Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of both the Alliance and the Horde, collaborative or otherwise. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
DeclanRavenholdt
DeclanRavenholdt
DeclanRavenholdt

Re: Eclipse: Curse These Old Bones

Postby DeclanRavenholdt » March 6th, 2015, 7:22 pm

The sun crept over the frozen peaks of Northrend before illuminating the empty peaks of Dalaran. The Reverend had just awoken and was preparing for his day. Being a Priest of the Light, he had ample access to many of the citizens of Dalaran putting him in the perfect position to spread the curse among the populous.

His day was long, but the rewards were immeasurable. Through blessings of those going off to war, to sinners seeking confession for their sins, he met with them all day. Quietly ensuring his own survival and their eventual deaths. By the end, countless mages had been infected, yet none were prominent members of Dalaran. Perhaps they were not followers of the light. Or perhaps they were just not interested in the Reverend's services.

After his final meetings, the Reverend slipped back to his room. Upon entering the room, one of his guards delivered a letter bearing the seal of the Cathedral in Stormwind. The Reverend was intrigued by the letter due to the fact that no one should know where he was. He quickly opened the letter and read it aloud several times.

He chuckled. "Seems the Cathedral thinks that I may be dead. Since my ship did not rendezvous when it supposed to, they are sending our search parties to try and find me. I will return in time. Though I will use this time of anonymity to my advantage. I will infect as many as I can til I am secure in the longevity of my own life. Perhaps my new mistress will have something for me as well." The Reverend thought to himself for a moment before sliding into bed.
Woldemar Steyer, The Blind Seer

DeclanRavenholdt
DeclanRavenholdt
DeclanRavenholdt

Re: Eclipse: Curse These Old Bones

Postby DeclanRavenholdt » March 8th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Another day of mingling among the populous had done its work wonderfully. He had infected another crowd of people had felt assured that he would not need to infect anyone else himself. He said his farewells, "blessed" a few more individuals, and made his way out of the city flanked by his entourage. Being that he was more energized, his ride to the coast where his ship lay at anchor went far faster then it had the night a few days prior. Before he knew it, he safe and sound aboard his ship sailing back to Stormwind.

Time passed and he found himself sliding back into the place he been harbored from so many storms. Stormwind had been a sanctuary from his enemies before, and it would be again. The Reverend knew it was only a matter of time before the events involving Vionora and this curse would come to light. As well as his own involvement in the affair. Now that his own curse had been taken care of, at least for a time, he had to focus on keeping himself secure. From now on, he wouldn't curse his old bones.
Woldemar Steyer, The Blind Seer

Login  •  Register