Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of the Horde, collaborative or otherwise. Alliance characters can participate too. If you expect roughly equal posting from both sides, please post to the Cross-Faction forum instead. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
Kexti
Kexti
Kexti

Re: Silvermoon in Winter (Open)

Postby Kexti » December 13th, 2014, 1:04 am

"Oh yes. That's where I must've heard it. Incidentally, I've been saving some small ghostlands mint. Would you like me to blend some in to this tea while I wait for the water to boil? I've included some herbs to help cultivate warmth. I've known many priests. Do you use the holy light, or do you draw your magic from another faith? I'm particularly interested in the Soulbinding traditions of the Auchenai. Did you...happen to serve in Outland?"

Kex'ti rubbed a brownish-red mixture into the boar meat, and rested his staff against the cast iron stove.

"I haven't been on any missions with you. Are you just doing work here for the wounded, or does Ajanu not find your skill set...in line with his preferences?"

Kex'ti smiled.

"I apologize if that comes across as rude. I merely mean it as a question. How are you taking to Frostfire Ridge?"

Meia
Meia
Meia

Postby Meia » December 13th, 2014, 3:16 am

Meia blinked. "Oh, no, not rude, just a little surprising.: Someone's been starved for conversation. "And the mint sounds wonderful, thank you."

She watched him a moment, then added, "I follow the Light, yes, and use it. I go where I'm directed -- today I was told I was staying here, to give others a quick and dirty refresher course on triage." She quirked one corner of her mouth. "I was told by my mentors I had a knack for it." And for healing injuries of the mind and spirit, but that wasn't as widely accepted among many Horde.

She rubbed at the knothole with her gloved thumb. "IfCommander Ajuna has a problem with me, he hasn't mentioned it to me...You know, I wish we had table cloths. I know it's the Great Hall, but it would make it feel... oh, I don't... more festive? Winter Veil is around the corner."

Kexti
Kexti
Kexti

Postby Kexti » December 13th, 2014, 3:39 am

"The quick part or the dirty part? I've seen an witch doctor rub raptor waste into someone's wounds to set up sympathy with Earth spirits..." Kex'ti's face showed an ambiguous expression halfway between fear and amusement. "

"In any case. Tea's ready. Hope you like your boar rare. The weather out here keeps the meat quite tough, and cooking it any more makes it pretty difficult to chew. Honestly, I don't think I've sat down to Winter Veil proper in years. The Pandaren celebration was...something quite different. Do you have any way to spruce the place up? Cloth seems to be an alien concept to orcs. It's all fur and leather."

Kex'ti filled a cup with green, steaming tea and gently placed it next to a slab of red, spiced meat in front of Meia. He set his place beside her, and crossed his legs over the stump-chair.

"Winter Veil seems to be on your mind?" he queried.

Meia
Meia
Meia

Postby Meia » December 13th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Meia rolled her eyes at the mention of trollish healing rituals. She swore they worked -- when they worked -- in spite of such customs and the lack of basic hygiene.

"I believe I could come up with something... I can get ahold of cloth, but it's difficult. Felt, mostly." Kex'ti wasn't exactly correct. The Frostwolf shamans had something they called "hexcloth". From what she understood, its production was costly and time-consuming. She warmed her hands around the cup before taking a cautious sip, relaxing unconsciously at the tea's warmth.

"There's mageweave stashed away somewhere -- heard someone cursing about it being out of date for bandage material." Meia raised an eyebrow at Kex'ti. "Considering what else we've had to use for dressings, I don't believe anything goes out of date."

She drank again, collecting her thoughts. "Winter Veil..." she repeated. "It is that time of year.. but...to be honest..." She began cutting the boar meat into small chunks. "it's Silvermoon I miss. It's home, and I haven't been there in years." More out of fear of her family's continued rejection than anything else. Though she and Domme had made an uneasy peace after that ridiculous fight over Cerestal.

She popped a piece of meat into her mouth and chewed, nodding to Kex'ti as she swallowed. "Good stuff. Rare meat's not my thing, but this is an exception."

Kexti
Kexti
Kexti

Postby Kexti » December 14th, 2014, 3:06 am

"I find that some of the best experiences are exceptions. Perhaps..." Kex'ti looks away from Meia and fumbles in his satchel. "Perhaps Silvermoon has changed. But, for now, I cannot say I share your affection for the capital."
Kex'ti remembers staring into August Krown's glowing yellow eyes, and their frantic flight from Murder Row. He coughs, and places two leaves in a cross on the table. Mechanically, sprinkles powder at the conjunction. He wets the mixture slightly with some of the tea and rolls a ball, which he then swallows.

“I’m honestly not much of a weaver. Cooking is about the only practical skill I have.” He smiles to Meia. “I’m glad it’s one which is appreciated out here on the frontier. In any case, I could try and bake up some Winter Veil-appropriate snacks if you want to handle the decorations. Besides, mageweave is going to bring some much needed contrast to the rather…rugged aesthetics of the garrison.”

He mentally cross-checks ingredients he used back in Azeroth, and tries to think of how to make do with Rylak eggs and arrowflower. He sighs, and goes back to sipping his tea, fearing that he may have taken on the more arduous task.

“So, what brought you to Draenor? Have you been outside of Frostfire yet? I was in a scouting party to Talador. I want to sortie to the Spires of Arak, though. It’s too cold here, and I want to see what Arakkoa civilization was like before…well, before whatever happened to them on Outland.”

Meia
Meia
Meia

Postby Meia » December 14th, 2014, 7:04 am

Meia eyed his self-medication with interest. If he hadn't approached any of the healers, he was likely treating symptoms of something chronic. Offer help or no? I'll wait..

"No, I suspect I'll be in Frostfire until they need another healer elsewhere," Meia said, answering his last quest. "I was called up. It was a very polite letter, but it was a draft notification nonetheless." She took another bite before continuing.

"Mm. Can't say I share your opinion of the arrakoa. I spent a good part of my Outland tour in Stonebreaker Hold. I know they're not the same beings, but..." She shrugged at his raised eyebrow. "Oh, I'm not going to start slaughtering them to pluck the corpses for their plumage. Just ... a polite caution."

She raised the cup, studying it to give herself time to change the subject. It wasn't "savage"; she'd grown to hate that phrase in her time here on Draenor. Utilitarian ceramic. Undercity work, possibly.

"I won't pass by whatever baked goods you come up, with believe me," she said at last, with a small grin. "I'll see what I can manage. Still want to go back to Silvermoon, though." She drank deeply, her throat suddenly tight. "If I do, and there's a good party -- nothing wild, mind! -- I'll get you to it," she said on impulse.

Kexti
Kexti
Kexti

Postby Kexti » December 14th, 2014, 2:53 pm

He paused, feeling the uncomfortable nausea familiar to his medicine welling in his gut.

"I...May take you up on that offer. In any case, I appear to be on duty soon. If you want to keep me company on patrol, we can continue this conversation. Otherwise, I suppose I'll see you around."

He leaned against his staff and headed to his stables, considering a return to Silvermoon.

Meia
Meia
Meia

Postby Meia » December 14th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Meia waved goodbye as Kexti left. "Going to enjoy my rare unoccupied time." And wait to see if she could catch one of the mages wandering in. "Good luck on your patrol!"

She turned her attention back to her meal, rendering the pieces even smaller while she mulled over what she would say to the Field Marshal.

Kiraleen
Kiraleen
Kiraleen

Postby Kiraleen » December 14th, 2014, 10:10 pm

[NB: This post takes place a half-hour after the events of Kiraleen's first IC post]

Lady Starvale,

I would like to speak with you about a concern a fellow sin'dorei has brought to my attention. I will be at my office this evening to do battle with paperwork. If you could offer me a welcome break at 1900 hours, It would be greatly appreciated.

Sun guide us,

Lor'themar Theron, Regent Lord.

Unto Lady Kiraleen Starvale, greetings,

Your presence for tea this afternoon at four o' clock would be an honor. Please bring a sewing project; we do a bit of needle work.

Anu' belore delanah,

Dame Lucinia Cloudstrider Felwraithe

Kiraleen set both invitations down on her desk and rubbed her temples. The Regent-Lord was being far too casual; whatever political favor he wanted to call in wasn't going to be pleasant. And why was the Dowager of Felwraithe asking her to a sewing circle?

"I don't think I even have a needle," Kiraleen muttered.

"Needle!" Iantha echoed. She hopped her way from the foot of Kiraleen's bed to the stack of pillows at its head.

"Yes, sweet girl, needles. I suppose I should buy one. Or send Valda or Criswytha out to buy them." That she could -- and in some circles was expected -- to send her household staff out for small errands still felt... odd.

"And you, young lady, need real shoes."

Iantha shook her head, black hair a cloud as she shook her head vigorously. "No shoes! Hurt!" She sat down on the pillows and peered at her mother through her bangs. "Candy?"

"Maybe. If you're good and try on shoes."
Last edited by Kiraleen on December 15th, 2014, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldsworth
Goldsworth
Goldsworth

Postby Goldsworth » December 15th, 2014, 4:37 pm

A cold wind blows across Goldsworth’s face, the wind seemingly startles her back to her senses.
This feels like a bad dream.” She quickly looks at the palms of her hands, stained with orc blood and sewer ooze. “No...this, this clearly did happen.” She sighs heavily and walks to the Orb of Translocation. Deciding to use the Orb instead of teleporting herself to Silvermoon. She has always been one to use her magic sparingly whenever possible.

Instantly arriving in Silvermoon after touching the Orb, she promptly walks out of the Throne room to the guards standing outside. She salutes the guards and addresses them all at once “Hail Sin'dorei champions! I bring you greetings from the Undercity!” She bows humbly to the guards, keeping her eyes fixed on their faces to read their expressions.
There is not so much as a hint of concern on the guards faces. She smiles with a look of relief about her and strolls down the plush red carpet to the fountain.

Goldsworth drops to her knees and pulls out an old piece of Windwool cloth and begins soaking and washing her hands in the water. A pair of Silvermoon citizens walk by Goldy shaking their heads snobbishly. She drops her head in shame, turning her full attention to her stained hands. As she watches the ooze and blood begin to dissipate from her flesh she can not help but to reflect on what had brought her to this newest of low points in her life “Jenasis, my loving Sister in life, and in death my eternal burden...” Standing up she shakes her head while drying her hands on her windwool cloth. “The guards apparently have no concerns about the Undercity. Now to find Kira to see if she has heard anything, but first I need a drink!

Goldsworth goes to the last place in Silvermoon she would expect to find Lady Starvale.
The City’s tavern in murderer row. As Goldy pulls back the purple curtain adorning the entrance she is shocked to see Kira sitting by herself at the large dining table. “It is too late to turn around now without looking suspicious.” Goldsworth enters the inn as if she had owned it for years and greets the Field Marshal with sincere respect.

Kira is inviting and warm to Goldsworth. Instantly making her feel at ease. Kira proceeds to speak of the Convocations politics, Iantha, and Thaldis. Goldsworth enjoys the conversation so much she forgets her original motives for finding Kira in the first place...until;

Kiraleen says “I need to write Jenasis, see if she's heard anything.”

Goldsworth makes it a point to look completely unconcerned with the statement.
“You know I would for you. But I have my patrols..”

Kiraleen nods.

Goldsworth can not stop herself from prying “So, You wish to ask Jenasis if she has heard anything in the Undercity?”

“Yes.”

Goldsworth casually replies “It has been quite a while since I have been there, it would be nice to see it again. I will deliver the message for you.”

“Fine, I was going to tell her she can hire her *own* informants, if she doesn't like leaving Tirisfal. She's only one person. She can't be everywhere.”

Goldsworth instinctively defends her Sister “Jenasis is not the type to leave anything undone. She will do whatever it takes.”

Kiraleen tilts her head. "You sound as if you've known her a long time. How did you two meet?"

Goldsworth grabs heaping spoonful of mana pudding and takes a large bite.
She shakes her head while pointing at her full mouth.

Kiraleen looks a the bowl of pudding. "How can you eat that stuff so gladly? It's fine in a pinch, but.."

Goldsworth swallows and smiles cheerfully showing all of her shiny white teeth "Jenasis and I grew up together, didn't I mention that before? I thought I had."

“Not that I can recall. You're lucky you still have a friend from your childhood around.”

Goldsworth rifles through her bag looking around in it “In a way, I suppose...How can I not have a single drink in this thing?!"

Kiraleen chuckles “I started a tab here, though I'm not supposed to admit it!"

Genuinely Amused, Goldsworth smiles at Kira “I would never tell. I am going to get myself a little ‘sip’ of something.”

The ‘sip’ turned into many-many sips until Goldsworth had become drunk for the first time in her life. The rest of the night is somewhat blurry from that point on.

Waking up the next day Goldsworth squints her eyes trying to read a nearby clock “That went well. I got dwarf-faced in front of my superior.” She closes her eyes and rubs her temples “At the very least, I can’t recall any mention of that unfortunate orc.

Login  •  Register