Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Averila
Averila
Averila

Re: Character Development Questionnaire

Postby Averila » March 28th, 2014, 9:49 pm

1. List four things you like very much.

-Power
-A good Grimoire
-A good meal
-A certain someone

2. List four things you dislike very much.

-People who get in my way
-Arrogance
-You
-People who ask stupid questions

3. Did you have a happy childhood?

I'm a warlock. Guess.

4. Describe the incident in childhood that you think most affected you.

When I first spilled my own blood to summon an imp. I can still remember the sensation of drawing the knife across my palm, the hot blood spilling out, hand throbbing in pain as the summoning circle ignited...

Well, when the imp finally appeared, I stomped on him for about five minutes to get him to quit mocking me. It's shown me that pain is necessary to grow stronger.

5. Describe your mother and how you feel about her.

This is like asking a priest of Elune to describe an Annihian Pit Lord. Pass.

6. Describe your father and how you feel about him.

Th... well, he was generally mediocre. A decent shadowcaster, but an awful summoner. I regard him with less respect and generally less hatred than my mother.

7. What are you favorite pastimes?

Souls. Whether it be setting fire to the very essence of someone, stifling their very life-force with shadowflames or entropic fire, or afflicting them virulent magical maladies and sucking their soul out for later use, it is a most delightful activity that I relish at every opportunity.

And erotic paintings. Turns out it's really hard for a known warlock to break into the art business, so I must make do with less prestigious endeavors. Pays well, though. Lots of goblins are willing to part with a good sum of gold to see... some very interesting renderings.

8. What person do you think has most influenced you?

Demisette Cloyce. Never has there been someone in my life who I have despised more than her. It is therefore her I have to thank for granting me the willpower to do the things I have been most afraid of. Mostly to spite her.

9. How do you feel about sex?

As of late? Sore.

10. What are your people's religious beliefs?

"My people"? What do you mean by that? Humans seem to be mostly a very pious race, a trait I do not share with many of them.

If you ask of warlocks then, well... I think you can use your imagination.

11. How far do you go along with these beliefs, and how important are they to you?

Hmph. The Light. Supposedly it will, one day, lead us all to tranquility, peace, and happiness. What a load. I knew nothing of the Light during my childhood. I knew Shadow and Felfire. I was born into it, molded by it, I had not seen the Light until I was a grown woman. Where was the Light when I faced my trials, alone, in the darkness? Where was the Light when I had to burn my home and kill my family? It was not there. So you tell me how important it is to someone like me.

12. How are your people organized and led?

Our King is an absentee father who thinks a kingdom is ruled from the front lines of a battlefield and his son who would be better off without him.

13. How do you feel about the leadership, and how important is it to you?

Ask yourself: Does a warlock care what anyone thinks but themselves? I'll give you a hint: No.

14. What is your philosophy of life?

"Power demands sacrifice."

15. If you could have any tangible thing in the world you wanted, what would it be?

Anything? Anything at all? ...I'd love to have some of that expensive Sin'dorei bedding. Those silken sheets are just to kill for.

16. Have you any physical difficulties?

Since my new housemate moved in? Yes, I have trouble walking in the mornings.

17. What kind of education have you had, and how did you feel about it?

I was instructed, quite thoroughly, on the arts of fel magics, demonology, summoning, rituals, calligraphy, paintings, writing, reading, a little cooking, and, more recently, I've been making forays into painting.

18. How do you think other people react to you as a person?

The same way most people react to a mad, fel-corrupted dog when it isn't kept on a tight leash. Some within the Empire might attempt civility, to which they are rewarded with further civility and favor. Mostly.

19. What are you proudest of?

Enslaving some of the most exotic demons known. Pit Lords, Nathrezim, even an Eredar Lord once, for a bit.

20. What are you most ashamed of?

Knowing that the days I spend lazing around the house are days I could be using to set more people on fire.

21. What is your deepest fear?

A normal fear-type compulsion charm, further empowered by fel-infusion. Oh, you meant mine... I'm afraid I can't say.

22. How do you feel about food?

There are few things in life that can be as satisfying as a good meat and vegetable stew. A well-made stew can keep you fed throughout the longest battles.

23. What makes you feel good?

Uhhh, not to be mentioned in polite company.

24. What do you dream about?

*Glare* Pass.

25. What do you try hardest to avoid?

Aside from doing any kind of actual work? Well, due to my recent expulsion from the Military, the entirety of Kalimdor.

26. What makes you angry? How do you react when you're angry?

Very few things can earn any kind of real anger. Frustration may be common, but it takes a certain kind of effort to really earn my ire. As for what I do when angry? Nothing. Aside from plot the slow, torturous demise of those who have gained my hatred.

27. How do you react to your people's relationship with the world around you?

We are a tiny speck of light midst the stygian, inky blackness of eternity, our lives as short as an insect, our progenitors abandoned by the Titans, and we, abandoned by them. We are the unwanted children of the gods and our ancestors, and slowly we are realizing this, and we are very, very angry about that.

28. What one person had the greatest affect on you as a child?

I'll not dignify them with the mere enunciation of their name, lest someone happen to remember it.

29. How athletic are you?

Oh, not very. Enough to keep trim.

30. How methodical are you?

When such a situation warrants that I should bring my intellect to bear upon whatever pithy situation or person demands it, very. Most of the time? I'd rather just burn it and have done with the affair.

31. What are your chief taboos?

As a warlock I am unburdened by such things.

32. How much traveling have you done?

A good sum, especially to Outland.

33. Describe a situation in which you behaved courageously.

"Courageous" does not well describe a warlock's behavior. "Vicious, spiteful, and malign" might be better descriptors.

34. Do you see yourself as a self-centered person?

No one else wanted to care about me, so why should I have cared about them?

35. Do you see yourself as a loving person?

I... don't want to discuss this.

36. Do you see yourself as a popular person?

HAH! No.

37. Do you see yourself having a potentially important influence on the world?

Mother once told me that I should strive to make an impact on the world. I can only presume she meant that I should leap from as high as possible to make a more distinct impression on the paving stones.

38. What is the purpose of your race?

To fail. To die. A hundred, a thousand, a million, a billion... it does not matter how many times. It is our purpose to die until someone comes along who knows enough to succeed just once, and then the cycle continues.

39. How artistic are you?

I was rather surprised, but I am very artistic when I am in the mood.

40. How do you feel about material things?

As a warlock, I have often become somewhat detached from the material world, but ever since I found a good bed, and some fine robes, I'll admit I have a certain affection for such things.

41. What are your plans for the future?

What are plans but things which others may ruin, either intentionally or not?

42. How idealistic are you?

Oh, you're funny aren't you?

43. How realistic are you?

I wouldn't say I'm especially realistic, either in my goals or expectations. Pragmatic at times, but not realistic.

44. How successful are you?

Financially? I just bought a giant, metal-plated golem that can fly. Was a good bit of retail therapy, that...

45. Name the four things you object to in other people.

Arrogance, stupidity, insolence, and, if I don't especially like them, their souls.

46. Name the four things you object to in yourself.

Needless haste, too much drink, my enemies' weapons, and low expectations.

47. How gullible are you?

At times... fairly gullible.

48. How intelligent are you?

I like to think I'm intelligent enough to outwit you.

49. Does the end justify the means?

Yes.

50. How attractive are you physically?

Many ritual sacrifices have seen that I am, indeed, very beautiful. Sometimes I forget to clean my nails, though.

51. Do you believe there is anything worth dying for? What experiences led you to this conclusion?

Death is certain. Why die a meaningless, impertinent existence when I can attempt to help my pitiable race.

52. What do you worry about the most?

I... am afraid to say.

53. What makes life worth living for you?

A memory, and that's all I'll say on the matter.

54. What is the difference between good and evil?

The only real difference is who has the power to dictate what is good and evil.

55. What kind of person would you like to be?

Me, of course.

56. What ideas in the history of the world as you know it should be forgotten?

Imagine that, somewhere in long forgotten libraries in civilizations that have passed from this world that there are books that describe things so abominable, acts so heinous, that it would darken your mind so that you might seek solace in death, yet in your pursuit you know that not even in the cold embrace of the grave will you find peace. These are the things that I have bore witness to, and these things I will keep buried if I should have my way.

57. What changes taking place in the world as you know it should be encouraged,
which discouraged?

The blind obedience which our leaders have asked of us is uncalled for. Each must fight his own battles insofar as I am concerned. No one has stepped in to help me, to aid my cause, so why should I bother with theirs? Let us encourage dissent, discourse, and actively question those who would impose their wills upon us. We are not gnomish automatons, nor slaves.

58. What ideas now popular among the people you know do you consider
potentially dangerous?

The notion that peace is possible without bloodshed.

59. What do you think is worth knowing?

The dangers of what one must do to protect yourself and those you love. And a good recipe for a meat and vegetable stew.

60. How do you feel about violence?

Useful, necessary, but often poorly practiced.

61. Do you have any children? Describe them if you do.

This conversation is over.

Ezræil
Ezræil
Ezræil

Postby Ezræil » March 29th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Curiosity, intellect, personal honor, and the ability to think for oneself.

Blind acceptance, narrow-mindedness, lack of honor, and abused authority.

No.

Killing my father.

She was a caring woman. I feel great sadness.

I killed him.

I quite enjoy fishing.

At this point in time? No one.

How do you feel about retaining your sexual organs?

My people meaning Warlocks or humans? Most humans follow the light. I acknowledge its existence.

11. How far do you go along with these beliefs, and how important are they to you?
I acknowledge its existence but it has done little to nothing for me.

Warlocks? We don't really gather in groups. Humans? If you have to ask you are doing something wrong.

Indifferent.

Death is optional.

15. If you could have any tangible thing in the world you wanted, what would it be?
Spoilers deary.

My left leg is severely burned.

I had a formal and private education. It is why I am so impassioned about seeking knowledge new and old.

I don't seem to have many friends.

My age and powers.

*a large burn mark is visible*

The past.

Food is quite a good thing to have.

I have a fondness for animals.

Pain.

Dreaming.

Stupidity. I can be cruel.

What people? Humans? I couldn't care less so long as they don't do anything incredibly stupid.

Incidentally my father.

I am physically fit. Though I am no warrior.

Very.

Stupidity and narrow-mindedness.

I have traveled extensively.

Killing my father.

Yes.

At times.

Definitely not.

Yes.

To accomplish much in a short time.

I cannot draw or paint.

Useful.

Spoilers deary.

I have some ideals.

Reality is a suggestion that sometimes requires conforming to.

I'm still alive aren't I?

Stupidity, narrow-mindedness, blind acceptance, and being honorless.

Temper, callousness, grudges, and arrogance.

Not at all.

Very.

It can.

The left side of my body is covered in burn scars. Ignoring that my right side is fairly attractive or so I am told.

51. Do you believe there is anything worth dying for? What experiences led you to this conclusion?
Yes.

The past.

The future.

Perspective.

Who I am.

None. History is what makes us what we are.

which discouraged?
All a matter of perspective.

potentially dangerous?
People's impression of me and other Warlocks.

Everything.

Sometimes it is necessary.

No.

Verin
Verin

Postby Verin » March 30th, 2014, 2:15 am

Let's see. I'd say studying the mind as I am fascinated by how powerful, yet fragile it is. I also like running, my hat, and nearly half my co-workers...much to my chagrin.

Sincere insults, to start, followed by know-it-alls. I don't care much for getting up early either, though I fight through it. Lastly I can't stand being tricked, especially by friends.

Oh yeah. It was incredible to say the least. My parents supported my decision to join the Silver Hand as an initiate and from there...things go down hill when Arthas 'purged' the city.

It would be when I discovered my affinity for The Light. It was...kind of embarrassing in hind sight and was how I met my rival-turned friend, Stanford. Long story short: Alcohol does wonders on your aim.

Distant. Always tending to her duties at her bakery. It wasn't a very big or successful shop, though she got it to where it was from devoting all her time to it. She was nice enough during dinner or on outings.

Also...kind of distant. He was a Knight serving in the defense of Stratholme, though at the time before the 'Purge' those duties only extended to training squires and Silver Hand recruits. He never manifested any connection to The Light, so when I showed promise he sent me off to train under the local Bishop. It was my decision to later join the Silver Hand and he couldn't have been more proud.

I've always been a bit of a book worm, so, reading. I've taken to patrolling well enough and actually enjoy it as well. Also, ah...I have an interest in Geology so...um...I collect...uh...rocks...

Stanford, easily. It's one thing to have a friend and another to have a rival. He was both and pushed me like no one else has. I mean, I pushed back, sometimes, but he'd always be right there behind me. I kind of wanted to be like him and still do, to a degree.

It's...ah...been awhile...

The Light, mostly.

While I know the scripture and try to follow it, I don't adhere to any of the tenants like glue. They are stepping stones in the right direction, guideposts so you can keep to a straight path.

I can't speak to the actual organization of our people, but I do know we are ruled by a King.

I don't know the King personally, obviously, but I'd say the way things are run is just fine. I serve the Stormwind City Guard, so it is kind of important I agree with what I'm protecting, which I do.

Take everything one step at a time, always moving forward.

I already had to let him go.

Physical? Not really thanks to the Guard and a few friends. Mental? I think crippling self-doubt is appropriate.

The Church taught me most of what I know, though the Silver Hand promoted basic studies outside of it. Everything else I've picked up over the past decade or two.

Warmly enough. I don't go out of my way to offend people and I often find what others say interesting.

Saving those I could throughout the Third War.

Failing someone when he needed me most.

Failing others.

I will eat you out of house and home. Channeling the Light is incredibly taxing. It's no surprise my appetite is so large.

Ending the day having done more than I thought I could handle and spending time with friends over a few drinks.

Seeing loved ones one last time.

Being alone.

If someone refuses to better themselves and continues to do so, my patience with them wears thin. Also, being tricked by friends is a sure way to set me off. Typically I vent my rage with silent brooding. It's a skill.

Uh...I've never really considered it before. Sorry.

As a child? No one sticks out to me. I guess I can consider the local Bishop, as he and his Priests/Priestesses taught me in the Light alongside other Initiates.

I keep in good shape. I'm not bulky by any stretch of the word, but I've got a decent amount of muscle. Enough to have a 'chest' and 'shapely backside' according to others, anyway.

I pay very close attention to small details and anything I deem important goes straight to my notes. I'd say I am.

Never tamper with the mind of another without consent or in self-defense.

In hindsight, a lot. I followed Jaina to Kalimdor, helping those of us who survived the Stratholme 'Purge' as well as those who chose to fight.

The first patrolling exercise as an Initiate of the Silver Hand went south when we were ambushed by robed figures who I later found out to be apart of the Cult of the Damned. Stanford and I fought to buy time for our other Initiates to regroup and await an order from out Knight-Instructor. The call for retreat was sounded. Only Stanford and I were left alive to hear it.

Not really. I enjoy putting others first.

I was and probably still am.

Likeable for sure. Popular? I *am* known as a Punching Bag around the Garrison. I don't think anyone's been to the infirmary more...

On the world-at-large? Light no. On the world of a few individuals? I already have.

To strive forward.

I've...doodled a little in my notes...

Little things like personal mementos are fine. The essentials are fine. Anything more, I feel, is pointless extra baggage. I might be biased considering I spent a good portion of my life moving around with the refugees from Stratholme.

Settle some personal demons.

Everyone has the potential to better themselves.

Enough to place facts over assumption.

I don't consider myself to be, overall. Reference 'crippling self down' somewhere in a previous answer.

Refusal to face facts, blind adherence to only one side of an argument, inflexibility, and selfishness.

Self-doubt, my libido, hesitance, and a little hypocrisy.

Replace 'Gullible' with 'Trusting' and I'll answer with 'Very much so."

Perceptive is a better word. There are many other ways to define 'Intelligence'.

In only a few cases, yes.

I wouldn't say that I am. ((He is...))

He is already dead.

How I can better be there for a friend.

For awhile, it wasn't. Things change though.

Intent.

I want to be the shoulder for people to lean on, the pillar of strength they can go to and feel safe, secure.

Nothing. We wouldn't get to where we are now by forgetting a mistake.

which discouraged?

The exchange of culture should be encouraged, especially with the Pandaren. As for something to discourage, I would say all the gold spent on war efforts. It can be put to use elsewhere, especially with this 'treaty' I've heard about.

potentially dangerous?

Haven't heard anything concerning.

Someone else.

You need to be prepared to handle and deal it. I am not.

No.
polartech.deviantart.com

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » April 1st, 2014, 7:01 am

((An OOC note first! This bleak view on everything isn't normal for Niala. Once she's better, I'll probably do another of these for her normal optimistic nature! :D))

The wilds, Solarity (My animal companion), home, and those dear to me.

Arrogance, blind faith, emotions, and... love.

Yes.

Loving parents.

She was kind. Did everything she could for me.

Had a temper and couldn't control it well. He cared for me, but couldn't show it well.

7. What are your favorite pastimes?
Spending time with those dear to me. Studying the arcane. Fighting on the front lines. Those are normally some of my favorite pastimes, but... lately, I have nothing. I only try to keep it together.

There is no single person, but... those who have most changed me... Probably those I have loved since my kind joined the Alliance. If it weren't a person, my answer would be very different.

Only with those I love. If that's met, then I'm always ready.

We follow under the High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind. We worship our goddess Elune.

I worship Elune and heed the words of our High Priestess. Elune is very important to me.

We are led by the High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind and through his relation to our High Priestess, Malfurion Stormrage. We live in a rather open society, but we are distrustful of many new things due to our past experiences in new things such as the events leading up to the Sundering.

Tyrande is a good leader. Malfurion has some potential, but he has made grave mistakes that take away much of my respect for him.

...As of late... “In the end, you're all alone. In the end, there is only agony.” I think... it used to be along the lines of “Live it to the fullest.”

...There's nothing tangible I want. I only want my torment to end.

I wish it were physical. No.

I had extensive education among my people before the Sundering. We had universities.

Hatred. Disgust. Anger. Betrayal. False friendship.

My work within the Alliance. My missions as an ambassador. My aid to the front lines. My recent work in the arcane. Nothing else.

Being a nuisance to everyone near me.

Myself.

I like it. I like cooking it. Someone else may poison it.

Those dear to me. Nothing else. Often not even them.

Horror. Betrayal. My death. The death of others.

Losing myself to the whispers.

Small things now. Sometimes I lash out. Sometimes I talk back. Sometimes I simply stay quiet. It depends on how unreasonably angry I am.

It depends on the issue. Sometimes I feel betrayed. Sometimes proud. Sometimes annoyed.

Probably my mother.

Extremely. I'm a huntress. A beast master.

Usually I don't bother with being methodical if I can get away with it. If the situation demands it, I can be very methodical.

Losing myself. Cruelty to others. I'm sure I have others, but cannot think of them at the moment.

I am from before the Sundering. I have done immense amounts. I have seen lands that now lay below the sea.

Right now? Trusting anyone. Or trying to at least. Overall, fighting on the front lines in Northrend and other campaigns.

Now, I try not to be. Normally, I try to be selfless.

Very much so. Seeing as love comes hand-in-hand with torment, it is much to my regret.

No. I am a nuisance. Everyone wishes to be rid of me.

For better or worse, I can see a potential for massive influence.

A race does not have purpose. Only individuals do.

In some ways I am. In others, I wish I were.. I wish I could draw and I wish I could paint.

I enjoy them greatly. I will live without them. I'm a huntress.

Try to live. Try to find happiness. Try to find love that doesn't end in torment.

Normally, I am very idealistic.

...I'm not sure these days. I think I normally am when I'm serious. Though, I'm optimistic.

In many ways, very. In others, I am pitiful.

Betrayal. Refusal to ever place trust in me. Lack of loyalty. Lies.

Paranoia, anger, weak will, and my emotions.

When I am relaxed, I can be quite gullible. When serious, not very.

Very. May not always seem it.

Sometimes.

I have been told I am quite attractive by more than a few people. In fact, during a game of Hearthstone earlier today, General Katelle Larmont of the Imperial Military said I was quite attractive and even asked me if I'm normally as “inexplicably hot” as I was during our game.

If there is no choice, yes. I don't intend to die if I can help it. I feel there are methods to ignore mortality. I'm more useful to causes worth dying for if I'm alive. Though, as of late, I feel as though ending my torment might be worth death. I'm... not sure.

Losing myself to the whispers. Losing those I love.

Very. Very. Little. Perhaps those I love.

Perspective.

Kind. Trusting. Loved.

The ideas that float through my head. Also, the idea that warlocks are all rude or evil. Suffering is all their path has. Don't add to it.

which discouraged?
Peace should be encouraged. Distrust should be discouraged.

potentially dangerous?
Blind faith. Hidden leadership.

Everything.

I prefer to avoid it. Sometimes, it must be used.

I have none. I want some. I need someone who loves me and can be devoted first.

RiktheRed21
RiktheRed21
RiktheRed21

Brinnea's Response

Postby RiktheRed21 » April 1st, 2014, 9:43 pm

The color blue, the crunch of fresh snow under my feet, walks around town, and books of adventure and magic.

People lacking empathy, injustice in any form, disrespect, and my inherent nature to kill as a death knight.

Not particularly, I blame my father for that, although I do have a few fairly fond memories of my mother, and only one or two of him.

The night my mother took me away from Father. He came in drunk, as usual, and demanded a warm supper. My mother was reading to me, as she often did, and told him to wait or make it himself. He got angry and used magic to strike her, leaving a burn under her right eye. It was the first time he’d used his spells to hurt her, and the first time I managed to use a spell of my own. I froze him in place, and we packed and left as quick as possible.

She was the warmest person I’ve ever met. It fit her hair, really, that long tangle of wild red often reminded me of a cozy fire in our hearth on a winter’s night. She was the real parent to me, and inspired me to do the work I do today.

He was a vile drunk and an abusive mess of a man. I would be lying to say he had no redeeming qualities, though; he wasn’t always a drunken mess. When I was quite young, he taught me to read so he could teach me magic. He would point to the heroes of stories and tell me I could be as great as them. That was always his fascination, being great and wealthy and well-loved. That’s why when the reality set in that he wasn’t as respected for his deeds in the Second War as he thought he was, he lost his way. I regret not being able to save him, but part of me is just glad I haven’t seen him since my mother and I left.

Practicing with my swords and reading diversionary books.

My mother, quite clearly.

I haven’t given it much thought since I became undead. After that, the urge never came to me again.

As a human, most of my people believe in the Light, but as a member of the Twilight Empire, I know people of varying faiths and degrees of practice.

Not particularly important, although I have some memories of Mother taking me to the cathedral in Gilneas or the chapel in our hamlet outside Andorhal. She was very religious, but since she died, I haven’t thought on it much.

My people are of the Empire. We are organized into two main branches, the Citizenry and the Military. As a soldier, I have no official power, and must follow the instructions of all officers.

I respect and obey my officers to the letter, and encourage others to do the same. I trust the Empire enough to put my faith in them.

All deeds should lead to the ultimate good, as in, peace and prosperity for all people, especially those who hate me.

((The line is a messy scrawl of crossed-out words)).

I previously had my vocal cords cut, so I communicated via telepathy for a time, until I received special treatment for the wound.

Minimal, mostly reading and writing. My husband, Parigan taught me a few things he’d learned from his own education. I wished I’d had the chance to learn more about magic before my death in Gilneas.

Recently I’ve been wearing my armor almost all the time, to improve my stamina. The gear is rather vicious-looking and my own demeanor is usually distant and cold, so I can come off as anti-social. I’ve tried to open up as I used to, but I’ve always been a shy person.

((Another line of scratches, then)); Doing my duty for the Empire.

My lust for death as a death knight.

Disappointing my peers or being responsible for their downfall.

I miss being able to taste it. I don’t even feel satisfied after a meal since I became undead.

Unfortunately, fighting and killing.

((The line is left blank))

Failure.

Disrespect for my officers and friends. I tend to jump off the handle a bit, but I’ve improved my self-control quite a bit since my conversion to being a death knight.

I do my best to make it positive.

My mother.

In fair shape, largely thanks to being an undead and lacking for pain.

I plan everything before acting, except when my bloodlust takes over.

I used to have the ability to enter people’s thoughts. I toiled a long time in isolation to get over my power addiction, as well as my bloodlust.

I’ve been all over the Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, and Pandaria.

33. Describe a situation in which you behaved courageous.
I don’t care to boast, but I suppose there have been a few times where my passion could be considered courageous.

No.

I try, but life hasn’t made it easy.

No.

I try.

As a human, I try to make the world better for humanity, but my work extends to all races.

I’ve never picked up a brush.

Besides some people I can’t live without, I don’t get attached.

Much the same, working for the Empire to see the world improve.

I use my ideals as a starting point for all my actions.

I take everything I can into consideration, but I don’t let what people tell me is impossible get me down.

Not very, but I still live and fight for what is right.

Selfishness, need for power, murder for the sake of self-benefit, and thievery.

My bloodlust, my tendency for gullibility, my lack of education, and weakness that slows me down.

I can be easily tricked by a superior intellect, but my equals find me a challenge.

Practically intelligent, but I lack book-smarts or formal education.

Only in particular circumstances.

I’ve had compliments for my red hair and pale face of fine complexion, but I don’t find myself anything to boast about.

Love is worth it, as is peace for many, or for those greater than myself. I’ve seen many a valiant hero or heroine perish to save others they loved or respected beyond measure, and they’ve all passed on with peaceful minds or even smiles on their faces.

Dissention and betrayal.

Seeing when my work has actually put people in a better state of life.

Good can be felt and dealt, we all know what feels good for us, although empathy is a developed skill, not one we are born with. Evil can be felt and dealt in much the same way, but it is about taking, whereas good is about sharing.

A fearless follower or wise leader.

Prejudice and hatred.

which are discouraged?
Empathy and humility.

potentially dangerous?
Pride and nationalism.

Every person has emotion, and lives. No one should want war, but many times they are forced into it, which is why killing should never be encouraged, even as a last resort.

It cannot be truly justified without infringing on someone else’ freedom, but sometimes it is necessary.

((A few fainter scratches appear under the last question. In trembled script, two lines are written)): Her name was Hong. She had the look of my mother.
"I am the Night!" -Brinnea, Rikthered, Cynthya, Orgog, Kazarak.....

Alarassa
Alarassa
Alarassa

Postby Alarassa » April 3rd, 2014, 11:03 am

My daggers, the last rasp of a dying man, blood, the color black

Questions. Play nice. Fine. Intrusive questions, complex contracts, pirates, goblins.

Wonderfully happy. Don't lie to the nice people. No, really. It was very happy. You're a psychopathic killer with a mysterious voice in her head. Doesn't mean my childhood was unahppy. What was it? Daddy issues? Mommy? We're getting there. Did you even read the whole form yet?

No. Come on, tell them! No.

She was a lovely woman. A Sentinel, quite devoted to her work and to me. I never truly wanted for much of anything in my youth, and growing up in a military family gave me quite a lot of early exposure to combat training.

I never really knew him. You know how druids are.

Work.

I call her Falore. Even though I'm not your sister. Does it matter? You're closer than any sister would ever be.

It is what it is.

We follow the Goddess.

I follow the Goddess.

Prior to what your kind call the Third War, we were a heavily matriarchal society. The men were mostly druids, and they resided in the Emerald Dream. As such the High Priestess was left to lead us, and the women were left to handle everything. Now the men have returned and they are slowly reintegrating into our society, even taking positions in the army.

That would not be proper to discuss.

Everyone's ends eventually.

Another dagger. Don't you have enough? One can never have too many friends.

No.

Plenty. As was said, my mother was a Sentinel, so I had plenty of early exposure to combat training, which has served me well through life.

I often hope they don't react all.

Pass. It's no fun if you don't brag about things! No.

Shame is for other people.

... Pass.

Food is food.

Work. Blood, blood! Shut up.

Tea and crumpets. And murder and death! Mostly tea and crumpets.

Pirates. And guards. Mostly pirates.

There are many things which draw my ire, but very few that I would bother to act upon.

Pass.

I could swear we did this one earlier. It was me, wasn't it?! No.

Extremely.

Very.

I have none.

More than most.

None come to mind. There was that one time you didn't kill the guy and told your employer to stuff it. That wasn't courageous; that was just good business. Oh right! Because then your mark gave you more money to kill the other guy! Exactly.

Yes.

No.

No.

What would be the point of living if your actions had no impact on the world?

I have no thoughts to offer.

Define art. Yes, does painting the walls red with blood count? Subtle as always, Falore.

I like them.

The same as my plans for right now.

Somewhat.

Very.

Extremely.

Greed, blood, archaic attitudes, impatience. What was that middle one? Archaic attitudes?

Swords, daggers, axes, polearms. I think the question meant things you didn't like about yourself. Then they should word it more clearly.

No.

How intelligent do you think I am? You have a voice living inside your head. That means I might be insane, not that I'm not intelligent.

The only way the end gets into a person is through the means. I think that was meant in a philosophical sense. I thought my answer was very philosophical.

Very.

Of course. We kill people for lots of reasons!

Pirates. And getting caught! Pretty much just pirates.

So many things. The rush of blood when we slit a throat! So very many things.

Gold.

I am who I want to be.

No comment.

57. What changes taking place in the world as you know it should be encouraged, which discouraged?

I thrive in chaos. Peace is bad for profits.

58. What ideas now popular among the people you know do you consider potentially dangerous?

None.

How to sail your ship through bad weather. A mark's schedule, where he will be and when. Nice, predictable targets.

*Laughs*

No.

Draxonicar
Draxonicar
Draxonicar

Postby Draxonicar » April 6th, 2014, 12:56 pm

-Brevity
-Wit
-Magic
-Reading

-Breathers
-Necromancers
-Cripples
-Alliance

-Yes

-Birth

-Pretty
-Liked

-Handsome
-Liked

-Pain
-Suffering

-Me

-Unnecessary

-None

-None

-Solitary

-Indifferent

-Apathy

-Everything

-Undeath

-Expensive
-Indifferent

-Jealousy

-Myself

-Others

-Nothing

-Unnecessary

-Killing

-Nothing

-Idiots

-Breathers
-Violently

-Violently

-Me

-Ghoulishly

-Very

-Ignorance

-Lots

-Dying

-Yes

-No

-No

-Yes

-Winning

-Not

-Unnecessary

-Existing

-Not

-Very

-Very

-Alliance
-Breather
-Stupid
-Weak

-Failure
-Morals
-Inaction
-Failure

-Not

-Very

-Always

-Morbidly

-Nothing
-Dying

-Myself

-Death

-Winning

-Powerful

-Mercy

which discouraged?
-Power
-Weakness

potentially dangerous?
-Stupidity

-Everything

-Enjoyable

-Many
-Undead

Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » April 10th, 2014, 12:51 am

Breaking stone. Smelting, and pouring molten metal into a form. Tempering metals with blows. Polishing metal to a brilliant luster

Politics. Sycophants. Boasters. Traitors. Those are the four stages of the nithing's path.

Very.

Once, I left a wooden toy battleaxe in the yard behind our family quarters. Mother found it and brought it to Father. He seized me by the throat and lifted me into the air, where I kicked and strangled without relief. He beat me in the face with the wooden axe until it splintered and broke, and my face was torn and bleeding. Then he told me to never, ever abandon a weapon in the field again. It means that one is disarmed, and an enemy could find your own weapon and use it against you or one of your comrades. He dropped me to the ground unconscious. I was left there to recover by myself and make my own way back to our quarters.

She was observant, attentive and loyal. I respect and love her. She is dead now.

He was caring, thoughtful, nurturing and strong. I respect and love him. He is dead now.

Scouting. Planning. Preparation. Execution.

My father.

Good.

I am no longer sure.

I will go to the ancestors with honor. Honor is all.

My race: poorly and deceitfully. My clan: with determination and honor.

I will live to see the ravens glut themselves on Vol'jin's rotting face! I will laugh as they jab their beaks at the sky, and his bleary eyes and wormlike lips drop down their throats!

Endure. Prevail.

My second; my heart.

Coughing up pus and black blood; a shortness of breath.

If the Horde wanted me to have an education, the Horde would have issued me an education.

I don't think about it. I do what is needed. Nothing else matters.

Time with my Comrade. Defending Orgrimmar, my race and my clan.

Promoting one traitor and trusting two others.

They have all been realized. Now there are none.

Rations are necessary.

A secure perimeter. A female comrade. A low burning, hot bed of coals to warm the hands and spirit.

What might have been.

Thinking of what I should have done.

Obstruction. Obstructions must be destroyed.

I take care of my own. Nothing and no one else matters.

My father.

I am too old and scarred to be an athlete. I am a soldier, and good enough.

Very.

Compromise. Despair.

More than you.

I and my comrades defied the Horde, the Alliance and Garrosh Hellscream on the same black day.

No.

As my father loved me, so I love my comrades. Others do not matter.

No, nor does it matter. Do you think I am some elf?

Perhaps.

To endure, to rise, to prevail.

Good enough.

Quality weapons, armor, uniforms and rations are important to achieve the mission.

That is classified.

I am not.

Enough.

I am still here. My enemies are not.

Lies. Slander. Backstabbing. Running away.

I am too sentimental, trusting, talkative and old.

That is classified.

Almost enough.

Of course.

I am not.

Yes. Blue eyes that match the sky. A red crest waving in cold gusts of wind. Glints of gold on armor at the top of a red mesa. A heart as hot and pure as molten diamond in the heart of a volcano.

My clan.

Discipline. Purpose. Triumph. Loyalty.

There is only victory or defeat.

I am he.

Dependence.

which discouraged?
Strength, independence and honor should be encouraged. Trust and obedience for the Horde's unworthy leaders should be discouraged.

potentially dangerous?
Peace. Cooperation. Submission.

That is classified.

It has its place.

No. Would that I did, and that their hair was red, and their spirits bold and free.

Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington
Thomas Jarington

Postby Thomas Jarington » April 10th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Thomas "Thom" Jarington - TwinSeas Trading Company

1. List four things you like very much. Having fun, sailing, good conversation (especially with the ladies) and tasty beverage

2. List four things you dislike very much. Rules, regulations, red tape and haughty know-it-all guards

3. Did you have a happy childhood? For the most part, until it ended quite abruptly

4. Describe the incident in childhood that you think most affected you.Being sent to goblin slave mines

5. Describe your mother and how you feel about her.Beautiful woman. Caring, loving and more than likely a noble

6. Describe your father and how you feel about him.Solid man. A baker and damned good one. Practical, yet intresting

7. What are you favorite pastimes? Conversations over a beverage or two, sailing the seas and carving troll tusks

8. What person do you think has most influenced you?Dashaun Spero, former Captain of the Stormwind City Guard - now deceased

9. How do you feel about sex? Fun and a worthwhile venture

10. What are your people's religious beliefs? Whatever they choose them to be

11. How far do you go along with these beliefs, and how important are they to you? Live and let live, so long as they don't try to convert me, it's all good

12. How are your people organized and led? Monarchy

13. How do you feel about the leadership, and how important is it to you? Too much red tape and authoritarianism. The Guard should be more friendly

14. What is your philosophy of life?Either Be good or good at it, and whichever you choose - have fun doing it

15. If you could have any tangible thing in the world you wanted, what would it be?Freedom. Oh an object? A golden egg laying goose. No, a private island with said geese in residence.

16. Have you any physical difficulties? Not that I am aware of. No complaints, either. ;)

17. What kind of education have you had, and how did you feel about it?Wordly education. Being a slave tends to teach all sorts of lessons about life

18. How do you think other people react to you as a person?MOST people like me. Except the Guard. They tend to think I am a pirate. All because I run a trading company. But they're guard - A word synonymous with idiot and buffoon.

19. What are you proudest of?my solid friendships

20. What are you most ashamed of?Not getting Spero to like me

21. What is your deepest fear?Being put in charge of a massive trading company. Oh wait. ::Sigh::: my worst fear has come true

22. How do you feel about food?Useful, especially when wooing ladies. Being a good chef is quite helpful in such endeavors.

23. What makes you feel good?Anything fun. Things that are not fun make me sad

24. What do you dream about?Being free of my realized worst fear

25. What do you try hardest to avoid?Having my ships confiscated by the Guard. Again.

26. What makes you angry? How do you react when you're angry? Stupid laws and useless regulations. Ah, well, I get angry

27. How do you react to your people's relationship with the world around you?Do whatever, so long as it doesn't harm me or my friends

28. What one person had the greatest affect on you as a child?Vincent Moryarti

29. How athletic are you?Fit as a fiddle and lithe as a cat

30. How methodical are you?Ah, hmm. Methodical. I strive for creative, in the moment solutions. Those are the best methods.

31. What are your chief taboos?Magic. Avoid it at all costs. Unless it's useful, then bring it on

32. How much traveling have you done?Seen a few places. I own a global trading company. That should say it all

33. Describe a situation in which you behaved courageously.Answering these questions? Oh, I jumped in to save Shana when she fell off my ship and into the bay. I was quite courageous then. Clumsy lass.

34. Do you see yourself as a self-centered person?ME? Of course not. I am as humble as humble can be.

35. Do you see yourself as a loving person?Yup. Very much so

36. Do you see yourself as a popular person?Ah, maybe. People like talking to me, though Spero didn't. But he was a guard, therefore an idiot and buffoon. His loss.

37. Do you see yourself having a potentially important influence on the world?Not really. I just do what I do, though if we controlled all of the beverage supply, that would be important

38. What is the purpose of your race?To live? Rather dumb question, if you ask me

39. How artistic are you?I'm a good chef. I can cut a fine f'ger, make a ship dance - ladies too. Good enough

40. How do you feel about material things?Important. If not, they would immaterial and therefore, not important

41. What are your plans for the future?To retire on a private island with my golden egg laying geese. Oh, an a fully stocked liquor cabinet, too. A vault, even

42. How idealistic are you?too generic of a question.

43. How realistic are you?realism is for philosophers. Boring ones.

44. How successful are you?At some things, good. at others things, not so much. I cannot cast magic (thank the light) so I am not successful at that. I can sail a ship.

45. Name the four things you object to in other people.Ah! WHINERS. I hate whiners. Complainers, too. Same thing, different ideology. Rule followers. You know the type: by the book or it doesn't happen. Backstabbers. Snitches.

46. Name the four things you object to in yourself.I'm practically perfect in every way. Well, maybe if I could fight like a monk. I like the way they move. I object to my lack of Monk-like ability

47. How gullible are you?I can when I want to be

48. How intelligent are you?Just a drunken sailor. How intelligent is that? :D

49. Does the end justify the means?unless it is not honourable. Based upon my own definition of honour, that is

50. How attractive are you physically?Just shy of god-hood

51. Do you believe there is anything worth dying for? What experiences led you to this conclusion?We all die, so if you choose to do so, go out in your own way. Make it worthy of song

52. What do you worry about the most?Being stuck as a commodore of a trading company and never having fun again

53. What makes life worth living for you?A good drink, with good company and a good laugh. If you can't laugh, why live?

54. What is the difference between good and evil?All a matter of perspective.

55. What kind of person would you like to be?Me, but with less responsibility

56. What ideas in the history of the world as you know it should be forgotten?Laws effecting the movement and distribution of goods. .

which discouraged?The drink that appeared in Redridge was a good thing. It created a fun and lively atmosphere. True, it was 'supposedly' addictive, but the only trouble came when the Guard stuck their nose into the situation. People died, disappeared, etc.

potentially dangerous?Regulatory control of products are incredibly dangerous.

59. What do you think is worth knowing?The entire contents of the Stormwind City Guard's files.

60. How do you feel about violence?I abhor violence. Have a drink, instead.

61. Do you have any children? Describe them if you do.HA! Children? well, none that I know of. Although, there was this Night Elf once... Nah.
Thomas Jarington & Co.

Hardkandy
Hardkandy
Hardkandy

Postby Hardkandy » April 12th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Animals. Fresh bread with butter and honey. Listening to rain fall while lying in bed. New keys.

Being touched. Mud. Paladins. Charcoal that won't light.

I...I think so. It wasn't horrible. We lived above the inn where my parents worked, the Sun's Dawning. I had time to play, even a little bit after I started helping out in the kitchen.

(shifts uneasily) Arthas. I wasn't a child, really, by then, but I wasn't an adult, either.

She was a lovely woman; she ran the kitchen. Her hair was the same color as mine, but her eyes were grey. She would read to me when she could, when i was very small. She made me dolls, and my clothes. She'd feed the inn cats. She died when the inn was destroyed.

He worked in the stables for the Sun's Dawning. He was quiet, and aside from my mother and me, I think he liked horses better than people. (small laugh) Maybe I come by it naturally.

Experimenting with alchemy. Looking for old things. Listening to stories.

Tezkali. I wouldn't be here if not for her.

It's horrible.

Blood elves praise the Sun and the Light. Tezkali has her spirits and loa.

The LIght's not important. The loa are.

The Regent-Lord leads blood elves. The Warchief leads the Horde. I think... Vol'jin...? Is the Warchief? I think I heard something like that...

It's not.

i don't think I have one.

A pet.

I forget things sometimes. There's a -- a blackness that comes over me, and when I come back from it, I don't remember what happened.

My mother taught me to read and write. I had alchemy training. The Forsaken in Undercity taught me how to pick locks.
I liked it all. I like learning new things.

I don't think they notice me.

(small smile) Venomspite.

The fire in Booty Bay.

Winding up in another situation like the warehouse. I'll die before I let that happen again.

I've been fainting-hungry enough to appreciate it. I'm a decent cook.

Playing with little animals. Lying under a tree in spring on a sunny day and hearing the leaves rustle. A cool bath after a long, hot day -- plenty of those in Stonard! Feeding Ottis. Killing Twin Seas Trading Company people.

I don't remember my dreams.

Attention. Flirting. Guards. Paladins. Occupied buildings that aren't supposed to be occupied.

Seeing anything caged. Being shorted payment. I tend to fix both these situations.

(blank stare). I.. don't understand. ..do you mean the fights with the Alliance? I don't think those will ever end. I think life would be easier if they did.

... Him.

I dance along rooftops and skip down trees.

Not very., these days. I get...distracted.

Hurting animals if I don't have to. Owing debts. Being alone with men.

More than I wanted to. I thought traveling was glamorous and exciting when I was little...

Killing him. He was a paladin, he was powerful and he had stopped me so many times before. Even though he was asleep, the night candle had burned down to its first mark before I picked up the knife.

I guess so... maybe? Maybe not?

In a small way.

Oh, no, never!

Maybe...if I can kill Jarington.

(blinks) We have a purpose?

Not very.

I like them a lot. I collect things that catch my eye, mostly itty-bitty stuff -- gems, little bottles, tiny chests. You know. Like that.

Help Tezkali with her herbals. Killing Jarington

Not at all.

I don't know. lMaybe half and half?

Not nearly as much as I want to be.

Cruelty to helpless things. Lies. Slavery. Refusal to take my "stop flirting with me and go away" hints.

I'm too weak. I should be stronger; I should be able to fight with a sword as well as daggers. But I can't. Laziness; I don't always do what I'm supposed to. Depending too much on Tezkali. I'm not brash enough to be a real rogue, I think.

Depends on the situation. In some, not at all. In others, very much so.

Average.

Yes.

I don't know. He said I was "on the pretty side of plain."

I would die rather than be trapped like I was in that warehouse.

That bounty on my head.

Tezkali. Other people's pets. Hearing the picks turn right in the lock.

I don't know. People would say I'm evil. I don't feel evil.

A happier one.

...undeath. If the blackness I suffer from is in any way related to it.. (shudders)

which discouraged?
I think the fighting with Alliance should stop. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

potentially dangerous?

I don't know how to answer this question. I don't talk to people about such things.

Lots of things! Alchemy, and what plants to use when, and how to appease the loa.

It has its uses.

No.

Login  •  Register