Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of the Horde, collaborative or otherwise. Alliance characters can participate too. If you expect roughly equal posting from both sides, please post to the Cross-Faction forum instead. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
Hardkandy
Hardkandy
Hardkandy

Hide 'n' Seek

Postby Hardkandy » June 10th, 2014, 7:56 pm

"What do y' do here?" Mockrabbit asked.

"A bit of this an' a bit of that," Tezkali answered, chuckling. "I skin, patch up injured an' sick. Hardkandy helps me wit that, a' times. Picks flowers, mostly."

"Mostly quiet here." Hardkandy smiled at Mockrabbit, ducking past him and Tezkali up the stairs and returning at a run. She held out a lump of meat, the skin crisped brown and crackling, to Ottis. The rabbit deigned to skewer the offering with his teeth, just missing Hardkandy's fingers. "Trade some at Booty Bay...." Her voice trailed off.

Mmm...seasonings! said Ottis.

Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit
Level: 0
Region: CN
Realm: Ravenholdt
Mockrabbit

Re: Hide 'n' Seek

Postby Mockrabbit » July 9th, 2014, 6:07 pm

'Boot'eh Bay' Mocrabbit thought to himself, 'why does t'at name seem familiar?'.

"Maybe you were there once before, you know, when you were a breather".

Tezkali looked at Mockrabbit with some confusion on her face. ' Was he talk'in to himself again, or was that Ottis?', the thought quickly flashed through her mind.

Hardkandy fed the last of the meat to Ottis as she rubbed his ear between her thumb and finger.

"Maybe" Mock said. He leaned his back against the wall as stretched a bit. A snapping sound filled the room as old dry tendons and muscle cracked when he straightened out his spine. His arms crossed and he turned his view out a nearby window. Every now and then something familiar would cross his mind as he had been to a place he had never been, or met someone he had never seen since his 'second life' began. His empty eye sockets seemed to stare off at nothing in particular for a moment before he gave his head a slight shake and turned his attention back to his hosts.
"Well is t'ere anyt'ing you two need a hand wi't. Help us get to know t'a area a little bit. Can't 'ave Ottis eat'in an' sleep'in in all t'a time. Makes him 'soft'".

Ottis perked his ears up and his dark round eyes glared up at Mock. "As long as I can stay ahead of you I'll be fine" he exclaimed in a dark tone.

Tezkali gave her head a turn. ' I'm sure that was the rabbit, but the voice came from Mockrabbit... this may take some gett'in used to".
Last edited by Mockrabbit on November 16th, 2015, 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"\[* 0 *]/" "\[ * x *]/" "\[* _ *]/"
http://mockrabbitart.wixsite.com/nick-louma

Hardkandy
Hardkandy
Hardkandy

Postby Hardkandy » July 14th, 2014, 4:06 pm

"Mm, the Bloodsails are making trouble again." Hardkandy gave Ottis' ear a final rub and rose. "Going after smaller ships, ones new to the trade down here. Some pestering the dwarves down in Stranglethorn, too, so I hear. "

"Where you hear that, girl?" Tezkali asked, her voice suddenly sharp.

"The hunters you patched up yesterday," she said casually. "Booty Bay's looking for help, too, they said. I can show you the Bay if you want," she told Mockrabbit. "After I do my hair." She tugged at her left sidelock with a sigh. "So tired of being a blond."

Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit

Postby Mockrabbit » July 16th, 2014, 11:17 am

Ottis moved close to Mockrabbit and turned his head upward, staring at him for a moment. Mockrabbit nodded.
"She'll send fir us when t'ere is new ord'rs.".
Mockrabbit and Ottis looked towards Hardkandy as she continued to grapple with her hair. "Sounds like a plan, maybe we can watch the corpse walk the plank!". Ottis lowered his head and began to scratch the side of his face.
Mockrabbit bent down and picked up the fur ball. "Sounds like a problem fir t'a 'breath'rs'".

Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit

Postby Mockrabbit » November 3rd, 2014, 2:12 pm

They had been sitting at the table for some time now. The server hadn't bothered to stop by in the last half hour after disagreeing with her 'tip'.
" Drink plenty of water is not a tip".
Mock looked at his companion sitting on the table next to an empty plate. He hadn't really touched his beer, he really only had it out of some habit that he couldn't explain. It's not like a corpse could taste it anyhow, nor benefit from the buzz alcohol provided. Besides, most of it just spilled out the side of his slack jawed mouth.
" A tip is a bonus fir except'nal service. She call'd me 'stinky'".
" She's not wrong".

Hardkandy
Hardkandy
Hardkandy

Postby Hardkandy » November 5th, 2014, 10:29 pm

"it's still not right," Hardkandy protested. Tezkali snorted.

"I told ya, I add anymore, ya gonna be sorry." She opened the inn's door. "Ya look fine. Go see your guest, eh?"

Hardkandy hunched her shoulders in apology, and ducked under Tezkali's arm. She could still smell the henna. It didn't look... it didn't look natural. Too bright. She had wanted it darker. Later, maybe.

She bounded up to Mockrabbit's table. "Sorry it took so long. There's wyverns to Booty Bay leaving soon, if you don't want to go by foot."

Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit

Postby Mockrabbit » November 6th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Mock pushed his chair back from the table and stood up, scooping Ottis with his left arm.
" Well, t'at's w'at all t'a fuss was about" he said looking at Hardkandy's.
"It looks great!"
Hardkandy rubbed Ottis head with her palm.
Mockrabbit moved around the table and faced the door.
"It's not bad, not bad at'll. I suppose we s'ould take t'a flight, it'll be fast'r".
"Unless you have an 'accident' and fall off".
"I'll be sure to grab a furry cushion to land on if t'at happ'ns".
Ottis looked up and stared at Mock. Mock stared right back at him.
"Stinky".
Hardkandy can't help but grin.
They head through the door and towards the flight master.
Last edited by Mockrabbit on November 16th, 2015, 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hardkandy
Hardkandy
Hardkandy

Postby Hardkandy » November 13th, 2014, 2:39 am

"Have you been to Booty Bay before?" Hardkandy hefted the roll of finished skins off the the windrider and slung it across her shoulders, adjusting the strap of the herb bag. "These need to go to the leatherworkers and the apothecary, but after that, I'm free to do what I want."

She hoped Mockrabbit hadn't made any set plans during their flight from Stonard. She was nervous about being back in Booty Bay. Not quite afraid, but... nervous. That the bounty on her head had not been revoked, she knew.

She had missed her visits here. She was always more comfortable in cities than anywhere else. Stonard was decent enough for an outpost, but so small. She felt a growing happiness, despite the danger and risk.

Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit

Postby Mockrabbit » November 19th, 2014, 12:40 pm

"I can't say t'at I 'ave" Mock said to Hardkandy. "T'is place 'feels' a little familiar but Ottis an' I 'ave not been 'ear t'at I can recall'. It was an odd sensation that Mockrabbit or Ottis would experience from time to time, dead memories from a different life.

Ottis slowly circled Hardkandy's feet. "Maggots on his brain...", the white ball of fur turns it's head up towards Mock, "..and they're starving". Hardkandy tried to suppress a chuckle. Mock made a weak attempt at a kick to the rabbit and missed, as expected.

"We'll go wi't ya, t'at way we can see w'at's w'at 'ere. Would'nt want anyt'ing to happen to t'a mouth piece t'at keeps follow'in me around".
Last edited by Mockrabbit on November 16th, 2015, 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit
Mockrabbit

Postby Mockrabbit » January 14th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Ottis darted in between the feet of the busy walk ways.
" EH! Watch it furball! Ya want me to smear ya all over the walk!?" A disgruntled goblin hollered after almost tripping over the rabbit.
Ottis paid him no mind and kept looking in every nook, sometimes stopping briefly to wolf down some forgotten produce that he happened to find.
"This place is a buffet! A stinking rotten buffet that smells like a boot, but a buffet none the less!". Ottis belched, almost too loud for a creature his size.
Mockrabbit was busy surveying the buildings, looking over the faces that passed. He was not used to being by the sea. The humid air loosened his leathery skin just a little. Judging by the look on the faces of some that he passed he guessed it had also enhanced his aroma. The walk creaked at times as they stepped on the swollen wood. The ships in the harbor were a pleasant sight.
"Maybe I s'ould stop and git an' eye patch" Mock exclaimed.
Hardkandy looked over at him, one eyebrow raised. "Thinking about becoming a sailor, or a pirate?"
"Nah, not'in like t'at. It'd make me look dis'tinguish'd I t'ink, t'at's all".
Ottis stopped his darting a couple yards ahead of them and stood on his hind legs. "Why not just get some glass googly eyes and a captain's hat. Nothing commands respect like a googly eyed corpse in part of a uniform".
Last edited by Mockrabbit on November 16th, 2015, 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Login  •  Register