.

However, I do consider Lunarfall to comprise of a barracks, a dwarven bunker, an inn, either a lumber mill or trading post, a storehouse, a blacksmith and a scribe's quarters.

Tirien
Tirien
Tirien

Postby Tirien » February 2nd, 2015, 8:52 pm

Well clearly you all work for me, the Commander. Look, Khadgar even said so and gave me this neat ring. I'm totally the main character here, guys.

/ends sarcasm.

I'm with Cerestal. I just call it "Lunarfall" and consider it to have the necessary buildings for a, well, Garrison. Some place to house soldiers/officers, some place for them to let off steam, some place to promote some sort of self-sufficiency, and storage.
polartech.deviantart.com

Julilee
Julilee
Julilee

Postby Julilee » February 2nd, 2015, 9:44 pm

Many Sanctuary members treat their garrisons as all the same place, belonging to the guild – Sanctuary Garrison.

Khorvis
Khorvis
Khorvis

Postby Khorvis » February 3rd, 2015, 8:34 am

The Grim have various notions of how it all works out. Obviously the disconnect between some sort of pseudo-single-player story and the larger aspirations of an MMO requires us to be creative with our solutions.

I try to imagine a network of fortifications under the jurisdiction of the Grim, chartered by the Horde proper, whereby different sections are under the direct control of our individual members.

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Postby Lukar » February 3rd, 2015, 9:20 am

I've named mine The Highway, as I have so many Danger Zone counters: http://i.imgur.com/b4RPwxE.jpg

But on a serious note, for me, on Alliance it's Lunarfall, run by the 'Commander,' and on Horde it's Frostwall, also run by some 'Commander.'

IC'ly, Lukar is off doing his own thing on Draenor, working with Horde forces at times, other times doing his own thing to try and hurt the Iron Horde. Though he, like Khadgar, is far more concerned about the Shadow Council than the Iron Horde at this point.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » February 3rd, 2015, 10:55 am

The pit.

Like Lukar, Stonz has his own agendas from this base of operations. We've suffered unusually high attritional losses along the perimeter. Most unfortunate, but the price of victory is never cheap. Send the bill to Orgrimmar, along with a request for more Darkspear reinforcements of proven loyalty to the regime. They are our very best fighters. While they last.

Ninorra
Ninorra
Ninorra

Postby Ninorra » February 3rd, 2015, 11:07 am

I think it can be explained that everyone CAN have one. Our guild (Sanctuary) has one that we "share", but I've also RP'd that my characters have been assigned one upon arriving in Draenor (as the game would suggest). I find that idea to be hilarious because clearly, not everyone is leadership material. My warlock is one of them. She has no idea what she's doing and suddenly people are calling her "commander".

Also, sometimes you go into cities and the NPCs will say "There goes (player)! I hear he/she is the best (class) of all time!" So I'm RPing that as if they're making fun of her.

Vincent Moryarti
Vincent Moryarti
Vincent Moryarti

Postby Vincent Moryarti » February 4th, 2015, 6:39 pm

Lots of interesting ideas here. I'd never thought of naming it, so for Moryarti, I'll stick with Lunarfall. Clearly, as far as RP goes, he's nothing close to being a commander of the force, nor would he want to be.

However, since we CAN choose which facilities are built, I consider a few of those as his - namely the Gnomish Gearworks, the Engineering Works, and the Salvage Yard. This ties directly into his story and his character.

As for Lord High Commander Stepanos DelaCroix, it would make sense for him to command a garrison, especially if it's the new base for the Righteous Light - which it is (should I ever have the time to resurrect the guild as an RP institution).

Login  •  Register