Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of the Horde, collaborative or otherwise. Alliance characters can participate too. If you expect roughly equal posting from both sides, please post to the Cross-Faction forum instead. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Re: Something to Hide [closed]

Postby Twinflame » August 18th, 2014, 9:59 pm

"Acquiring the necessary items should be practically effortless, and I am quite experienced in constructing at least those of my chosen discipline. Do you know the delicate details of the process for crafting a focus of the Light, or..." He leaned to match Antimony's turn, trying to keep himself inn front of her. "Will we have to have one made for us according to specifications? I'm sure that would not be impossible."

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » August 18th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Setting her jaw, Antimony held her ground when Dhein moved again, though she kept her eyes on the plant. "I am no studied paladin," she began, trying not to think of their proximity, "but priests of Lordaeron used staves of solid wood, coupled with a stone attuned to the primary frequency. It should not be difficult."
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » August 18th, 2014, 10:17 pm

"Then I will acquire such objects while you remain and stare, transfixed, upon the subject of our mutual pursuit." then he leaned forward to kiss her. Lips if he could, cheek if he couldn't. He'd settle for the side of her head if had to.

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » August 18th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Antimony felt Dhein's lips against her cheek like a hot iron rod, and for a moment she thought she could almost sense the pulse of his living blood through them. She turned her head slightly in surprise and then froze. "That would be appreciated," she spoke carefully, as though afraid to move even another millimeter. "If Aztal returns in the interim, I will be able to perfect our specimen's new home."

Then she turned and lifted her head the remaining inch and pressed her own dry, cold lips to his before leaning back and making to bend down towards the plant. The back of her neck burned, but not from any increased bloodflow.
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunder storm. And these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » August 18th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Smiling and lingering for a moment, speechless in his happiness, Dhein at length released Antimony and stepped back from her. "I will return as soon as I can."

Moments after his departure, Aztal returned with a single handful of stinking mud, chittering on in Eredun about... well, who was to say? The mud was rife with small bits of organic material, mold and roots from other plants, and small earth beetles. He bore no explanation as to why he thought a single handful of the dirt would be enough. But he squawked pridefully and tossed it in with the plant as though he had completely repotted the plant with that simple gesture.

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » August 18th, 2014, 11:07 pm

"Aztal!" Antimony huffed, leaning back on her heels and frowning disapprovingly at the imp. "What is that? You brought barely a sprinkle of soil. Though at least it looks well-fertilized..." She sighed. "But regardless! This simply won't do. You must go get more."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » August 18th, 2014, 11:14 pm

The imp replied in a screeching word with too many syllables and that took long to say, before vanishing. He was still gone when Dhein returned

The Blood Elf with the glowing green eyes entered the room burdened by wood and metal. Long straight staves made of different kind of wood clattered together in one hand, and another hand carried a satchel that clattered with sounds of stone and metal. His smile broadened upon his entrance, light pouring over his shoulders and forming a halo at the top of his hair. "I am... Hrm. Can I say, 'I'm home,' now? And what do I call you? Love? Hun? Dearest? Ah, such a decision to make!"

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » August 18th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Antimony had spent the time between Aztal's second exit and Dhein's return watching the plant, studying the green curl of its leaves, the palpable aura in its shadows. Even just watching it was absolutely fascinating. Enthralling, even.

At Dhein's voice, and more specifically his words, she ducked her head slightly, blinking a haze away. "My name, perhaps?" Though she fought a twitch at the corner of her lips. Orgrimmar was not exactly her idea of "home", but this was as established as she had ever been since...

Letting out a short, useless sigh that rattled in her dry throat, Antimony unfolded her legs to stand and, with a hint of reluctance to peel herself away from the plant, turned towards the elf. She lost to the twitch in her mouth at the sight of him but quickly distracted herself with the items in his arms. "Oh good, at least one of us knows how to successfully fetch supplies. There are times I question your imp's intelligence."

Twinflame
Twinflame
Twinflame

Postby Twinflame » August 18th, 2014, 11:46 pm

"What? I've been calling you by your name ever since I met you. I don't want to choose an unworthy title for you, though. After all, any man will call any woman his 'dearest', and you deserve infinitely more affection than that." He leaned the staves against the wall, one of them notably dark in color. He sat the satchel down next to them, dropping to a knee over it and withdrawing a polished focusing crystal. he held it up to show it to Antimony. "Ah, what did Aztal do? Has he not returned yet?"

Naunet
Naunet
Global Moderator
Naunet

Postby Naunet » August 18th, 2014, 11:51 pm

Antimony crossed to room to stand alongside Dhein, leaning forward slightly to inspect first the crystal between his fingers and then the other contents of the bag. "Why he thought a single handful of soil would be sufficient for our needs is beyond my ken," she said of Aztal. "Ah, good, quartz should work nicely with the Light."

Login  •  Register