Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.
Fantomas
Fantomas
Fantomas

The loneliest RPer ever known.

Postby Fantomas » August 15th, 2014, 9:16 am

This post is for myself. Just some stuff I want to put out there. Don't feel obligated to read it. This whole post is pointless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings readers,

My RP experience has so lonely, but I've also made a few friends along the way. I joined Ravenholdt in September of last year to begin my journey on a new character, but after some time my interest shifted to Emerald Dream and server transferred my Orc there to join an Orc RP guild, things were good for a time but not what I expected to be. I quit playing Fantomas for awhile to do more Orc RP, but grew tired of it until Ripgut and the Blackrock clan transferred. I always wanted to play Blackrock and this was the perfect opportunity, so I left my old clan to join them, but I was betrayed by one of their members, and he openly mocked me after some timeless isle suffering he stole my blood coin. Now I seek revenge, and Fantomas is now my full time project, and Blackrock as well.

Writing:

I was working on a writing project here, the NC-17 Omnipotent Verses story, but unfortunately I felt like I needed to stop because I felt it was becoming too graphic, and I hate summer. April was the last time I posted on it and it's because it's not the right time to write those types of stories. It's not fun, it's not the right weather for Fantomas RP. Summer and Spring is for the Warriors, Paladins, Monks, Druids and lovers, Winter is for the Death Knights, Rogues, and Mages. Depression is a must feeling, darkness must take over again. It's a cold world. The verses must be complete before the opening of the black portal....again.

Current RP status in-game:

As a lover of the night Fantomas often travels to dark places. There is one certain area I've been enjoying lately and my attention has turned toward a certain group of people (Players). You may know who I'm referring too, maybe not, but a twisted story-line may emerge with another guilds help. And it depends on the terms and conditions of our RP. Even though Fantomas' intentions are malicious I can guarantee that I'm very excited about a positive RP opportunity that may emerge. When Fantomas tries to bomb people like, Fauxpaw and /y [Insert random threat of terror] it is just a ice breaker and my way of mixing the pot. In-character wise nobody would know who it were unless there were a guard that actually caught me, I'm only 84 so my stealth shouldn't be that...stealthy...

Future plans:

Avant-Garde RP/PVP Videos
RP-Stalking in-game...and waiting for the right moment.
Storylines: As a one man guild it's boring working alone, so I do enjoy interacting as an outsider with others
The Wraith of Duskwood: currently under development.
New Bio - Certain changes have happened in-game that would not tie into my original RP story and will be re-written.

Night Elf Mage: Coldworld - I created a new character a frost Mage named Coldworld and I'm working on a whimsically storyline for this mage, somewhat influenced by Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen) story involving high elves, arcane power/frost, freak accident leads to fusion energy joined by dark matter and the manifestation of my character. This also ties into the storyline of WOD and the complicated story of time and space being changed in this alternate reality. If blizzard can play back to the future then I can make a creative storyline that this mage will live by. If anybody would be interested in invite this toon to a guild then be my guest and advertise your group.

Wolfley
Wolfley
Wolfley

Re: The loneliest RPer ever known.

Postby Wolfley » August 22nd, 2014, 5:05 pm

I could have sworn I saw you around Twisting Nether before the merge. Are you not the Rogue that follows people around and randomly threatens them?

Fantomas
Fantomas
Fantomas

Postby Fantomas » September 7th, 2014, 8:39 am

Yes Wolfley, Ravenholdt was a more ideal place for me RP-wise so I transferred over.

Wolfley
Wolfley
Wolfley

Postby Wolfley » September 7th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Oh cool! Well I am very glad you found a home that fit.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » September 17th, 2014, 11:12 am

Fantomas wrote:And it depends on the terms and conditions of our RP.

I'm curious -- how do you go about establishing these 'terms and conditions'? I think most RPers agree that taking action against characters that would naturally result in some kind of major effect upon those characters without consulting their creators/players beforehand is the big no-no of roleplay. How do you go about avoiding this?

Julilee
Julilee
Julilee

Postby Julilee » November 6th, 2014, 12:25 pm

LEGION wrote:
Fantomas wrote:And it depends on the terms and conditions of our RP.

I'm curious -- how do you go about establishing these 'terms and conditions'? I think most RPers agree that taking action against characters that would naturally result in some kind of major effect upon those characters without consulting their creators/players beforehand is the big no-no of roleplay. How do you go about avoiding this?

I'm a little late to this thread, but this is a good question. In all my years roleplaying, I've observed that IC conflict can very often lead to OOC conflict. This causes people to decry "not separating the two", but that's actually an unfair expectation – to a degree.

Of course you should be able to not take what happens to your character personally, but we're all attached to our characters, and the stories we're telling. They're our creations, our artwork, a form of self-expression. If someone came up to my painting and started drawing on it without my consent, of course I'd get upset.

A counter argument might be that in roleplay, there's a tacit consent given to be subject to others, though; and I can respect that opinion – but I don't agree. Unless you simply don't care about other people enjoying themselves, you're obligated to obtain others' consent before doing anything to change their experience. This includes initiating any sort of hostile encounter, whether a literal fight or just a snobby put-down. You don't know if the other person really feels like exploring a negative reaction by their character, and you're not somehow entitled to it regardless.

You should always, always communicate OOC during a potential hostile encounter to ensure the other person is on board. Because if you don't, you're as good as saying you don't care how they feel – so is it really surprising if they get upset OOC?

P.S.: All instances of "you" here are used in the general sense. I don't know anything about you all!

Login  •  Register