Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post one-author stories taking place in the past. For stories following characters in current events or ongoing RP, please post to the Alliance, Horde, or Cross-Faction forums instead.
Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Re: Lost on the Road of Noble Intent [Closed - R]

Postby Twinflame » May 5th, 2014, 9:57 pm

"Leave it to a human to not even appreciate when an Orc awaits permission." Qadr's fists snapped open like a chunk of ice shattering in sudden heat. The spell that had been waiting was unleashed in a fast, violent moment, that slid outward with unsettling silence and stillness. It was violent like a breeze over a misted harbor, breaking smooth clouds into a maelstrom, but doing so unnoticed, a whisper without breath. Drops of condensation ran from the gem on Qadr's head down the bridge of her nose like clear, cold blood from a concealed wound.

From the direction of the audible server, a number of small bodies approached, fur wet and sandy. They moved cautiously and stopped away off, four cats coming just into sight and stopping among a small stand of weeds. They sat and watched, curious.

Qadr spoke suddenly, "This was not an isolated incident." Her face turned northward, in the direction of the barn many miles away. The mist that had gathered around the gem on her head began to disperse. "That place had been used before. The troll was protecting the ritual at the cost of her life."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 5th, 2014, 10:39 pm

"Yeah, no shit," Naunet muttered, digging her claws into the leather wrapped metal of her mace's hilt. "If y'took just one look in there you'd know she was up t'no good. Fuckin' blood and..." She spat dryly in disgust.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 5th, 2014, 11:39 pm

"I have seen all of these things, now." The Orc was somber, the frustration she had been showing earlier having fallen away. "If I went to that place with my sight intact, I would see far more than you would be able to. If I went there now, I would see very little, as my sight fades." She turned her gaze back towards the coast, towards the cats huddled near the weeds. "This will take more than a day's investigation, but I must begin by recovering the goblin."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 6th, 2014, 12:06 am

Naunet let out a huff of air through her chest that rattled and growled in unnatural ways. "Yeah. Good luck with that. I'm gonna go find what the hell she did with my friend."

She stood, knocking the top of her mace against the sand once in annoyance, and glared around a moment. The kittens gathered in the grass nearby confused her for a moment, but - as she had tried to make plenty clear - she had more important things to worry about.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 6th, 2014, 1:08 am

Qadr huffed, keeping her senses focused on the undead woman for a time. The Orc almost asked what Naunet meant, to keep up an air, but she had already seen what the woman's concern was. When she had looked into the Captain, she saw the Tauren for whom she was concerned, the man who had vanished into the mountains in Mulgore, from whence came the troll they had followed. It was a good avenue of investigation, and she would just as soon let Naunet get to it.

The Orc turned away from the Captain without word, walking towards the cats that sat nearby. She would use them to help her find Krazratchet, if they were useful for that at all. If not, she may have to return to Orgrimmar and send another to search by more traditional means. With every step she took, her senses diminished, and soon she would be nothing but a blind mage, with no reagents left to compensate for her condition.

Login  •  Register