Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post threads about various roleplaying topics. It is also the place for companion threads to ongoing RP and for RP event planning. Well-written guides pertinent to a good portion of the community will be stickied as reference material.

Time: Poll ended at September 7th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Poll: "Where shall the setting of the channel be?"

Lion's Pride Inn
0%
World's End Tavern (Shattrath Tavern)
25%
Inn in Darkshire
13%
Booty Bay
44%
Pig and Whistle (Tavern in Stormwind)
19%
Total votes : 16
AieraArcher
AieraArcher
AieraArcher

Re: Remote RP Channel, /join Hearthstone

Postby AieraArcher » August 28th, 2014, 4:15 pm

If I could put in my two cents. I've been on RH for a year and I haven't joined the Sanctum for now, so this should say -just- how important to me this is...

Darkshire first and foremost to me the home of the Knights... While we welcome all RPers there and love to see the Tavern busy... It's kinda (to me at least) a little hurtful that instead of coming to Darkshire to RP that people rather just make a channel to RP as if they were there. Why -actually- come to Darkshire when you can just use a remote channel?

As the 'home base' of the Knights, the RP could create a continuity mess if important things happen in the channel that would be known among the Knights, or vice versa, as the Knights IC chat is a remote channel based in The Raven as well. And to be honest, it would really make me feel obligated to be in the channel on every character to play bartender every night when I don't really want to. (Viv's still looking for a second, btw :-P) XD

I know to some of you this probably sounds like whining, and well it kinda is in a way... I would love to see a remote RP channel, just some place other than Darkshire. >.>

Booty Bay would be a good location (from the list here) or even the Pig & Whistle, but my ultimate reccomendation is The Lions Pride, simply because we can't -actually- RP there anymore. We can RP in all those other places in person, but CRZs havve unfortunately taken away the orriginal Hearthstone from us.

LEGION
LEGION
LEGION

Postby LEGION » August 28th, 2014, 5:49 pm

How were you planning to reconcile important things happening in the 'actual' tavern that aren't happening in the Knight's IC channel and vice-versa? I guess I see that as being a similar conundrum, no?

The whole point of any remote RP channel is to allow people who are unable to go to a world location to RP in a fixed 'place' where they can gather. If you would rather that people take their RP business elsewhere, I can certainly understand that. But it may be that they will take their avatars to that other location as well when they are able to travel to an open world location. (And why not? one can convey everything in a private channel that can be conveyed through complex emotes and such. So the only thing that is lost is the open world RP viewable to people in that location. If Blizzard would come up with some way for people to choose multiple channels to write to at the same time, that would be awesome and would eliminate that last obstacle IMO.)

Anyway, it seems like the RP channel thing is stalled. No word from Niala, so this may be moot.

There are pros and cons, any way you look at it (assuming you might view a competing IC tavern as a 'con').

AieraArcher
AieraArcher
AieraArcher

Postby AieraArcher » August 28th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Can't really RP in Goldshire though anymore though, which was why I suggested it. And while yes I understand that reconsiling the things may be an issue in other taverns as well, the frequent use of The Raven makes it more of an issue than others. *shrugs*

The idea of having it be a created tavern, A random one in Stormwind or whatever, would eliminate the issue all together though and to be honest would probably make a lot more sense as it's a remote channel. I will admit I didn't read through all the posts, if that had been mentioned before I would like to support that idea instead hah.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » August 30th, 2014, 5:24 am

Sorry for the lack of contact for a bit on this! I'm going to continue with the next step Saturday or Sunday. Been a super long week at college with work as well. I wrote it down on a post-it note, so it'll be soon, promise!

Also just figured out how to create polls on Sanctum. The next one will be here. Wish I hadda noticed this ability sooner.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Re: Remote RP Channel, Final-est Vote

Postby Niala » August 31st, 2014, 6:05 pm

NEW POLL UP. EXPLANATION IN THE ORIGINAL POST. VOTE NOW. 7 DAYS TILL THE POLL EXPIRES. CAPS.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » September 8th, 2014, 12:21 am

IT IS DECIDED! The RP setting for the new Remote RP channel is Booty Bay! /join Salty if you want to join. We'd love to have you. :D

Lenah
Lenah

Postby Lenah » September 8th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Yay! Booty Bay! I'm happy it's neutral too.

Niala
Niala
Niala

Postby Niala » September 8th, 2014, 5:30 pm

I'm super happy it's neutral as well! I'm gonna enjoy harassing people as a blood elf.

Login  •  Register