Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of the Horde, collaborative or otherwise. Alliance characters can participate too. If you expect roughly equal posting from both sides, please post to the Cross-Faction forum instead. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Re: Crossroads and Connections (R - past RP, closed)

Postby Twinflame » May 2nd, 2014, 1:44 am

"It's a dialect of Eredun," Dhein replied. "Best you don't try to read it."

"One flower's not even a sentence!" Aztal poked at the characters he'd drawn in the ground and chattered dense demonic syllables, reciting entire speeches in moments. "I'm not going back! You go on! Go on!"

"Hus about that or I'll send you along ahead of us, Aztal." The Blood Elf crossed his arms and turned his attention to Antimony, saying with utmost pride, "My present resources are fast dwindling. I'm afraid I've no more ability to acquire supplies for a southward trip. At this rate I'll end up a beggar in Orgrimmar, which is not a profession with many opportunities for advancement."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 2nd, 2014, 2:42 am

"It doesn't do us any good in that form, when we can't even read it," Antimony sighed, straightened, found herself looking south again without conscious effort. "Perhaps we should take this investigation... into the lab. Ah, so to speak." She didn't exactly own any kind of laboratory, but she could see the wisdom in breaking from their in-field efforts, at least for now. Dhein could do with some recuperating and she would love a chance to isolate the object of their attention to get a much closer look.

Chewing on her lower lip in thought, Antimony frowned at the hide wall and then at the etchings the imp had scratched into the ground. "Aztal, we'll need... all of that in something more legible. Take care of that while we retrieve what we can."
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 2nd, 2014, 2:26 pm

Aztal pitched to one side and then the other. "Stop using stupid languages!"

Dhein kicked dirt at the imp, "Aztal! Don't be insulting! Do as you're told!"

The dirt fell over the brief script that Aztal had drawn in the dirt, causing the imp to flail and redraw them in a panic, "Lose it! Stupid! Small letters!"

Kicking more silt at the tiny, tattered creature, Dhein turned to Antimony. "He's being petulent, but he'll get that work done so long as nothing else kills him in the meantime. What do you mean by taking this into a... 'lab'? It's been such a long time since I've done any magical studies, I can't fathom what you have in mind."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 2nd, 2014, 3:44 pm

Her pale brow knit together in discomfort. "Well, not lab specifically. I don't have..." She gestured vaguely with both hands, quirking her mouth in thought. "I meant, some place we can settle in for a time while I--we work out this mystery. Some place not on the road. Away from... Alliance patrols." A grimace pulled at her features, and she fidgeted, casting a wary eye towards the front of the tent. They certainly couldn't stay here forever either, and sooner or later someone would walk by and at the very least catch them with Aztal.

"If we can take it back to the city, we'll at least be able to study it in peace," she finished with a nod.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 2nd, 2014, 4:01 pm

"Take it," the elf repeated. "Take what? You mean to go in and take the flower from whatever druid has moved in to the area and abscond it for study in the city?" He'd tried to say that is a tone of friendly inquiry, but couldn't keep his incredulity out of his voice.

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 2nd, 2014, 4:15 pm

"Well..." Antimony twisted her hands together a moment, pursed her lips and then shrugged thin shoulders. "Yes." She added quickly, predicting protest, "You know they're only going to want to "cleanse" it, just like any priests that thief of a woman tracks down. I can't possibly risk such a thing! This is a valuable discovery."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 3rd, 2014, 2:09 am

"Risk?" Dhein leaned back, lifted an his eyebrows. He couldn't keep the incredulity from his voice this time. He gestured with his hands and spoke with a very clear and forceful tone. "It does need to be cleansed. It doesn't sound like a good idea to go handling magical, evil flora growing so close to the passage of the Aspect of Death. You might as well be asking to take samples of molten iron with your bare hands. Maybe if we were experienced mages-"

Aztal popped up and belted a few brief syllables of Eredun.

"I don't count, Aztal. I'm not equipped, and it's not Fel or Arcane, so we don't know what it's gong to do." He turned back to Antimony and said, "I don't want you having a nother episode like you did before."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 3rd, 2014, 2:59 am

"Obviously we would not touch it with our bare hands," Antimony wagged one finger in Dhein's direction. "Remaining here indefinitely is not an option, for reasons I think have been made quite apparent. Are you truly saying you would rather abandon this task? I will continue this without you, if I must." The yellow glow of her eyes narrowed. "... But I think I would prefer your company."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » May 5th, 2014, 1:27 am

"I never mentioned abandoning it. Most intensely, I would not abandon it given the current situation." For emphasis, he straightened himself out and flipped a hand through an errant lock of hair, though it was so dirty that it only moved to stick directly out from his head, and in the next moment he was undercutting the gesture by smoothing his hair down. "What I mean is that we should not pretend that we are any authority or even particularly knowledgeable in this matter. Not as though anyone else would be either, but, how are we to take this into the lab if we've no lab to take it into and, by the way, very few resources to get it to the lab. Or even so much as return for it."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » May 5th, 2014, 2:04 am

"I am not yet a pauper," she arched a brow at Dhein. "Not quite at least. I am sure I can afford at least a brief stay in Thunder--aah," she thought back to the unfortunate shenanigans at the tauren city with a wince, "perhaps that is not the best... well, Orgrimmar, then. I don't know if it would be smart to try and transport it across the sea, though I imagine the Undercity would be well equipped..."

She shook her head, aware she may have started rambling, and tried to reign in her thoughts to some sort of coherent conclusion, "My point being, that you look as though you could use a proper bed, but we still need more time with this anomaly. Unless you have an alternative...?"

Login  •  Register