Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.

Time: Poll ended at September 7th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Poll: "Where shall the setting of the channel be?"

Lion's Pride Inn
0%
World's End Tavern (Shattrath Tavern)
25%
Inn in Darkshire
13%
Booty Bay
44%
Pig and Whistle (Tavern in Stormwind)
19%
Total votes : 16
LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Re: Remote RP Channel, /join Hearthstone

Postby LEGION » August 5th, 2014, 9:50 am

Cross-posting from the TNG:

I think we should at least try to decide if this is going Alliance-only. I know that Horde folks can't join the channel from a horde toon, but there's nothing to say they couldn't join the channel to RP from an ally alt as their horde toon. If the setting is firmly in Alliance territory, then it may be fair to assume that "No Hordz Alloud". And I agree that the correlated physical location is important as well. People like to have places they can dress-up and GO to and see/be seen. I've seen several suggestions (including my own) and there are no changes to the poll, so I'm not sure whether that will be updated or not. Taverns on the whole are easier, because they are often near flight points and similar things, so that people are not as limited in going to the physical site based on their level etc. I'll throw in Shattrath as another option, because Warlords.

Also, sorting the name out sooner than later is better. The longer people use /join Hearthstone, the harder it will be to change it. (And if that's the plan, then I'm on to you. ;) ) If the Hearthstone guild people want to step forward and offer an opinion officially, I encourage them to do so. They are easy enough to get in touch with if they're not already reading these posts. I, for one, am reluctant to accept silence as consent. So if it will make things cleaner, I can contact them and see if they will let us know what they prefer.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 5th, 2014, 2:18 pm

To address the first point, Ooly, I am trying to figure out how I'm going to approach making a new poll. I can't see a way to edit the current poll and TNG only allows a poll to be created 2 mins after thread creation from what I saw. Do be sure, I am taking into consideration all the locations for when I figure out the poll situation. I was mainly waiting to give time for people to make more suggestions.

On the second point, I am not waiting to change the name due to the difficulty in changing it later. People should know by now that I'm not an underhanded person like that. I've been spreading word on the temporary channel namely to get the knowledge that it's being made out to people. When it comes time to change channels, I'll be sure to personally notify every person I see in the old channel of the name switch. I'm waiting to change the name until I know the setting of the channel. The name will be different depending on the location. Stop worrying so much about the name. I promise I'll speak with the guild before-hand if I were to decide on Hearthstone being a permanent name. Give me some credit, Ooly. :P

Oh, and on the Alliance only part, that also will depend on location. I would rather like a place that would allow Horde to show up in the channel as well. The voting will be the deciding factor in the end. If more people vote for neutral than Alliance, that will be the deciding factor. I came up with the Legerdemain as an option for exactly that reason.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 17th, 2014, 6:28 am

Sorry for any who may be waiting on an update for this. Meant to get to it earlier this week. Been busy with stuff I need to get done since I'm going back into college soon. I'll update soon. Before Monday, hopefully!

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 18th, 2014, 7:35 am

Okay, so the locations are going to be in the next poll. All mentioned. I have to create a new forum post for this at the TNG, but the setting will be decided in that poll. I allowed quite awhile for suggestions, so this will be final for the moment. Can't make a poll in a forum post more than once, nor edit it it seems.

The Post with the final poll is as follows:
http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?23065 ... !-Vote-now!
GO NAO. VOTE.
Last edited by Niala on August 18th, 2014, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » August 18th, 2014, 11:05 am

Am I the only one getting linked to 'Birth of a Villain'?

Kiraleen
Kiraleen
Kiraleen

Postby Kiraleen » August 18th, 2014, 11:47 am

LEGION wrote:Am I the only one getting linked to 'Birth of a Villain'?

Nope. Forum being wonky, perhaps?

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » August 18th, 2014, 11:55 am

Weird. Yeah I managed to find the post by hunting around the site. This is what I have:

wow-tng.org/showthread.php?23065-The-New-Remote-RP-Channel-Setting-Poll!-Vote-now

Edit: Was really torn between Darkshire and Pig & Whistle.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 18th, 2014, 9:36 pm

The heck? Go home, site, you're drunk. Lemme edit.

Fixt.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » August 18th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Yay!

And ermagherd! Neck and neck between Darkshire and Pig&Whistle!

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » August 26th, 2014, 4:14 pm

So, Niala it's been a week. Do you want to make a decision based on that feedback, or do you want to run another poll for any of the locations that received more than one vote? I believe that would be:
  • World's End Tavern (Shattrath Tavern)
  • Inn in Darkshire
  • Booty Bay
  • Pig and Whistle (Tavern in Stormwind)

Login  •  Register