Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post announcements and advertising for upcoming RP events. There is no set format for posting, but make sure to include a time and place to maximize attendance. Cross-realm events can be posted too, as well as events that might interest the RP community despite not being strictly RP events (e.g. breast cancer gnome race.) For events that might benefit from community input in its planning, feel free to start a thread in the Roleplaying forum.
David
David
David

[A] Tournament of the Golden Blade

Postby David » January 28th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Tournament of the Golden Blade

<An ornately decorated poster, bordered in a golden filigree, can be seen pinned to the board. In the center a elegantly gilded blade shines in the sunlight.>

Attention Citizens of the Alliance! David Vanias will be holding the inaugural Tournament of the Golden Blade on the twenty-seventh day of the month of February.

Prove yourself in a true arena of your peers in the Grand Melee! This all out, no holds barred, fight will have all combatants in the circle at the same time.
The Victor will be whomever is the last one left standing when the dust settles. At that time, drenched in blood and sweat, they will claim their prize of
thirty thousand gold pieces and a commemorative Golden Blade.

Not interested in showing your might in the ring? Sir Vanias will also be hosting a gambling pool. Place a one hundred gold bet on your champion and, if they emerge from
the fray as a Conqueror, you recieve a portion of the winnings split between all those who also placed thier wages on the contender.

Immediately following the Grand Melee, Sir Vanias will then be hosting a Race from Booty Bay to the Cathedral of Light in the center of Stormwind. Any mount that does not take
to the air will be admissible in the race. The first one to reach Sir Vanias on the steps of the Cathedral will receive a gold prize of five thousand gold pieces and also will receive
a commemorative Golden Blade as proof of their victory.

To finish off the night for those who feel they are not strong of arm or fleet of foot there will be a final event! Bring out your finest attire and square off against other
fashion forward people to show who truly is the best! Those taking part will be judged based on uniqueness and how well it flows together by a panel of judges. The winner will
also take home a commemorative Golden Blade as well as a ten thousand gold prize!

Events will start on February 27th at 7pm!

---------------------------------------

(( OOC Information ))

In an effort to promote some fun and good cheer, I'm hosting the Tournament of the Golden Blade on 2/27/16 at 7pm server. Each event will have a gold prize along with a little token
that can be worn by MOST classes to show off your win!

Anyone who wants to participate can take part in any or all of the events. So if you want to skip the melee and only take part in the Fashion Contest, you're more than welcome to.
On the same note, if you want to try and win all three events, I won't stop you!

Grand Melee - Prize: 30,000g
The Grand Melee will be held at Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn. It is an all vs all event with everything on the table. Potions, Food, and Special abilities can all be used.
(If you can use it in wPvP, I don't see why you can't use it to win a real fight!) If you are killed, you are eliminated from the competition and can join the audience in the stands,
the winner is whomever is left standing in the end.

Betting Pool -
The betting pool is simple. You put up 100g with the name of whoever you think will win. If they win, so do you! Prizes will be spilt among the winners. The more people who bet,
the bigger the pool!

Race - 5,000g
Simple enough, this is a race from Booty Bay to the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind's Cathedral district. To win you MUST ENTER THE CATHEDRAL! Stopping on the stairs does not make you a
winner! Only ground mounts can be used. Anyone caught cheated will be eliminated from the competition. Now, I understand some classes have abilities to boost the speed of their mounts
(Paladins for example), I understand this. However, due to the dazing mechanic that can effect you at any level, it levels the playing field a bit. Sometimes being in first just means you'll
be the first to be attacked by a random mob!

Transmog Contest - 10,000g
Please note this is a TRANSMOGRIFICATION CONTEST. It is not a "Go out and make a nice mash-up" contest. Your CURRENT armor must be Transmogged to your admission for the contest.
We will have someone checking everyone to make sure that this rule is strictly followed. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on three things: Uniqueness, Flow,
and Difficulty to Obtain.

I'm currently taking applications for judges (at least two others) so please contact me in-game on either David (Alt+0237) or David (with no accent marks) on the Twisting Nether server
by an in-game letter or whisper.

Hope to see everyone there!

Login  •  Register