Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post one-author stories taking place in the past. For stories following characters in current events or ongoing RP, please post to the Alliance, Horde, or Cross-Faction forums instead.
Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Re: Lost on the Road of Noble Intent [Closed - R]

Postby Twinflame » May 2nd, 2014, 2:01 am

The Orc's tight purple clothes did nothing to keep out the wind, and the briny chill of the beach. Her sleeves dangled open, rolling against her thick wrists int he wind. As the Captain of the Outriders writhed and cursed in the sand -- not unlike a spitting cat -- Qadr's upper lip moved in distaste over the white fangs that protruded from her mouth. She did not feel any fear of the woman, though her dormant wards simmered under her skin, eager to be summoned. "You were sent here to find out what Krazratchet's purpose is in this place. I have already seen much of what occurred through the eyes of another, but I would have your report while the bodies are still warm and the coals still glow."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 2nd, 2014, 2:14 am

"I don't report to you." There was clear resentment, in her tone, in her twisted features. The Arm of Kalimdor had done nothing to endear itself to Naunet, in fact had treated her and the other Outriders with nothing but suspicion, and it rankled her to have this orc ordering things from her like that.

Letting loose her mace upon another body was far too tempting. Naunet bit down, grinding her teeth together until she could hear the bones in her ears creaking. Then she spoke, voice stiff and gravelly, "Hell if I know - protectin' some fucked up magic. Y'can go see for yourself. I've got better things to do." The last sentence lashed out of her like the crack of a whip. Better things, like keep looking for Qa'chena, because she really didn't like thinking about what might be happening to that giant oaf after seeing what Ju'uzau had been up to in that barn. The Arm of Kalimdor could go stuff it.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 2nd, 2014, 2:49 pm

"You are a warrior of the Horde. I could send you to the Arm to answer for your fraternity with members of Alliance races and you would need to go. I will overlook that in return for your indulgence." The ground beneath her emitted a strange crackling sound and the sand bulged outward, turning white, frosting over as the water in the sand froze. The humidity around the orc hardened and compressed into a sparse could of white particles. The crystal on her head iced over and shone. "Just hold still for a moment and you won't have to answer any questions."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 2nd, 2014, 3:56 pm

She felt the chill through her plate-bound boots and let out a growl as her stance widened, her muscles flexing and posture dropping defensively. Tiny flecks of ice quivered in the air between them, and it took a great effort of will to not swing her mace around to shatter through them, to knock the orc on her green back and break whatever spell she was preparing.

"Ya don't come near me with that magic shit," Naunet spat, stomping one foot on the frozen ground. "I ain't no traitor, so y'don't get to treat me like one."
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 2nd, 2014, 4:11 pm

"You wanted me to see for myself, and this is how I see." The Orc's stance was trained straight, deliberate, but it was narrow and evoked no sense of worry or aggression. Mist poured from the gem on her skullcap. She spoke in a dry, biting tone. "I am being merciful, which is not something I am known for. From what I have seen, the Goblin and the Troll hurt only enemies of the Horde. Yet you attacked them. Whatever operation Krazratchet was conducting, you were instrumental in defending the Alliance from it. You can either suffer my inquiry here and now or suffer the fist of the Horde in Orgrimmar."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 2nd, 2014, 4:24 pm

The empty pits in her skull did not betray the way Naunet's vision darted around the orc, watching the crystallized water and the unmistakably magic-charged mist billowing around her. She bared her teeth at the frost, hefted her weapon threateningly. "Your Krazratchet attacked a lot more'n just Alliance," she ground out, voice like two stones wearing against one another, "And so did that batshit Ju'uzau! Don't you fuckin' accuse me a' turnin' when they're buildin' somethin' evil out here."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 5th, 2014, 1:29 am

"If I am wrong then I will see that by looking into you. It does not hurt." One corner of her broad lips twitched into a smirk, though it didn't seem to be a particularly happy one. "Are you afraid of my spells, Captain? You shift and snarl like a rodent threatened by a much larger predator."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 5th, 2014, 1:37 am

Naunet sneered at that, rolled her head until her neck cracked, and used the action to judge her surroundings for points of retreat and counterattack. The sand crackled under her heavy boots. "Yer pointin' who knows what kind'a magic at me. I ain't gonna be fond of it."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 5th, 2014, 7:14 pm

"I told you what kind of magic it is, Captain." Her hands balled into fists as though she were prepared to throw a punch. Her knuckles shed cold air, and the sand around her feet stirred as she caused a small, localized disturbance in the atmosphere. "Will you fight me over it? You are a soldier of the Horde under command. You will be forced to submit, either now or later on. I would rather know now what has occurred so that maybe I can do something about it."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 5th, 2014, 8:47 pm

The Forsaken visibly seethed at Qadr's words, reminders of that unavoidable chain of command that Naunet so chafed against. Superior bitch. It was becoming increasingly difficult to think coherently in through the resentment, but Naunet had enough presence of mind to at least consider one thing: what would Kiraleen do?

The answer was not easy to swallow.

"Maybe I would," she growled and slammed the head of her mace down vertically against the sand, pressing her weight against the handle. There was no negotiation in the Horde, however, especially not when it came to matters of security. Letting out an annoyed grunt, Naunet dropped to one knee and bit out a low, "Don't know why I can't just tell ya. I'll take yer legs off the second y'try anything funny."

Login  •  Register