Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post announcements and advertising for upcoming RP events. There is no set format for posting, but make sure to include a time and place to maximize attendance. Cross-realm events can be posted too, as well as events that might interest the RP community despite not being strictly RP events (e.g. breast cancer gnome race.) For events that might benefit from community input in its planning, feel free to start a thread in the Roleplaying forum.
Skylah Mac
Skylah Mac
Skylah Mac

Children's Day at the Faire

Postby Skylah Mac » April 24th, 2015, 8:26 pm

<The festive document can be seen hanging around major cities and their outlying villages. The text expertly written in a vibrant blue as if to protrude from the page. In the top left corner there is an image portraying a gathering of multicolored balloons; their strings to intertwine and stream downwards nearly half the page. In the opposite corner, an image of a sword crossed before a shield; the coloring to suggest they are the popular foam replicas.>

The time has come for us to once again show our community just how much we care. In mere days will Children's Week be upon us and with it the opportunity to make a true difference in someones life. Whether it be by mentoring, playing, or simply listening, it is up to us to be strong and care for those that are often forgotten. Looking into a child's eyes reminds us just what we have been fighting to protect all of these years and why we must continue to do so. I speak from experience when I say that helping the local orphanages has been one of the most internally satisfying experiences of my life. When we dedicate our time to aiding them, we see that it is not only their future that we have invested in, but ours as well. Through our nurturing and care can we help usher in a beautiful future for everyone.

So with no further delay, the Twilight Empire would like to invite everyone to our “Children's Day at the Faire”, it to occur at 6 in the evening on Sunday May 3rd. Though we hope that everyone will be spending much more than a day to help these children, we would like to extend the offer for everyone to ask permission from your local orphanage and bring a child to the Darkmoon Faire. Watch as their faces become alight with excitement and wonder at all the exotic offerings to be found! This truly is a wondrous way to end Children's Week, and I am sure it will provide amazing memories for each and every one of them. We truly hope to see everyone empty the orphanages and join us for a fantastic evening.

((OOC Details:

When: Sunday May 3rd at 6pm
Where: Darkmoon Isle; gathering at the food court initially

Event Details: Seeings as the Faire has many things for everyone to partake in, this is more of a social gathering to begin with, and after the initial grouping everyone is free to mingle as they please. The only thing asked is that you bring an Orphan with you to show them a good time. Eat, drink, and/or play, the Faire has it all. If for some reason you cannot have a child with you, perhaps a reason as to why that is would suffice. Maybe the Matron Mothers didn't trust you even though you have a heart of gold!))

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Re: Children's Day at the Faire

Postby Vionora » April 24th, 2015, 8:58 pm

[[ As a heads up, the Eclipse event may be ongoing at this time and location, depending on how long it runs. ]]

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Aerana
Aerana
Global Moderator
Aerana

Postby Aerana » April 27th, 2015, 7:21 pm

(( Thanks for the heads up, Vionora! We'll check out the Eclipse event and see what's going on. We definitely don't want to intrude or have a confusing cross-purpose conglomeration of RP going on! ^_^ ))
"It is all a balance."
~Aerana Dantay, Empress of the Twilight Empire~

Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » April 27th, 2015, 8:16 pm

(( May... So maybe not? Is the whole island reserved? Of course no one wants their reception by the porta-potties. Or Nurgle. ))

Vionora
Vionora
Vionora

Postby Vionora » April 27th, 2015, 8:31 pm

[[ Nobody tried to say the island was reserved or that other events were unwelcome, though I understand a dubious mindset could certainly read a simple "heads up" in that nefarious way. As I was preparing to message Aerana and Skylah to explain, the Eclipse event is one that requires substantial buy-in, so the two events could be, as Aerana stated, at cross-purposes should the groups interact. Since I don't want the Eclipse event to intrude either, I'll discuss with them how to ensure everyone we're setting up these events for has a good time.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood collaborator, Vionora. ;) ]]

Xaraphyne/Julilee/Filora

Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda
Sergeant Stonzgrinda

Postby Sergeant Stonzgrinda » April 27th, 2015, 8:35 pm

(( Private comms FTW ))

Aerana
Aerana
Global Moderator
Aerana

Postby Aerana » April 27th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Vionora wrote:[[ Nobody tried to say the island was reserved or that other events were unwelcome, though I understand a dubious mindset could certainly read a simple "heads up" in that nefarious way. As I was preparing to message Aerana and Skylah to explain, the Eclipse event is one that requires substantial buy-in, so the two events could be, as Aerana stated, at cross-purposes should the groups interact. Since I don't want the Eclipse event to intrude either, I'll discuss with them how to ensure everyone we're setting up these events for has a good time.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood collaborator, Vionora. ;) ]]

(( Oh yes, and this is how I took the heads-up! I didn't mean to imply that I thought you had reserved the Isle or that your post was nefarious. *Laughs*! I just wanted to make sure we were being respectful of your event because we know a substantial amount of planning went into it! Skylah and I will look forward to the PMs and figuring everything out!

And *bumps* for both events! ))
"It is all a balance."
~Aerana Dantay, Empress of the Twilight Empire~

Login  •  Register