Ravenholdt RP Sanctum Azeroth Press The Twisting Nether Gazette Wowpedia
Forum rules
This forum is used to post any stories following members of the Alliance, collaborative or otherwise. Horde characters can participate too. If you expect roughly equal posting from both sides, please post to the Cross-Faction forum instead. For stories taking place in the past, please post to the Backstories forum. For projects that might benefit from one, feel free to start an OOC companion thread in the Roleplaying forum.
David
David
David

[A] A Cog Stamped Tome

Postby David » July 17th, 2015, 9:33 pm

<The leather-bound tome sits on the nightstand bathed in the moonlight. With dust dancing in the glow, trace amounts of mold on the leather and rust on its iron bindings belying its age. However, despite its decrepit state, signs of recent use can be seen.>

Entry 1
Edwin feels it would be a good idea for me to start keeping a journal. Some nonsense about helping my memory and, in-turn, improving my inventions.
I have no idea what he’s talking about. Except for a few explosions, my inventions all work fine! It’s not my fault that stupid gnome lost his hand. I told him it was a prototype!
This is ridiculous. I’m done writing and going back to tinkering. See? I made an effort, sir!

David
David
David

Re: [A] A Cog Stamped Tome

Postby David » July 17th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Entry 2

I’m not sure how I feel today… My mind is jumbled. Whenever I close my eyes, all I can see is his blood glistening off my blade… The crimson flood soaking my gloves. I didn’t want to kill him, but I had to protect the others and the base.

It was like he didn’t realize what had happened. The look of anger slowly faded to fear as he walked down my blade. How can you not know you’ve been stabbed? How can you keep going like that? I swear he didn’t notice it until he reached the hilt and couldn’t walk further.

The cry… Light protect me that cry. It was as if all the anger and fear in the world came down to one voice. I need to go back to my inventions. I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight….

Maybe I’ll go back tonight and bury the guard.

David
David
David

Postby David » July 17th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Entry 3

It’s so strange. It’s been years since I’ve picked up this stupid thing. To think I ever felt remorse over killing someone. Me? An assassin feeling remorse? Though, at night, I can still see his face occasionally. I mean, he was my first after all. Since then, literally dozens of the Stormwind guard and “adventurers” have died to me.
Ha! Adventurers….. They’re just glorified mercenaries with misguided motives. They pretend they’re fighting for something and yet can never say what it is.
They call us evil. We fight for the people of Stormwind so that they can see the tyranny of the Nobles! We fight to protect each other! We are Defias! We are family!

They could never understand by themselves so we’ll make them understand.

David
David
David

Postby David » July 17th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Entry 4

Edwin has chosen me! I get to murder the King! I’m so excited I had to write it down! We’re to infiltrate the Stormwind military and, as soo as we get the chance, murder that false king!
Finally we can prove he is the evil one! Not us! Shit, I’ve got to get ready.
If you’re reading this, I know you found it under the stump up on the hill over the mine. Put it back, or you’ll be next.

David
David
David

Postby David » July 17th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Entry 5

I can’t believe I was able to find this after a decade, right where I left it. What have I done? I’ve murdered so many innocents… I tried to redeem myself with the Knights of Dusk and the Redblades and yet…
No amount of repentance can remove the blood on my hands. I want to do something to help others. I want to show people what it’s like to have a family.
People should know what it is like to be loved and belong. I need to clear my head. If you find this and the ink is still fresh, you’ll find me in the Blue Recluse.

Maybe some alcohol will help me think.

Login  •  Register