Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.

Time: Poll ended at September 7th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Poll: "Where shall the setting of the channel be?"

Lion's Pride Inn
0%
World's End Tavern (Shattrath Tavern)
25%
Inn in Darkshire
13%
Booty Bay
44%
Pig and Whistle (Tavern in Stormwind)
19%
Total votes : 16
Niala
Niala
Niala

Remote RP Channel, Final-est Vote

Postby Niala » August 2nd, 2014, 10:14 pm

Final Revision: The votes are in! The Remote RP channel's setting shall be in Booty Bay! /join Salty in order to join the channel.

New Text: This poll will be the FINAL vote on the Remote RP channel. I am creating yet another due to people requesting the ability to change their votes and due to the fact that I finally figured out how to create a poll on the Sanctum. It is also created because the previous poll had many options which received no votes. This will be the absolute final vote. I am setting an end date a week from the 31st of August. It will automatically close voting then and this will be the end of it. Please read all the forum posts so far if you can be bothered in order to make the best choice possible. Thanks.

Original Text:A bunch of us Twistinholdters got together and made a new channel. It can be accessed with /join Hearthstone. This channel will be used for Remote RP. Simply put, it will be to an in-character channel where we can post as though we were in person on our characters. The setting is tentative. Any ideas not in the poll? Lemme know your ideas! I'm open to feedback. This poll will decide the setting of RP in the channel.

I created a poll on the Twisting Nether Gazette. That is TN's RP forum. Due to the B.Net wonkiness of RH as of late, I made it there to ensure everyone could view the topic. You can access the poll by going here:

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?23059 ... earthstone

I would like for all RHers to vote there to help decide the setting of the channel. If you have any new ideas for the setting, shout em at me! Thanks all!
Last edited by Niala on September 8th, 2014, 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Re: Remote RP Channel, /join Hearthstone

Postby LEGION » August 3rd, 2014, 9:51 am

I put in my ten-cents worth over there. I did ask whether it occurred to anyone to let the Hearthstone guild members (if they are around) decide where THEIR tavern should go? Either that or it get called something else out of deference to them.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 3rd, 2014, 2:19 pm

I'll once more make this statement. This is NOT their tavern. The name is tentative. This doesn't even have to be a tavern. This is just a channel for remote RP. We're merely deciding on a location for the channel to be set in.

Myaka
Myaka
Myaka

Postby Myaka » August 3rd, 2014, 3:50 pm

Even if it isn't their tavern, or even a tavern at all, we are still using a name that they got started. If it does end up being a tavern then that may cause confusion if for an example, we decide to use the Recluse as the location of the Remote RP, but they still want to try to keep the Hearthstone going in the Lions pride.

Whether you intend it to be the tavern or not, using their name could cause confusion, and I don't think its out of line to ask for their thoughts on where it would be. Especially if we do end up with some type of tavern RP.
Battletag: Myaka#1873 feel free to add me! If your tag is different then your character name say you are from the sanctum.
Alliance: Myaka(Main), Mervic, Surina, Dundhane(Emerys Dundhane)
Horde: Fleetmane, Kirand.

Kiraleen
Kiraleen
Kiraleen

Postby Kiraleen » August 3rd, 2014, 3:55 pm

The thread on the TNG sounds like the discussion is of a place called the Hearthstone.

That aside, though, it is a guild's name, which is the cause for confusion. "Hey, we're making a channel called Twilight Empire! No, got nothing to do the guild, we just like the name."

How about Touchstone as an alternative?

Myaka
Myaka
Myaka

Postby Myaka » August 3rd, 2014, 4:25 pm

I like touchstone! I have a vote for that.

And yes, Kiraleen illustrates my point pretty well. No matter what the channel ends up being, we should make sure we don't step on the guild Hearthstone.
Battletag: Myaka#1873 feel free to add me! If your tag is different then your character name say you are from the sanctum.
Alliance: Myaka(Main), Mervic, Surina, Dundhane(Emerys Dundhane)
Horde: Fleetmane, Kirand.

Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » August 3rd, 2014, 6:04 pm

I'd opt for plain 'Tavern', and keep it generic. It is then Any Tavern.

Tirien
Tirien
Tirien

Postby Tirien » August 3rd, 2014, 7:07 pm

Or we can call it "World's End, a free house" because the Sandman graphic novels are kick-ass and it would be a hilarious (and accurate, if it's just for remote RP from anywhere) nod to it.

Or just "World's End".
polartech.deviantart.com

Lukar
Lukar
Global Moderator
Lukar

Postby Lukar » August 3rd, 2014, 8:33 pm

World's End was the last attempt at a channel like this. It was set at World's End. Go figure.
Purveyor of Alternate Moral Choices

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 5th, 2014, 5:02 am

I, personally chose the name Hearthstone as a tentative name due to the fact that the item in the game called a Hearthstone is iconic of WoW A few others wanted the name of the channel to be this due to nostalgic reasons. I should have made it clear in the posts, but the channel name is tentative. It was merely spur of the moment in order to get people joining the channel. Please keep the focus on the actual concept and the location rather than the tentative name. We'll discuss the name of the channel later once we actually create the setting. One thing at a time, all.

Another thing of note, in the TNG post, I asked about the setting of the channel, not a tavern. This does not necessarily have to be a tavern. Taverns just seem to be the most popular concept. Others are deciding all this, not me. I am merely coordinating people's brainstorming.

Login  •  Register